List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Like the look of him but I reckon we go KPP early.

Think we have a good long look at Gould, Worrell and Jackson.

D’Intinosante could be a good fit later on for the dogs in that half forward role.
No key position players are good enough for your first pick imo, good chance someone like Charlie Dean could be around at your 2nd.

No key position players are good enough for your first pick imo, good chance someone like Charlie Dean could be around at your 2nd.

Still a long way to go to the draft, can't predict where we are finishing just yet or who bolts or slides in the draft.

Jackson could easily go top 5 with a good year (improving skills as a KPF) from what I saw last year from him.

So looks like I'll be paying lot of attention to the draft again this year. After the first two rounds I was hoping I'd get to ignore the draft a bit for once.

Gimme Noah Anderson please. Might actually be in a spot to get him the way we are going.

looks like there’s some really solid forward talent at the top end of this draft thank god!

http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/...ants-academy-prospect-holds-chargers-oakleigh

On the Noah Anderson train. Perfect for us. Also like Cameron Taheny and Dylan Williams, if we can muster up another first rounder.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I jumped on Taheny early when I thought he'd be around our range. Still like him but I feel like we'd be reaching if we continue the way we are. Still, a lot to play out.

looks like there’s some really solid forward talent at the top end of this draft thank god!

http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/...ants-academy-prospect-holds-chargers-oakleigh
Forward/mids. We love them. Could really use a good one.

I'd question our list management if we aren't trading away our high end picks over the next 2 years. We need established & experienced talent to compliment the youth, we can't keep bringing in players & taking 5 years to develop them whilst just hoping we can retain the younger ones we have now.

I'd question our list management if we aren't trading away our high end picks over the next 2 years. We need established & experienced talent to compliment the youth, we can't keep bringing in players & taking 5 years to develop them whilst just hoping we can retain the younger ones we have now.
I expect we trade out 2020 first round pick away - we get free hits on Jamarra Ugle-Hagen (NGA, looks good) and hopefully McPherson too if he nominates us as a FS.

If we get a top 4 pick we use it I reckon. Best available. I can’t see anyone we trade for being worth giving up a top 4 pick. That caliber of player is unlikely to want to be coming to us.

If we get a top 4 pick we use it I reckon. Best available. I can’t see anyone we trade for being worth giving up a top 4 pick. That caliber of player is unlikely to want to be coming to us.

Maybe not directly, but trading down to 2 later first rounders or a package deal could be done

Reading the profiles of some of the players available in this year's draft pool makes me feel inclined to trade in another high draft pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe not directly, but trading down to 2 later first rounders or a package deal could be done
Nah, we need top end talent. Quality not quantity. Got plenty of role players along with some talent. Need to go hard for those top tier players. Still think we could do with another two elite players which are only found in the first bit of draft.

Nah, we need top end talent. Quality not quantity. Got plenty of role players along with some talent. Need to go hard for those top tier players. Still think we could do with another two elite players which are only found in the first bit of draft.
Or pick 105 ;)

Ok 6 weeks in not looking great.

2020 is the year we get 2 free hits in the draft hagan will end up 200cm key forward and a few father suns.

So this year looks like we will have picks 4,23,41,44----

Looks like Adelaide will get pick 1 or 2.

Sooo do we trade our first next year Williams and say 41 for Adelaide pick 2???

Trade
Dale
Williams
Jong

Retire
Morris
Picken
Suckling

Delist
Roberts
Porter
R.Smith

To pick up 2 top 5 picks in a draft with our youth would be amazing

YOUNG GUNS SERIES BEGINS

The 2019 AFL Victoria Young Guns Series begins this weekend, with game 1 taking place at Wilson Storage Trevor Barker Beach Oval on Sunday.

The Young Guns Series gives players aged 22 and under the chance to further develop their game and showcase their skills in front of AFL recruiters, with a host of NAB League Boys and Hard Yakka / Totally Workwear VFL players named in the squads for the first match.

* See the initial squad lists (still subject to change) for game 1 of the Young Guns Series below.

