List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Prospect Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Any Indians available?
A Thai?

Then we can have feasting banquets.
Cuisine cook offs.

Might get to fat to win anything but at least it will be delicious.

Matt Preston is looking for work, he’s a Collingwood supporter, loves footy apparently, he can be the judge.

We also need some Japanese, Lebanese and Turkish. Need to cover all the fine cuisines.

Found it.
Well done father in law.

The likelihood of Martin nominating a salary that we would be prepared to take on, and that no team with an earlier pick would want to take on? I think you could insert one of your GIF thingys of Jim Carrey saying there's still a chance.

I understand all that...........but I will be just as happy if Carlton miss out on him or for them to use pick 9 to get him.

I'd be keen on Riccardi like many others here have mentioned.

Perhaps the young fella Coffield from Richmond VFL too?

I just had a look at the draft order (refer below) and it seems Carlton does not have a second round pick.

Although I think he is a bit flaky he is the type of player our team needs...…….….thoughts on picking up Jack Martin at 35?

Would be hilarious if we did that but i can’t see it. Have to question his football iq picking Carlton unless the money was a major factor

Would be hilarious if we did that but i can’t see it. Have to question his football iq picking Carlton unless the money was a major factor

I just read he is going in the Pre Season draft and Carlton will get him for nothing.

Bullshit system..................he is only 24.........I still think Gold Coast should re-draft him again.

Wasn't he like Hogan and they gave up two first round draft picks for him initially??

I just read he is going in the Pre Season draft and Carlton will get him for nothing.

Bullshit system..................he is only 24.........I still think Gold Coast should re-draft him again.

Wasn't he like Hogan and they gave up two first round draft picks for him initially??
I thought they got access to him? Can’t remember tho. Wonder if it will be a Luke Ball/Luke tapscott moment with Jack Martin

But yeah if they’re getting him for free I have no idea why Gold Coast didn’t accept the future picks? Could they be run any worse

For pick 35.
Look at the draft pool. Cross off any guys who are over 190cms. Cross off any guys who have had a lot of exposure to the elite pathways. Highlight anyone with a medical condition such as deafness or an irregularity in their heart. Highlight anyone who is strong overhead. Highlight anyone who is elite in another sport. Highlight anyone who has a name that we can relate to genitals.

I'm tipping we draft:

Jimmy Vagina
Jimmy's a strong marking 187cm back flanker. The former Under 18 synchronised swimming champion has only just switched to footy and therefore hasn't had much exposure to the elite pathways, so we see great scope for development, with definite midfield potential. Jimmy is of great character and has been highly praised for his ability to overcome having no left foot - literally no left foot.

I thought they got access to him? Can’t remember tho. Wonder if it will be a Luke Ball/Luke tapscott moment with Jack Martin

But yeah if they’re getting him for free I have no idea why Gold Coast didn’t accept the future picks? Could they be run any worse
Typhoon Tony Cochrane standing his ground!

I think it was Cameron standing his ground on this one and rightly so. It should have went to mediation.

Players like "him" shouldn't be allowed to walk to a Club of their choice for free.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just had a look at the draft order (refer below) and it seems Carlton does not have a second round pick.

Although I think he is a bit flaky he is the type of player our team needs...…….….thoughts on picking up Jack Martin at 35?

Didn't Carlton threaten that they'd get him for nothing in the preseason draft if GC didn't do a deal? Only GC and Dees would have picks before them. Dees have added Lever, May, Langdon and Thomlinson over the last couple of off seasons so wouldn't be too hard to price them out of picking him. I guess GC could just to spite him.

Luke Ball?

Luke Ball went in the National Draft...…..pick 30 wasn't it? That pick was vindicated in the end because Ross was being a knob.

Pre Season draft is a joke if you can get a player of his so called "potential".

Luke Ball went in the National Draft...…..pick 30 wasn't it? That pick was vindicated in the end because Ross was being a knob.

