List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Prospect Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I think North would only give us one of those for future first. They'd project us to approx pick 15. Then factor in the likelihood of it slipping out further due to more academy kids next year plus possibility of FA compos, then apply a further discount, because its the future and not immediate gain. Our future first is like a second rounder in value.
Maybe we need to add something small to North, or perhaps a future pick swap.

Maybe we need to add something small to North, or perhaps a future pick swap.
I think we'd have to add pick 35, even then they'd probably say no, unless they don't rate what's likely to be available at their picks and want to bank points or picks for next year .

Moving up this year won't be cheap, or at least won't sound cheap, because we'll be using the phrase 'future first', which sounds like a lot.

The AFL should do an AFL and change the rules on the fly by removing the Preseason draft for this year. I'm pretty confident that they'll do it for next year if Martin uses it to get to Carlton.

An idea I like and agree with you on sr.

A good way to ensure players who aren't eligible for free agency don't just walk to their club of choice through the PSD. Force them into the national draft if they're that desperate to leave their current club.

One of my favourite parts of bigfooty, is learning about who we might select and thoughts on the juniors available.

Gentlemen assuming we have first use in the draft at pick 35 who will we choose?
Who would you choose at 35? (May be different players as Club thinks player you thing other player.)

If we trade into the earlier picks who might be on our radar?
Can not assume we would do this by trading next year’s first for this year’s earlier.

Knightmare Pie 4 Life Snoop Dog

1) Collingwood at 35?
2) you at 35?
3) Collingwood if they trade into the draft who?
4) if you traded into the draft who?

What Collingwood have in mind I'm yet to hear.

My thoughts:
Ryan Byrnes probably will be my best available at 35 unless Schoenberg makes it through to there. Both are good mids and neither are major needs. Dylan Williams I'd consider as someone I projected as a top 5 pick coming into the season but hasn't had the best year due to injury - he has some Stevey J and is someone I'd be open to also.

Biggy Nyuon I'd strongly consider bidding for if not with 35, the club's next selection. He could be something like a better Aliir Aliir.

Joshua Shute I like on the outside with his evasion and skills. He's very polished.

Jack Mahony I like as a small forward if after a crumber who can play season one.

Jake Riccardi I would strongly consider as a 20 year old key forward. I'd hope to get him later, but if I didn't think he would be there, I'd consider it.

They're the ones I'd predominantly be thinking about.

If the Pies trade into the first round: depends how high. Top 10 I like Flanders and Kemp. Outside 10 I like Ash if he slides or Gould or McAsey. Jeremy Sharp failing those guys in the late teens. Can't say I'm desperate to move up though. It's not such a strong draft with anyone in particular I feel is too good to miss out on. What the Pies would do, again I have no idea. If the club move into the first round, McAsey as a key defender makes sense if he slides to later first.

What Collingwood have in mind I'm yet to hear.

My thoughts:
Ryan Byrnes probably will be my best available at 35 unless Schoenberg makes it through to there. Both are good mids and neither are major needs. Dylan Williams I'd consider as someone I projected as a top 5 pick coming into the season but hasn't had the best year due to injury - he has some Stevey J and is someone I'd be open to also.

Biggy Nyuon I'd strongly consider bidding for if not with 35, the club's next selection. He could be something like a better Aliir Aliir.

Joshua Shute I like on the outside with his evasion and skills. He's very polished.

Jack Mahony I like as a small forward if after a crumber who can play season one.

Jake Riccardi I would strongly consider as a 20 year old key forward. I'd hope to get him later, but if I didn't think he would be there, I'd consider it.

They're the ones I'd predominantly be thinking about.

If the Pies trade into the first round: depends how high. Top 10 I like Flanders and Kemp. Outside 10 I like Ash if he slides or Gould or McAsey. Jeremy Sharp failing those guys in the late teens. Can't say I'm desperate to move up though. It's not such a strong draft with anyone in particular I feel is too good to miss out on. What the Pies would do, again I have no idea. If the club move into the first round, McAsey as a key defender makes sense if he slides to later first.
Great response - appreciated.

If it’s not a absolute need then you’re right let’s pass on trading into the draft.

Be interesting as it always tends to be.
Last year being the most “pre determined” from our point on view.

If we don't pick up a f KPF with our first pick.. I'm going to eat f pubes.

I have absolutely f had it man.

I would not get my Hopes Up as I have been the Same for quite sometime with the Draft

Anyone know anything about Mitch Georgiades? Would he suit us at 35?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
spartan-magpie right now.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just one thing, I hope the spelling of his name is just a series of spelling typos and that his actual name is Mitso as opposed to Mitch.

If I am lucky enough and we do draft him, he’s already got all the nick names he’ll ever need.

the Greek freak MKII
Mitso
The golden greek
The cyclops (the nickname my wife gave my.... me)
Hercules
Mitch the Minotaur would go nicely, but there can only be one and Maynard is perfect for that.

This kid seems to be a perfect fit. What’s the bet he goes to the dogs or hawks and becomes a star?

For my mental sake this boy needs to play in Pies jumper.

also, as we all know I’ve got a thing for you Greek/Australian talent, ill give everyone here a name to remember.....Nick Constantinou who is currently at Texas a&m. I’ve been told his reaction times, hang times , accuracy and length are phenomenal.... and he’s only very young too.

While I understand the desire for a KPF I am not sure it is of much value to us right now. Nobody available at pick 35 or more is likely to have an immediate impact (next 2-3 years) which is what we need right now. It is those already in our system (Kelly and the Irish boys) who are going to have to do that. Happy for us to take one if the club thinks they are value at our picks but it is unlikely to be the answer for the next few years if they are kids.

If we are to get a tall who can make a difference it probably has to be a mature tall like Mihochek. Not sure if there are any of them hanging around in this draft worth taking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back