List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Prospect Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Dylan Williams still on the board (although he wasn't going first round anyway) - any chance he might slide to our pick 39 and would Hineguy be into him?

Footy is getting ridiculous when we're concerned about an 18 year olds conditioning a couple of weeks after he's won a flag and thus been drinking with the big boys.
I'm impressed that he could put on 6kg in a week on the piss. I thought only I could do that!

Footy is getting ridiculous when we're concerned about an 18 year olds conditioning a couple of weeks after he's won a flag and thus been drinking with the big boys.

Agree. Apparently he sought advice on what he should do and they told him to go and enjoy it with his teammates.

He looks like a pretty solid lad anyway with his body shape. A solid pre season over summer he could easily drop a few kegs. The dual U18 AA could be a steal for someone in the 20s.

In saying all of the above he doesn’t really project as a Hine type pick.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

It’s ridiculous if you aren’t. The standard you walk past is the standard you accept. Hence why Sier is struggling to adapt, the penny took time to drop with JDG and why Murray is no longer in the system.

Gould has had a manager for 2 years and been in elite pathways for going on 3 it isn’t the result of two weeks on the piss given he’s anywhere from 10-15kg off an ideal playing weight. He’s top 5 on talent and undrafted on professionalism hence why he’s drifted.

Few too many meals at Lazy Moes perhaps!

I'm sure Pie 4 Life said we were 100% taking a tall this year but that was at least a month ago. Assuming Balmer has the same intel, but may be taking it much more literally.
1 tall I can see. 2 is a stretch. 3 is no chance.

It’s ridiculous if you aren’t. The standard you walk past is the standard you accept. Hence why Sier is struggling to adapt, the penny took time to drop with JDG and why Murray is no longer in the system.

Gould has had a manager for 2 years and been in elite pathways for going on 3 it isn’t the result of two weeks on the piss given he’s anywhere from 10-15kg off an ideal playing weight. He’s top 5 on talent and undrafted on professionalism hence why he’s drifted.
Need to push out the draft age to 21 then. Kids need time to grow up. I suspect if expectations and media exposure continue to rise at the rate they have been, depression will also continue to rise at the rate it has been.

World is full of a lot of talented people who did not make it due to this exact reason. Talent alone is rarely enough (Gary Ablett SNR the exception)

Need to push out the draft age to 21 then. Kids need time to grow up. I suspect if expectations and media exposure continue to rise at the rate they have been, depression will also continue to rise at the rate it has been.
Quite a few of my mates were out working at 16, understand these kids have growing up to do but if it's what they want let them at it. The kids who don't want it enough should probably look at another profession IMHO.

I do get your point and agree on the mental health issues but the AFL spend money and time in this are, most other industries do not.

If history is any guide Hine is unlikely to pick a player who is on any of BF punter’s wish lists, particularly once outside top 20. So I suggest you don’t get too attached to Riccardi, Jeka ......whoever just yet.

He always had a Smoky he Loves

World is full of a lot of talented people who did not make it due to this exact reason. Talent alone is rarely enough (Gary Ablett SNR the exception)

Aaron James is the one that springs immediately to mind and Swanny was almost another. I’m not saying he should be a teetotaller and there’s grey to it, but what I’m saying is be semi professional.

So we’re now discussing pushing the draft age back on the basis of one kid out of the entire draft class dropping the ball on his standards? Every kid taken so far knows the drill so it’s a no for me. Let’s play the game and say we take him on and he struggles as badly as Kirby with the training, where to from there?

The incidences of mental health related issues in professional sport is alarming you can’t ignore that, but linking it to a guy that owned the fact that he ate all the pies is a genuine stretch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aaron James is the one that springs immediately to mind and Swanny was almost another. I’m not saying he should be a teetotaller and there’s grey to it, but what I’m saying is be semi professional.

So we’re now discussing pushing the draft age back on the basis of one kid out of the entire draft class dropping the ball on his standards? Every kid taken so far knows the drill so it’s a no for me. Let’s play the game and say we take him on and he struggles as badly as Kirby with the training, where to from there?

The incidences of mental health related issues in professional sport is alarming you can’t ignore that, but linking it to a guy that owned the fact that he ate all the pies is a genuine stretch.

Linking mental health related issues to very high expectations that tend towards perfectionism and don't allow kids any space to make their share of mistakes whilst growing up, isn't such a stretch though, in fact it's a very common theory. Anyway, it's a bit of a bugbear of mine - I'll drop it.

1 tall I can see. 2 is a stretch. 3 is no chance.

I saw Balmers Phatom Draft. How late our Picks are I take them with a Grain of Salt.

Riccardi is a True Tall but the other 2 at 192 and 191cm means they can play in the Midfield

That pick trade with Brisbane really was a good one for us. With all of the academy kids next year, heaps of the picks between our 2nd rounder and Brissy's 3rd rounder are likely to disappear in order to match bids, so it probably won't be much of a downgrade. Not only did it give us pick 48, but also the option of trading our first if we are excited by someone tonight. We really got good value I think.

What's the hot poo?
Bucks having lunch with Adelaide?
What's on the menu?
South Melbourne dim sims?
Who is the chosen one we seek at pick 25?
Geebung has pick 26 so are we trying to circumvent them for a Riccardi or someone else?
Will we get a promise from the Crows not to touch our man if we accept 25 over 24?

With librans being single, I think it is because you always behave like it's that time of the month - which explains why you were named after tampons.

My ex was a gemi re.. we used to get shitfaced all the time.. so it wasn't really a relationship as such.. we were both in love with the booze and we gave each other excuses to do it on a regular basis.. when we weren't on the turps.. we were apart.. which was good.

20191128_143724.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back