List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

update on draft prediction (ignoring green bid), but taking into account the giants moving up to pick 3.

Pick 1 - GC- Rowell
Pick 2 - GC - Anderson
Pick 3 - GWS - Young
Pick 4 - A - Flanders
Pick 5 - S - Ash
Pick 6 - M - Serong
Pick 7 - F - Robertson
Pick 8 - M - Kemp
Pick 9 - C - Weightman
Pick 10 - F - Jackson
Pick 11 - H - Gould
Pick 12 - P - Stevens
Pick 13 - D - McAsey

biggest threat is hawks taking McAsey. any chance they will take the next backline general in Gould??

I'd love if there was an unexpectedly high bid on Finn Maginness that wiped out Hawthorn's pick 11. I think that, and Port going for local in Gould, is really our only chance of getting McAsey.

I'd love if there was an unexpectedly high bid on Finn Maginness that wiped out Hawthorn's pick 11. I think that, and Port going for local in Gould, is really our only chance of getting McAsey.

I would draft Gould over McAsey. Gould is an elite kick who is strong enough to play KPD but a bit short. How many KPD can kick as well as Gould? He is like two players at once.

Port Adelaide OR Hawks will take Gould ahead of McAsey, so it won’t matter.

Last edited:
I would draft Gould over McAsey. Gould is an elite kick who is strong enough to play KPD but a bit short. How many KPD can kick as well as Gould? He is like two players at once.

Port Adelaide OR Hawks will take Gould ahead of McAsey, so it won’t matter.

do you think we might well end up with Gould?
sounds like a Bevo player.

I don't see us paying the price of 13 and next year's first for any one player in this draft. I could however see us using it for a player after 13. Say Bergman or Rivers (or even possible Weightman) are still there late first round, we could use next year's first to trade in to take them. Now that Stevens isn't available to us we might not need the points haul we expected, and it might be a smart idea to trade out our first for something more valuable than just using it to match a bid.

I wouldn't say no to Gould. I think my preference list in order would be (after people who obviously won't be available) McAsey, Stephens, Gould, Weightman, Bergman, Rivers.

I don't see us paying the price of 13 and next year's first for any one player in this draft. I could however see us using it for a player after 13. Say Bergman or Rivers (or even possible Weightman) are still there late first round, we could use next year's first to trade in to take them. Now that Stevens isn't available to us we might not need the points haul we expected, and it might be a smart idea to trade out our first for something more valuable than just using it to match a bid.

What happened with Stevens?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Evening all, I have your mob in our Freo mock draft and interested on your thoughts on who I should take at 13. Someone like McAsey or Gould seems to the best fit from what I can see or maybe a suitable small? With my later picks thinking a ruck plus a small forward/tall defender (whichever I don’t get at 13). Cheers.

Evening all, I have your mob in our Freo mock draft and interested on your thoughts on who I should take at 13. Someone like McAsey or Gould seems to the best fit from what I can see or maybe a suitable small? With my later picks thinking a ruck plus a small forward/tall defender (whichever I don’t get at 13). Cheers.

Ruck is a long way down our list of priorities. Good problem to have with our first choice ruck also being our young developing ruck. Trengove and Sweet are enough depth.

McAsey would be perfect, but if you can't get him another KPD later on would be good. Small forward and outside mid are other needs.

Bid on Liam Henry first, he is the most suitable small, if a bid has not come already, that should make you popular. ;)

Hey, we're each other's counterparts.

KPD, small forward, and speedy winger are probably our top priorities. We have a great inside midfielder group, some quality tall forwards, and a developing ruck with heaps of potential.

Bid on Liam Henry first, he is the most suitable small, if a bid has not come already, that should make you popular. ;)
Think we’re all just happy if a bid for him occurs after pick 10 tbh. Am planning on bidding on him most likely
Ruck is a long way down our list of priorities. Good problem to have with our first choice ruck also being our young developing ruck. Trengove and Sweet are enough depth.

McAsey would be perfect, but if you can't get him another KPD later on would be good. Small forward and outside mid are other needs.
Yeah was more thinking a mature ager for a bit of extra depth if I were to go down that direction

Bevo has been big on really building on our key strengths and making sure we have this as a key advantage over the competition.

Look we don’t need to have all bases covered.
Different teams have different strengths.

Just because Richmond have won 2 flags recently based on having lots of small pressure forwards.. doesn’t mean that we need to do the same.

Our game plan is based on having players with quick hands in the midfield and also having smart skillful half back flankers who allow us to transition from defense to the forward-line.

Richmond creates repeat entries through small forwards creating pressure. We do it through team defense - and having our INTERCEPT defenders position themselves in the forward half.

Rather then having a traditional outside winger on both sides along with two traditional half forward players - We employ a half back flanker to spill on to the right wing position, whilst then having a midfielder spill into the forward flank role.
The outcome is simple.
Our two key strengths - quick hands and transition play is then ganrenteed to always be represented in AT LEAST 2 of the 3 lines across the field at all times...

Last edited:
So I’m all in for either McAsey and Gould.

both would really add to our team defense/transition play.

our other key strength (quick hands) is well and truly sufficiently covered for the now and for the future :)

Last edited:
So I’m all in for either McAsey and Gould.

both would really add to our team defense/transition play.

our other key strength (quick hands) is well and truly sufficiently covered for the now and for the future :)
I don’t mind Gould, could be a case of he’s too good to not take at 13 even if he’s not an obvious need.
Gould and MacAsey make sense at Hawks and Port picks though, just not sure which way round.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back