List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Second Pick (pick 25) of the BF trial run: Cody Weightman (177cm, 73kg Forward via Dandenong Stingrays)
We'd be doing well if we pick him up in the real thing for a second rounder. A genuine goal-kicker.

I wonder if Bevo ever would play a genuine goalsneak as a full time FP though.

We'd be doing well if we pick him up in the real thing for a second rounder. A genuine goal-kicker.

I wonder if Bevo ever would play a genuine goalsneak as a full time FP though.
Could be worth his weight in gold at the feet of Naughts and Schache add Elijah into the mix and have a potent forward line

Could be worth his weight in gold at the feet of Naughts and Schache add Elijah into the mix and have a potent forward line
Yes I agree, if Bevo would ever play a permanent small forward pocket which I don't believe he ever has, hence my question.
He loves 'versatility' but I still think a genuine crumbing forward has a place in modern footy (e.g. Tipi's last minute matchwinner against North yesterday).

Bevo is an intelligent man for the 'right' talent there would be a spot. Could always run through the middle for some relief minutes a la Cyril Rioli as a second string to his bow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No can do still young boys that where available that I couldn't pass on.

Key Forward check
Natural crumbing Forward x2 check
Quality Defender check
Athletic Inside Mid check

Feel like I have done okay here
Be happy with one in the mock Rookie draft, it's always a good watch for some diverse opinions. I have 21 x
primaries and eight x secondaries plus a handful of matures this year so far.

No can do still young boys that where available that I couldn't pass on.

Key Forward check
Natural crumbing Forward x2 check
Quality Defender check
Athletic Inside Mid check

Feel like I have done okay here

Really don’t think we need any more inside mids and hope Young is gone by our first pick because the last thing we need is more rebounding defenders. Would have preferred to see at least one key defender too.

Big fan of the Jeka and Weightman picks though.

Would love to look at giving Liam McBean another run with one of our late picks. He's easily been the highest performing key forward in the state leagues this year. Averaging over 3 goals/game, including kicking a bag of 9 earlier in the season. Most recently listed at 202cm and 98 kg, and would provide some decent key forward depth while hopefully being capable of actually playing sooner rather than later. I'd take him up forward long before I see Gardner up there again.

We should be selecting at least one of Sam Flanders, Caleb Serong, Cody Weightman and/or Elijah Taylor.

Enough said.
Agree totally my preference would be picking up taylor>serong>Flanders with our first and then weightman with our second if our picks stay the same.

Agree totally my preference would be picking up taylor>serong>Flanders with our first and then weightman with our second if our picks stay the same.
Would love Taylor, but I'm resigned to the fact we probably don't have an early pick this year.

Really don’t think we need any more inside mids and hope Young is gone by our first pick because the last thing we need is more rebounding defenders. Would have preferred to see at least one key defender too.

Big fan of the Jeka and Weightman picks though.
Ralphsmith is a bit more than just the vanilla inside mid imo. He is one of the players you who can break lines from the middle. Atm I'd only have Bont, Smith and maybe West who can do that for us now and with the 6 6 6 it is going to become a lot more important to get clean breaks out of the middle from restarts.

BTW I'm still taking one more pick in the Phantom so look out for the KPD.

Key Forward check
What do you think of Jeka's chances of making the grade?

Quality KPFs are almost always first round picks and if he's sliding past the first few rounds he must have a number deficiencies.

Don't see many rating him as a top 10 pick, are you expecting a finals run? He's in the 10-20 range IMO.
No, I'm expecting us to trade heavily as every indication the club has given has been for the need for mature bodies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back