List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Prospects

0utsider

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He seems more mid sized to me, a Dale Morris type with footskills.

I actually think our defence would be ok if our mids put more pressure on the ball carrier. If we take our chances in front of goal we go into a few games with a half time buffer (e.g. vs North, West Coast) instead of behind. We need to find someone who can take those chances because the current rule changes make an effective forwardline more important than in recent seasons.

There's got to be more going on with our goal-kicking than just the personnel, the solution isn't just to bring in new forwards who are better shots (although it will help). We need to be asking questions of the coaching staff and set-up.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Anthony scott from our vfl side is a goer.
We were very interested in him last year, and I believe that's why he's now on our VFL list. Likely to be this year's Hayes if all goes well for him, but I doubt he's what we really need, unless I'm missing something

There's got to be more going on with our goal-kicking than just the personnel, the solution isn't just to bring in new forwards who are better shots (although it will help). We need to be asking questions of the coaching staff and set-up.
Well the midfielders pinch-hitting forward probably won't develop the same level of forward-smarts as a full time forward (see Lloyd's impact for a guy who isn't really quick and can often fumble) so that could be an issue - fatigue plus getting the ball in areas that the shots on goal are lower %.

In terms of Father-Sons this year, the only player looking to be draft is Josh Kellett.

He has locked in that half back role for Western Jets.

Currently avg 15.3 disposals per game, 4.3 marks, 1.3 tackles 6.7 RE50

Whoyagot

All Australian
Sep 18, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just had a look at knightmsres draft pool analysis and it looks like Brodie Kemp can pretty much do anything with his only weakness being his ability to get consistently high numbers.

Anyone with a bit more of an understanding of the new draftees know if he has the capacity to play forward.

Seems a lot like bont but with a bit more pace which seems to be bonts big weakness up forward.

Randomthoughts

All Australian
May 1, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
In terms of Father-Sons this year, the only player looking to be draft is Josh Kellett.

He has locked in that half back role for Western Jets.

Currently avg 15.3 disposals per game, 4.3 marks, 1.3 tackles 6.7 RE50
Hope we take him. Used to enjoy watching his old man play for us screaming down the wings with his tongue flicking about like windscreen wipers on the 3 position .

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Out of anyone on bigfooty, id have the least amount of mail haha. Just a guess.
:'(
I'd hope we don't trade entirely out of the top end, but do hope we spend some of our pick currency on bringing in experienced players instead of more youth

:'(
I'd hope we don't trade entirely out of the top end, but do hope we spend some of our pick currency on bringing in experienced players instead of more youth
We are set to be aggressive this year - I'd be happy to keep this year's first rounder and trade out next year's first and pretty much everything else this year.

COUNTRY (GREEN) 3.2 7.5 8.9 11.12 (78)

CITY (BLACK) 2.0 7.2 9.3 9.8 (62)

GOALS

Country (Green): R. D’Arcy (Frankston) 3, L. Mackie (Box Hill Hawks), B. Henderson (Richmond VFL), P. Solomon (Murray Bushrangers), R. Clarke (Bendigo Pioneers), A. Domic (Werribee), S. Conway (Williamstown), B. Motton (Box Hill Hawks), Z. Barzen (Murray Bushrangers)

City (Black): T. Mundy (Williamstown) 3, J. Kemp (Calder Cannons) 2, J. Scanlon (Coburg), N. Baltas (Richmond VFL), N. Kempe (Collingwood VFL), J. Cusack (Richmond VFL)

DISPOSALS

Country (Green): L. Fiore (Murray Bushrangers) 24, B. Henderson 23, A. Cincotta (Geelong VFL) 22, A. Domic 21, H. Stubbings (Geelong Falcons) 20, L. Mackie 18, B. Motton 17, C. Jones (Geelong VFL) 16, B. Kelly (Murray Bushrangers) 16, A. Garner (Geelong VFL) 14

City (Black): A. Hanrahan (Sandringham Dragons) 25, R. Verbi (North Melbourne VFL) 24, B. Lambert (Richmond VFL) 18, D. Bennett (Werribee) 16, M. Day (Essendon VFL) 15, L. Farrugia (Footscray) 14, J. Ayton-Delaney (Oakleigh Chargers) 13, N. Baltas 13, J. Scanlon 13, M. Marotta (Collingwood VFL) 12

BEST

Country (Green): A. Domic, B. Henderson, L. Mackie, B. Schmidt (Dandenong Stingrays), A. Garner, K. Reid (Geelong VFL)

City (Black): A. Hanrahan, M. Marotta, M. Day, T. Mundy, J. Ayton-Delaney, W. Berry (Essendon VFL)

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Cam Taheny kicked 5 goals playing league for Norwood last weekend. This kid has kicked 11 goals from 3 league appearances - if that's not an instant-impact player, I don't know what is.

Between him, Williams and Flanders, we really have no excuse for not picking up an elite forward this year

Just had a look at knightmsres draft pool analysis and it looks like Brodie Kemp can pretty much do anything with his only weakness being his ability to get consistently high numbers.

Anyone with a bit more of an understanding of the new draftees know if he has the capacity to play forward.

Seems a lot like bont but with a bit more pace which seems to be bonts big weakness up forward.
I asked KM about Kemp's forward ability on his thread - seems to be a yes.

I like the idea of a genuine 192cm forward/mid as he seems the type that would work in our system.

flipper83

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'd be reluctant to trade this years first. The only times we have had top 10 picks in the last 10 years we've picked up Macrae, Stringer, Bont, Naughton and Smith and a lot of the high profile trades haven't really met expectations. Wingard last year is a perfect example. He seemed to be exactly the type of player we needed to help balance the list but I don't think many would be advocating we trade Smith for Wingard now.

I think we should be targeting the free agents with the extra cap space. Coniglio would be the big fish but we should also throw some money at Astbury, Tomlinson, Elliot and Day as they would all fill a list need.

I'd also consider putting a reasonable offer in front of Kruezer or Goldstien for a couple of years and if we wanted to be bold we could offer NicNat a hefty contract that Westcoast might be reluctant to match with his recent injury history.

I'd have a look at trading our 3rd rounders to GWS. They have Essendons and their own first rounders and an academy kid who likely gets a bid before either pick. Then no picks till 50 plus. Our 3 thirds should hold significantly more value than GWS's first and our second and a couple of thirds would be more points than Essendons first.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I asked KM about Kemp's forward ability on his thread - seems to be a yes.

I like the idea of a genuine 192cm forward/mid as he seems the type that would work in our system.
What's better than having Bontempelli in your side? Having two of them ;)

Back