List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Prospect Discussion

Well with Trade Period Ended now we can Move on about talking about the 2019 Draft and about Prospects and Who we might Pick

Our Draft Picks:

Current Draft Picks

Pick 35
Pick 62
Pick 74

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Been looking forward to this thread, although I was hoping we'd trade into the first round during trade period.

I still think we'll sit back and watch the draft and if there's a player we rate in the top ten still available from 11-15 we might look to trade a future first and a future second, or two future seconds... something like that.

Makes it very hard to analyse the draft and pick a favourite because although we know we'll likely make a selection at 35, we could pounce earlier if anyone will accommodate us.

I haven't done much research (see: highlight viewing) but I don't mind the look of Mal Rosas at 30+. Any thoughts here Pie 4 Life?

Been looking forward to this thread, although I was hoping we'd trade into the first round during trade period.

I still think we'll sit back and watch the draft and if there's a player we rate in the top ten still available from 11-15 we might look to trade a future first and a future second, or two future seconds... something like that.

Makes it very hard to analyse the draft and pick a favourite because although we know we'll likely make a selection at 35, we could pounce earlier if anyone will accommodate us.

I haven't done much research (see: highlight viewing) but I don't mind the look of Mal Rosas at 30+. Any thoughts here Pie 4 Life?
We still can trade in picks, even on the night, so anything is still possible.
We still could get a first, however unlikely

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood

Is Mal Rosas the indigenous boy from Darwin? Would assume GC now have priority over him due to that ridiculous concession from the AFL.

Yep I said the exact same thing on social media tonight. Reckon that Aish trade unlocked a chance to get back into this first round, or at least to a position where we can get a player we're keen on. I know Harrison Jones is a player we'd consider, and he's probably in that 20-35 range, probably earlier in that range. If we don't manage to grab him, then there's later options we'd look at such as Matt McGuinness - 194cm KPD predominantly (can play forward or even push through midfield) with a penetrating left boot. Ben Kelly is another tall we'll consider late, can play any of the three roles. Jake Riccardi another to come into consideration.

I'm 100% certain we are taking a tall in this draft. Whether we can trade up to get one of the better ones, or take one late, it's something I expect to happen.

Is Mal Rosas the indigenous boy from Darwin? Would assume GC now have priority over him due to that ridiculous concession from the AFL.
Yeah Rosas can go to GC for free now. He's a later selection in the draft anyway. Budarick is the one they are getting away with daylight robbery. He's a clear top 30 pick for mine.

Yep I said the exact same thing on social media tonight. Reckon that Aish trade unlocked a chance to get back into this first round, or at least to a position where we can get a player we're keen on. I know Harrison Jones is a player we'd consider, and he's probably in that 20-35 range, probably earlier in that range. If we don't manage to grab him, then there's later options we'd look at such as Matt McGuinness - 194cm KPD predominantly (can play forward or even push through midfield) with a penetrating left boot. Ben Kelly is another tall we'll consider late, can play any of the three roles. Jake Riccardi another to come into consideration.

I'm 100% certain we are taking a tall in this draft. Whether we can trade up to get one of the better ones, or take one late, it's something I expect to happen.

I been saying for Years we have to take a Tall and we haven't but hopefully we Finally do

Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood

I'd actually forgotten about that already. I think the Suns are capable of turning things around a lot quicker than people are giving them credit for. Hopefully they strip this zone from them soon thereafter.

Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood

Based on this post, McAsey is the one I'll be looking out for around pick 10. If he slides to 11, 12, etc. we need to find a team with plenty of (or at least enough) key backs and try our luck.

Port at Pick 12, maybe.

Matt_352

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Super keen on Jake Riccardi. What is his likely draft range? 35 do it?

We need to trade our 2020 first for a 2019 first probably in that 10-15 range who could be in that range that we would love?

Aug 31, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Posted this in the trade thread :

KPP players picked after pick 30. Not many superstars, but some serviceable players. 2016 is the killer as we chose Sam McLarty before all those blokes.

2014 - M.McGovern, O.Mcdonald, D.Howard, H.Andrews, L.Austin, B.Frampton, J.Finlayson,

2015 - M. Adams & S. Collins

2016 - S.Darcy, J.Battle, B.Cox, E.Ratugolea, L.Young, R.Garthwaite, N.Larkey, M.Lewis, J.Waterman

2017 - T.McCartin, S.Hayes, C.Ballard & B.Crossley

There is hope for a 2019 KPP.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
An interesting rule of thumb is the key position players taken later tend to be misses for than hits.

Seems the best of them tend to go early.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
An interesting rule of thumb is the key position players taken later tend to be misses for than hits.

Seems the best of them tend to go early.

Mihocek goes alright I reckon Saintly.

I do agree with your theory by the way...…...plenty of diamonds in the rough I also think if you are a good enough recruiter.

Back