Several players now on AFL lists participated in last year’s Young Guns Series, including: Brayden Ham (ex-Geelong Falcons/now Essendon), Lachlan Young (Dandenong Stingrays/Western Bulldogs), Laitham Vandermeer (Murray Bushrangers/Western Bulldogs), Thomas Jok (Collingwood VFL/Essendon), Jordon Butts (Murray Bushrangers/Adelaide), Hayden McLean (Sandringham/Sydney) and Ned Reeves (Box Hill Hawks/Hawthorn).
The Young Guns program will be overseen for a second year by VFL coaching games record-holder Gerard FitzGerald, whose 21 years of state-league football experience includes time at the helm of North Ballarat, Casey and Port Melbourne in the VFL as well as at the GWV Rebels in the Victorian U18 Boys competition.
In addition to the players, FitzGerald will aim to develop promising coaches through the Young Guns program, with two of last year’s Young Guns coaches now leading their own NAB League Boys teams – Josh Bourke (Sandringham Dragons) and Luke Daffy (Geelong Falcons). This year’s Young Guns head coaches are Trent McMicking (City Team) and Tom Curran (Country Team).
Game 1 of the Young Guns Series will start at 9.30am on Sunday as a curtain-raiser to the NAB League Boys match between the Geelong Falcons and Sydney Swans Academy at 12pm.

CITY TEAM (BLACK GUERNSEYS)

NO. FIRST NAME SURNAME DOB HT WT NAB LEAGUE/VFL CLUB
1 Cody Hirst 19-Jan-00 178 67 Eastern Ranges
2 Connor Thar 12-Oct-00 178 68 Werribee
3 Lachlan McLean 19-Apr-99 186 78 North Melbourne VFL
4 Joseph Ayton-Delaney 25-Mar-00 180 74 Oakleigh Chargers
5 Jackson Edwards 11-Oct-99 179 73 Werribee
6 Josh Kemp 13-Apr-00 183 73 Calder Cannons
8 Angus Hanrahan 09-Aug-00 183 74 Sandringham Dragons
9 Sam Graham 24-Jun-00 185 76 Calder Cannons
11 Riley Verbi 17-Jun-98 182 73 North Melbourne VFL
12 Daly Andrews 22-Feb-00 183 81 Western Jets
13 Oliver Simpson 21-Oct-00 186 TBC Northern Knights
14 Muhammed Saad 24-Sep-98 186 89 Coburg
15 Ayce Taylor 26-Sep-00 190 TBC Northern Knights
18 Sunny Brazier 14-Mar-00 190 TBC Northern Knights
19 Owen King 15-Jun-00 188 83 Western Jets
21 James Blanck 20-Nov-00 195 85 Eastern Ranges
22 Aaron Clarke 02-May-00 194 86 Western Jets
23 Stefan Radovanovic 07-Jul-00 190 87 Williamstown
25 Joel Nathan 12-Oct-00 192 80 Eastern Ranges
26 Darcy Bennett 13-Aug-97 203 98 Werribee
27 Will Kennedy 18-Jun-00 198 88 Western Jets
29 Kallan Dawson 22-Jul-98 194 76 Williamstown
30 Riley Smith 31-Jul-00 199 101 Eastern Ranges

COUNTRY TEAM (GREEN GUERNSEYS)