Pre Season draft is a joke if you can get a player of his so called "potential".
So a list position in the National Draft is different to a List Position in the Pre-Season Draft, nah, I don't think so

A player gets to select which draft (or both) they want to go in as the best way of making sure they get to the club of their choice

Collingwood Bubble?

So a list position in the National Draft is different to a List Position in the Pre-Season Draft, nah, I don't think so

A player gets to select which draft (or both) they want to go in as the best way of making sure they get to the club of their choice

Collingwood Bubble?

I disagree it has nothing to do with list position...……….I think the pre season draft is a waste of time.

Gold Coast should not be losing out because SOS was being a w***er.

A 24 year old guy threatening Gold Coast that he will not play for them should't be allowed.......its draft tampering IMO.

Ball was a 28 year old man who was not valued by his Club and Coach.........massive difference here B J.

I disagree it has nothing to do with list position...……….I think the pre season draft is a waste of time.

Gold Coast should not be losing out because SOS was being a w***er.

A 24 year old guy threatening Gold Coast that he will not play for them should't be allowed.......its draft tampering IMO.

Ball was a 28 year old man who was not valued by his Club and Coach.........massive difference here B J.
Like I said
Collingwood do it....Good work pies, yay way to go team

Other Club does same thing .... Draft Tampering, absolute disgrace, shouldn't be allowed

Ball got us into 2 Grand Finals

I doubt he goes through the National draft, but rather the pre season draft where he can nominate his $$ - word is he want big $$, so in this scenario Carlton have pick 3 behind GCS and Melbourne. Highly doubt GCS would re draft and if the $dollars he is asking for are correct then Melbourne could not fit him in.

I am not sure they will need to? They also get a 20% discount because he is an academy kid, so their pick 6 (1,751 points) would be able to match a pick 4 (2,034) less 20% = 1627, but would go slightly into deficit if he was picked at 3 (2234-20% = 1,787). This 36 point deficit would go against their 2020 first rounder, which might not have any effect given the spread of points in round 1. At least I think that is how it works!

Hope Green turns out to be a champ - just so Tigers supporters get to complain that the grandson of their greatest ruckman doesn't play for them.

It goes against pick 40 which then gets shuffled to either 42 or 43.

If GWS are sitting there on draft night with Pick 6, and a bid comes for Green at 3 or 4 or whatever... is it as simple as match or pass? Or can they live swap 6 for our future pick(s) and then match Green with a packet of later selections?

I believe they can live swap. My guess would be that they’d do their homework on a bid coming at every pick between 3-5 then have a different trade lined up for each of those bids.

The likelihood of Martin nominating a salary that we would be prepared to take on, and that no team with an earlier pick would want to take on? I think you could insert one of your GIF thingys of Jim Carrey saying there's still a chance.

If he and the Blues are really keen, he could put a big price on his head and then readjust it to a longer contract with the money more spread out after being drafted. That was the rumour about us and Ball. But I don't know if that's actually within the rules or not?

For pick 35.

I'm tipping we draft:

Jimmy Vagina
Jimmy's a strong marking 187cm back flanker. The former Under 18 synchronised swimming champion has only just switched to footy and therefore hasn't had much exposure to the elite pathways, so we see great scope for development, with definite midfield potential. Jimmy is of great character and has been highly praised for his ability to overcome having no left foot - literally no left foot.

You can’t invent that name?

The mind boggels.

What will Bruce say:

“Cox to Vagina.... shoots straight... goal.
You just knew it would happen, didn’t you....”

Like I said
Collingwood do it....Good work pies, yay way to go team

Other Club does same thing .... Draft Tampering, absolute disgrace, shouldn't be allowed

Ball got us into 2 Grand Finals
I'm half with you, but think the issue isn't the tampering, the real question is, "Why do we have a Preseason draft?"

It may have made sense when we had different rules regarding rookies, but has no purpose anymore. Its presence seems to only exist so that teams can pick up guys without trading for them or using a draft pick on them. It used to be used this way, I'm surprised that that has stopped occurring and I'm hoping that it doesn't start occurring again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back