List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Prospect Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Cant remember who mentioned it but I thought someone mentioned Josh Worrell (18 in that Phantom) as the player we were trying to move up the order for; not Weightman.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That was Pragmatic Shill

Last edited:
Live trade our 2020 1st Round for a 2019 1st to target McAsey or Worrell.
Or
Live trade our 2020 1st Round for 2019 2nd & 2020 2nd (we use 2019 2nd to target DeKoning or Jones & Bank another 2020 2nd round pick).

We either secure a 1st Round KPP this year or we secure an early 2nd Round KPP this year whilst banking another future 2nd Round pick for 2020 (Giving us 3 x 2nd Round picks next year, more than enough points for Reef...& if Reef was to fall dramatically in draft estimations, then we use our 2nd Round picks to trade back into the 1st Round next year). Giving us flexibility in the future.

Last edited:

In case anyone is interested, I've been doing this spreadsheet again to try and gauge where players are ranked that get mentioned in threads like this.

Hopefully it's clear enough when shrunk down to an image 🤷‍♂️

20191024.jpg

Has been updated to include Twomey's latest update yesterday.

Still on the lookout for more reputable Power Rankings...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In case anyone is interested, I've been doing this spreadsheet again to try and gauge where players are ranked that get mentioned in threads like this.

Hopefully it's clear enough when shrunk down to an image 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 769548

Has been updated to include Twomey's latest update yesterday.

Still on the lookout for more reputable Power Rankings...
Good to see guys like Riccardi, Sokol and Georgiades not there but are they not included as they are mature agers?

Good to see guys like Riccardi, Sokol and Georgiades not there but are they not included as they are mature agers?

To be honest I think they're only not in there because they're not listed on any of the Power Rankings I've sampled. So I guess Knightmare, Pie 4 Life, etc. don't have them in their top 30 and the others don't have them in their top 50.

The list always gets a little diluted from 31 onwards because people tend to restrict their list to just top 30s 😢

Knightmare did mention he'd release 31+ after the phantom so no one stole his picks. I'm sure Pie 4 Life was going to release something too but I could be wrong.

Wait and see I guess.

Any chance we look to trade up the order (not into the first) but grab another second round pick?

Geelong have 36, could we trade our future second for that (they will probably back themselves to finish above us next season), and they would have already used 3 picks before then. Could they be tempted to bank another second round pick next year and settle for their 3 early selections this year?

My reason for thinking this is having two second round picks could allow us to pick up 2 of Jones, Ricardi, Georgiades or Sokol, and use 62 on a small forward like a Tyrone Thorne from WA?

Any chance we look to trade up the order (not into the first) but grab another second round pick?

Geelong have 36, could we trade our future second for that (they will probably back themselves to finish above us next season), and they would have already used 3 picks before then. Could they be tempted to bank another second round pick next year and settle for their 3 early selections this year?

My reason for thinking this is having two second round picks could allow us to pick up 2 of Jones, Ricardi, Georgiades or Sokol, and use 62 on a small forward like a Tyrone Thorne from WA?

I think that is a Real Possibility but will a Team let us is another Question all together

A pick in the mid 30’s of this draft is real speculative when retaining the 2020 could be used in getting McInness in the next draft.

I’d much prefer our 1st in 2020 be packaged with the St Kilda 2nd to get into the top 10 next year ahead of a bid on Reef and then have our 2020 2nd and 3rd be absorbed by a bid.

To be honest I think they're only not in there because they're not listed on any of the Power Rankings I've sampled. So I guess Knightmare, Pie 4 Life, etc. don't have them in their top 30 and the others don't have them in their top 50.

The list always gets a little diluted from 31 onwards because people tend to restrict their list to just top 30s 😢

Knightmare did mention he'd release 31+ after the phantom so no one stole his picks. I'm sure Pie 4 Life was going to release something too but I could be wrong.

Wait and see I guess.
Once I’m finished doing the draft guide over the next week I’ll extend my list. It’s just been keeping me busy.

A pick in the mid 30’s of this draft is real speculative when retaining the 2020 could be used in getting McInness in the next draft.

I’d much prefer our 1st in 2020 be packaged with the St Kilda 2nd to get into the top 10 next year ahead of a bid on Reef and then have our 2020 2nd and 3rd be absorbed by a bid.

I like that idea. We have a poor draft hand this year and haven't really invested in high draft picks since the Stephenson draft. It will be time to look at some quality draftees soon and if we do this it'll give us a top 10 and Reef who is currently highly rated. That should be a good foundation.

I like that idea. We have a poor draft hand this year and haven't really invested in high draft picks since the Stephenson draft. It will be time to look at some quality draftees soon and if we do this it'll give us a top 10 and Reef who is currently highly rated. That should be a good foundation.

Absolutely, but it all depends on how the cards fall. Whilst I’m not necessarily a fan of trading into a mid 30’s pick of this draft if as speculated we rated Worrell at maybe 6 and he’s still there at 15 then we need to go hard at GC’s pick*. Whatever presents the greatest value really.

*academy bids not taken into account.

Whilst we're playing finals and not likely to get any really early picks, I'd be keen on us moving to a draft strategy of trading out of drafts to bank future picks. Accumulate them so that we can use them to trade up into some of the really top kids in the future draft periods. At pick 35, if we have a fair few kids we rate similarly, or noone we rate particularly highly, look at an in draft trade for next year's second. Some club will have a kid they really like still there and will be willing to pay up for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back