NO. FIRST NAME SURNAME DOB HT WT NAB LEAGUE/VFL CLUB
2 Callan Wellings 20-Feb-98 182 77 Collingwood VFL
3 Campbell Hustwaite 28-Sep-00 184 78 Collingwood VFL
4 Jai Nanscawen 31-Mar-00 184 78 Dandenong Stingrays
5 Noah Wheeler 05-Aug-00 178 79 Northern Blues
6 Aiden Domic 16-Jul-99 185 84 Werribee
7 Zane Barzen 29-Oct-00 191 78 Murray Bushrangers
8 James Cleaver 05-Sep-00 186 80 GWV Rebels
9 Charlie Wilson 25-Mar-00 180 82 Geelong VFL
10 Matty Lloyd 02-Nov-00 187 82 GWV Rebels
11 Kyle Dunkley 20-Jun-00 185 84 Gippsland Power
13 Harry Stubbings 13-Nov-00 185 79 Geelong Falcons
14 Jed Hill 06-Jul-00 179 70 GWV Rebels
15 Riley Clarke 18-Jan-00 185 78 Bendigo Pioneers
17 Jacob Atley 04-Jul-00 191 78 Bendigo Pioneers
18 Mitch Riordan 25-Jan-00 187 83 Dandenong Stingrays
21 Charlie Sprague 08-May-00 188 83 Geelong Falcons
22 Sam Christensen 04-Feb-00 192 80 Geelong Falcons
24 Sam Glover 06-Dec-96 192 85 Collingwood VFL
25 Liam Fiore 06-Mar-00 195 86 Murray Bushrangers
27 Riley Bowman 25-Feb-00 198 89 Sandringham Dragons
28 Ben Kelly 17-Feb-00 200 96 Murray Bushrangers
29 Kyle Reid 12-Aug-00 193 90 Geelong VFL
30 Bailey Schmidt 07-Mar-00 201 100 Dandenong Stingrays

After the Picken retirement I've decided to do a list of 20 yo's and under players in the NAB League and at Footscray that are well worth a look.

Riley Bowman (198cm, 89kg) - Key Forward with excellent skills at ground level and by foot. Can backup ruck.

James Blanck (195cm, 85kg) - Key Defender with ability to read the play and intercept. Bit raw atm.

Cody Hirst (178cm, 67kg) - mid/forward with pace and elite agilty (beat Hills record) was cut down with injuries most of last year. A player that constantly lays pressure and could make it as a small forward.

Charlie Sprague (188cm, 83kg) - forward in a similar mould to Billy Gowers

Kyle Dunkley (185cm, 84kg) - inside mid and brother to Josh. VD mentioned him a bit in the VFL thread.

Jed Hill (179cm, 70kg) - high impact forward that has moments of brilliance in games and can move up the ground. Bit raw atm.

James Cleaver (186cm, 80kg) - highly athletic Utility with lots of pace and a very good leap.

Liam Fiore (195cm, 86kg) - another Key Defender that was very good late last year after a slow start with injuries.

Zane Barzen (191cm, 78kg) - 3rd tall forward that was highly rated at the start of last year. Work in gym required.

Joe Ayton-Delaney (180cm, 74kg) - half back/ midfielder that has started this year very well. Bit stiff to miss out being rookied in my opinion.

Angus Hanrahan (183cm, 74kg) - outside mid/forward with elite skills by foot. If we continue the trend of last draft by getting excellent ball users he'd be high on the list.

Austin Hodge (190cm, 83kg) - tough forward who can pinch hit in the center that possesses a cannon of a kick. Playing at Footscray.

Cody Henness (193cm, 83kg) - Key Back with very good ability 1v1. Played TAC a few years back so my memory is a bit hazy.

Great looking list
For me I wouldn't recruit anyone under 182
Taller the better

Snapped this a few seconds ago at Hobart Airport. He looks like a doggies recruiter analysing footage of a Tassie game. I've been walking past him every so often and his screen has set stoppage plats vision with player names and what is happening.
I purposely cut his head out of the photo.

Attachments

• 20190504_145609.jpg
    20190504_145609.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 271
Snapped this a few seconds ago at Hobart Airport. He looks like a doggies recruiter analysing footage of a Tassie game. I've been walking past him every so often and his screen has set stoppage plats vision with player names and what is happening.
I purposely cut his head out of the photo.
Looks like a team is wearing the Tas state league colours. Does a TSL team wear similar?

This years target team for a trade up into the first round is undoubtedly GWS. They have their own and Essendon’s first rounder, and it’s looking very likely Tom Green will get a bid before both of them at this stage. Using our 2nd and three 3rds could get either of them, as it will probably net them more points, depending on where everyone involved finishes. Also possible trade outs like Williams could give us more currency. I really hope we’re the team to pull off one of these trades for once.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back