List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Prospect Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah he's a talent who unfortunately has just had his injuries. He's got high upside, but he's in consideration with a top 10 pick. Doesn't mean he will go there, but a club is considering it, and we'd have to get a top half first rounder to be likely in with a guarantee.
If we are targeting hom, wed probably be hoping he sllips and looking at the possibility of a draft night trade

I hear we are interested in a small forward who may be available just ahead of our first pick. We may have to trade up to get him
Don't know the name

Just been reading up on our tall KPP's, Kelly, Keane, Wilson all show something, think what we need is a creative small with x factor.
I'd love an indigenous talent in the mould of Leon Davis who went at #34 in 1999.

Like I said
Collingwood do it....Good work pies, yay way to go team

Other Club does same thing .... Draft Tampering, absolute disgrace, shouldn't be allowed

Ball got us into 2 Grand Finals

I don't have an issue with what Carlton are proposing to do but there were 29 players taken before Ball. Every club had the same opportunity to take him that we did. To take Ball we overlooked some very talented players (ie: Max Gawn taken at 34). And we tried to do a fair deal offering players and picks in terms of the trade. From the outset, Carlton have quite openly said they'll take him for nothing in the PSD if GC won't agree with their offers. They were always happy to manipulate the system in their favor. Completely different scenarios.

Ummm...

I don't think you'll find him in the phone book...

Apparently it can be found via the yellow pages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please. He will go missing for his 6week sabbatical to Greece in July - August every year. No thanks.

At least he’ll be fresh for September.

I go August/September. Not as hot and less tourists towards then end.

I still want him. Karnezis let me down, Georgiades is the saviour....

Can you trade PSD picks? If you can, GC and the Blues could still do a deal for Martin

No - only ND picks are tradable. Pre-season and Rookie draft pick orders are decided wholly based on ladder position - no compo picks, no trades.

One of my favourite parts of bigfooty, is learning about who we might select and thoughts on the juniors available.

Gentlemen assuming we have first use in the draft at pick 35 who will we choose?
Who would you choose at 35? (May be different players as Club thinks player you thing other player.)

If we trade into the earlier picks who might be on our radar?
Can not assume we would do this by trading next year’s first for this year’s earlier.

Knightmare Pie 4 Life Snoop Dog

1) Collingwood at 35?
2) you at 35?
3) Collingwood if they trade into the draft who?
4) if you traded into the draft who?

I just read he is going in the Pre Season draft and Carlton will get him for nothing.

Bullshit system..................he is only 24.........I still think Gold Coast should re-draft him again.

Wasn't he like Hogan and they gave up two first round draft picks for him initially??
Should only be able to go into the pre-season draft if you have not been picked up in the national draft of the same year.

Future first and future second x 2 if we were desperate.
North currently hold picks 26 and 27- could they be tempted for our future first? Means that they won’t have a pick until much later in the draft but three first rounders in 2020.

26,27 and 35 gives GWS 1954 points = pick 5. Add the 20% discount to their current pick 40 means that it gets upgraded to pick in the 20-25 range

Pick 6 becomes Greene and pick 25ish

North currently hold picks 26 and 27- could they be tempted for our future first? Means that they won’t have a pick until much later in the draft but three first rounders in 2020.

26,27 and 35 gives GWS 1954 points = pick 5. Add the 20% discount to their current pick 40 means that it gets upgraded to pick in the 20-25 range

There might a little bit to Ned being seen with both of the clubs you mention.

I think North would only give us one of those for future first. They'd project us to approx pick 15. Then factor in the likelihood of it slipping out further due to more academy kids next year plus possibility of FA compos, then apply a further discount, because its the future and not immediate gain. Our future first is like a second rounder in value.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back