List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Prospect Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

While I understand the desire for a KPF I am not sure it is of much value to us right now. Nobody available at pick 35 or more is likely to have an immediate impact (next 2-3 years) which is what we need right now. It is those already in our system (Kelly and the Irish boys) who are going to have to do that. Happy for us to take one if the club thinks they are value at our picks but it is unlikely to be the answer for the next few years if they are kids.

If we are to get a tall who can make a difference it probably has to be a mature tall like Mihochek. Not sure if there are any of them hanging around in this draft worth taking.
I agree. When the Hawks traded in pick 1 for Hodge, they had a heap of talls, but needed mids. It worked magnificently for them, because Hodge was a star, but the theory behind it was flawed. By the time Hodge matured, their whole spine had left - Hay, Thompson, Rawlings and Holland.

He looks like a stick re.. makes Hipwood look like an Adonis.

And you call yourself Greek?

Even I know what's going to happen to his body shape now that he's growing up and thus going to be out of the house more and thus going to be given extra servings of moussaka when he is at home.

While I understand the desire for a KPF I am not sure it is of much value to us right now. Nobody available at pick 35 or more is likely to have an immediate impact (next 2-3 years) which is what we need right now. It is those already in our system (Kelly and the Irish boys) who are going to have to do that. Happy for us to take one if the club thinks they are value at our picks but it is unlikely to be the answer for the next few years if they are kids.

If we are to get a tall who can make a difference it probably has to be a mature tall like Mihochek. Not sure if there are any of them hanging around in this draft worth taking.

Riccardi may be that player. While he is only 20 he is performing in the VFL and has the scope to step up.

I want to hear that the player we were trying to get into the first round for dropped to us at 35, I don't care if it's true or not, I just want to hear it

"we rated him much higher"

"surprised he made it to our pick"

"hasn't had much exposure to elite pathways"

"played basketball as a junior"

Outside of the retirements of Goldsack and Wells have we actually made any official delistings yet? Surprised we haven’t heard more on this.

Interested to know how many free list spots/draft picks that we will actually have.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Outside of the retirements of Goldsack and Wells have we actually made any official delistings yet? Surprised we haven’t heard more on this.

Interested to know how many free list spots/draft picks that we will actually have.

If we do delist more players will they be after our last draft pick? Because that would mean those picks would all be over pick 70

Just Murray at the Moment

Always the chance of a gem being found... but I think when you're first pick is 35, the club is better off looking at Delisted Free Agents, mature age state league players and rookies (even if it means a smaller primary list) whilst we are a top 8 side.. than draft a kid with pick 70 that then wastes two years of the club's time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice pick for us in your phantom draft Knightmare ;)

It would be even better if Collingwood could secure Riccardi in the fourth round, and that may be possible.

Ultimately, the draft opens up after around pick 30, so anything could happen from there. Just like him as a list fit and feel he fits where Collingwood are at.

It would be even better if Collingwood could secure Riccardi in the fourth round, and that may be possible.

Ultimately, the draft opens up after around pick 30, so anything could happen from there. Just like him as a list fit and feel he fits where Collingwood are at.

Not sure his production is high enough to use a pick 35 on.

Not sure his production is high enough to use a pick 35 on.

From 30 the point this year is it's flat. Anyone could go anywhere. Teams will take what they need and go earlier on some.

Riccardi had a good year. His stats are better than his TAC Cup stats from last year. 38 goals from 20 games is a good return for a first VFL season.

Riccardi may be that player. While he is only 20 he is performing in the VFL and has the scope to step up.

His production was greater than a 21yo Brown in his draft year.

He’s the best performed KPP aside from B King in his draft year so given where we’re at I think we should take that a shot over whichever one paced ground level ball winner we have in mind.

His production was greater than a 21yo Brown in his draft year.

He’s the best performed KPP aside from B King in his draft year so given where we’re at I think we should take that a shot over whichever one paced ground level ball winner we have in mind.

It's rumoured we've spoken to Riccardi which if true means we have interest. I hope so.

What if we traded next years first round to Geelong for their picks 24 and 36?, that would give us 24, 35. 36.62 and 74 in this years draft which would mean we won't need next years first round to use on Reef and allow us to go into this years with a lot more confidence and the chance of getting some quality talent into the side. Thoughts Scodog10

Last edited:
What if we traded next years first round to Geelong for their picks 24 and 36?, that would give us 24, 35. 36.62 and 74 in this years draft which would mean we won't need next years first round to use on Reef and allow us to go into this years with a lot more confidence and the chance of getting some quality talent into the side

I don’t mind that idea. However, Scodog10 had a great idea, which I think might be the one our recruiting team use.

Let’s assume Reef is a top 10 talent Next year.

We keep our 2020 first. We trade out our 2021 first round pick for another 2020 first.

Bundle both our picks and move above the “Reef bid”.

Ie we get 2 top 10 talents next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back