List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

If we traded 13 for two later picks, would we need to trade 53 for a future pick given our list is getting full?
Would think 53 would be involved in a deal for securing the two picks. If not, then yeah we could probably just trade for another top club's future 3rd

Unless the AFL are waiting to release this information

Father-Son And Academy Bidding Nominations Lodged Thursday, 31 October 2019, 2.00pm Father-Son Bidding Nominations and Northern and NGA Academy bidding Nominations lodged.

So might mean we won't nominate CCP and Kellet

Bergman looking like the bolter, won't be there past the first round I reckon.

Best case scenario for me at this point is trading 13 with:

Geelong for 17 (Bergman) and 24 (Pickett)
Port Adelaide for 18 (Bergman) and 29 (Pickett)
Brisbane for 16 (Bergman) and 21 (Pickett)

Obviously not all are realistic and require other stuff coming back and forth. Basic idea is turn 13 into Bergman and Pickett. That's the dream.

need to find a club who will be desperate for pick 13 on draft night

My goals:

McAsey/Gould at 13, Cahill/Lowson at 53

Bergman/Weightman at 13, Kelly/Hilder at 53

Pickett and De Koning with two picks in the 20s or so

Last edited:
Would think 53 would be involved in a deal for securing the two picks. If not, then yeah we could probably just trade for another top club's future 3rd
I wonder if we'd be looking at using our 2020 first as a bargaining chip.
Could be added to our first for a couple of late teen / early 20's picks this year and some bankable point picks next year.

Both Geelong and GC could facilitate that sort of thing. Something like -

14, 53 & 2020 first to Geelong for
WC 2020 first, 19 & 26.

Or to GC for 15, 20 and their 2020 2nd.

I wonder if we'd be looking at using our 2020 first as a bargaining chip.
Could be added to our first for a couple of late teen / early 20's picks this year and some bankable point picks next year.

Both Geelong and GC could facilitate that sort of thing. Something like -

14, 53 & 2020 first to Geelong for
WC 2020 first, 19 & 26.

Or to GC for 15, 20 and their 2020 2nd.
I like it, especially the gc trade. Downgrade this years first 2 places and next year's first one place for pick 20 this year!

Given how much less we seem to leak information compared to a couple of years ago, it wouldn't be surprising if a player we haven't been linked to is our no 1 priority. The top players tend to speak to almost every club at the combine anyway. We're 'put a lot of work into' guys like Sam Mayes and Ben King in the past.

Given how much less we seem to leak information compared to a couple of years ago, it wouldn't be surprising if a player we haven't been linked to is our no 1 priority. The top players tend to speak to almost every club at the combine anyway. We're 'put a lot of work into' guys like Sam Mayes and Ben King in the past.
Yeah. I actually wonder how much misinformation is leaked at this time of year.
Maybe we're trying to get other clubs to jump early at Bergman or Weightman in the hope that Kemp or another highly rated kid slips through...

Would have taken King

Mofra
We use to have two blabber mouths, sorry, I meant sources at the club.... they aren’t at our club any more.

Want to know who GWS are targeting? We could find that out quite quickly but who cares! So no one has bothered to ask.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sub 174 cm AFL: (Not a story about submarines)

Tyson Stengle (Adel): 172 cm (Pick 6 Rookie Draft)
Eddie Betts (Adel): 174 cm (Pick 3 PSD)
Devon Smith (Ess): 174 cm (Pick 14 ND)
Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti (Ess): 171 cm (Pick 22 Rookie Draft)
Darcy McPherson (GC): 174 cm (Pick 21 Rookie Draft)
Brent Daniels (GWS): 170 cm (Pick 27 ND)
Paul Puopolo (Haw): 173 cm (Pick 66 ND)
Charlie Spargo (Mel): 173 cm (Pick 29 ND)
Jay Kennedy-Harris (Mel): 173 cm (Pick 40 ND)
Kade Chandler (Mel): 174 cm (Pick 15 Rookie Draft)
Boyd Woodcock (Port): 174 cm (Pick 76 ND)
Liam Baker (Rich): 173 cm (Pick 18 Rookie Draft)
Ben Cavarra (Bull): 173 cm (Pick 45 ND)
Caleb Daniel (Bull): 168 cm (Pick 46 ND)

These names come from the start of the year before the mid-season draft, two hyphens which is impressive,
but not a high percentage of the total AFL players on lists. We all know that small players can play tall and
tall players can play small. We are all familiar with that old chestnut "The tall players don't get any shorter"
as the game goes on, but "The short players don't get any taller" is never used.

This has been a truly pointless post about playing the percentages.

Last edited:
Mofra
We use to have two blabber mouths, sorry, I meant sources at the club.... they aren’t at our club any more.

Want to know who GWS are targeting? We could find that out quite quickly but who cares! So no one has bothered to ask.
"Anyone ahead of a bid on Green"

Media speculation that Adelaide's pick 4 is in play. If I was Adelaide I'd bleed them dry. Ask them for their 2020 first rounder + pick 6 straight up.

"Anyone ahead of a bid on Green"

Media speculation that Adelaide's pick 4 is in play. If I was Adelaide I'd bleed them dry. Ask them for their 2020 first rounder + pick 6 straight up.

I would ask for more than that.

But with the new draft rules, they can trade pick 6 IF there is an early bid. Some desperate team like Carlton would pay their future first for pick 6.

Then a team like us would think about giving up pick 13 for Carlton’s future first.

That loses a few draft spots but might be far cheaper than the cost for pick 4.

GWS could also ask for a few pick swaps in their favour in those deals too.... but the major part of the cost is there.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back