List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Virgin Dog

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What’s becoming more clear is that we will be drafting a back half player.

look I don’t mind it.

even if it’s a half back flanker.

Wood, suckling and Duryea don’t have many years left in them.
This is the reason why I've come to terms with not getting McAsey. It sucks, but Gould would be a fantastic replacement, even if he's not the same type. At the very least, Sucklings kick is replaced with a comparable one

Last edited:

theBigB

Debutant
Nov 5, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
No to Will Gould. The kid is fat, 106kg at only 191cm. If there's anything to learn from players like Darcy Hourigan 5 years ago, it's that recruiters don't like selecting fat players, particularly with early picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

theBigB

Debutant
Nov 5, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We need key-position players and small forwards.

If McAsey is available, take him. Would almost certainly be best available and fills a need. If not him, then Weightman if he's there.

1. Rowell (GC)
2. Anderson (GC)
3. Young (Mel)
4. Green (GWS)
5. Ash (Ade)
6. Flanders (Syd)
7. Jackson (Fre)
8. Weightman (Mel)
9. Serong (Car)
10. Robertson (Fre)
11. McAsey (Haw)
12. Stephens (Port)
13. Kemp/Bianco/Worrell/Bergman/Rivers

Yojimbo

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Does sound a good fit for us. Awkward range considering our picks - our first too early and our second too late?
On the Essendon mock the Dogs drafter did the 13 & 53 for 26 & 27 scenario, but took the diminutive Pickett
instead of Cahill (Who remains undrafted). I would take Cahill in that scenario, but they did cling on to Pick 13
like they had something in mind so who knows.

eth-dog

Premium Platinum
Jan 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg Lions, All Boston sides
On the Essendon mock the Dogs drafter did the 13 & 53 for 26 & 27 scenario, but took the diminutive Pickett
instead of Cahill (Who remains undrafted). I would take Cahill in that scenario, but they did cling on to Pick 13
like they had something in mind so who knows.
I got pick 60 out of it too ;). Pickett I think is better than Cahill, Pickett averaged 2 goals/game at reserves level in SA, even got a couple of senior games. Cahill wasn't even a consideration. If I'd stayed with 13 and 53 Cahill would have been taken had he lasted.

weltschmerz

Premiership Player
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Glenelg premiership defender Will Gould drops the kilos and the skinfolds after combine wake-up call

Glenelg premiership defender Will Gould – described as one of the best leaders in this year’s draft pool – has responded to questions about his fitness by shedding 6kg and slashing his skinfold levels in two weeks.
Admitting to being “a bit rusty’’ at the AFL Draft Combine, which was held just nine days after he helped the Tigers break a 33-year league premiership drought, Gould said he had been stung by some “pretty direct instructions’’ in his meeting with Sydney.

Key defender Gould weighed in at the combine at 106kg and recorded skinfold measurements of 78 after a week of celebrating Glenelg’s long-awaited flag.

When he last weighed himself two weeks ago – after he had pulled out of the Tigers’ end-of-season trip to Darwin to focus on his body and the draft – he had dropped to 100kg and his skinfold levels were down to 60.

Remove this Banner Ad