List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Prospects

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'd be reluctant to trade this years first. The only times we have had top 10 picks in the last 10 years we've picked up Macrae, Stringer, Bont, Naughton and Smith and a lot of the high profile trades haven't really met expectations. Wingard last year is a perfect example. He seemed to be exactly the type of player we needed to help balance the list but I don't think many would be advocating we trade Smith for Wingard now.

I think we should be targeting the free agents with the extra cap space. Coniglio would be the big fish but we should also throw some money at Astbury, Tomlinson, Elliot and Day as they would all fill a list need.

I'd also consider putting a reasonable offer in front of Kruezer or Goldstien for a couple of years and if we wanted to be bold we could offer NicNat a hefty contract that Westcoast might be reluctant to match with his recent injury history.

I'd have a look at trading our 3rd rounders to GWS. They have Essendons and their own first rounders and an academy kid who likely gets a bid before either pick. Then no picks till 50 plus. Our 3 thirds should hold significantly more value than GWS's first and our second and a couple of thirds would be more points than Essendons first.
I agree. If anything, I wouldn't mind trying to secure another first this year, because there's a lot of talent in the first round this year. Grabbing an extra pick in the teens could meaning getting both Kemp and Taheny. Only way I'd trade our first is if we came across an opportunity we simply couldn't pass on (Cameron for example).

I agree. If anything, I wouldn't mind trying to secure another first this year, because there's a lot of talent in the first round this year. Grabbing an extra pick in the teens could meaning getting both Kemp and Taheny. Only way I'd trade our first is if we came across an opportunity we simply couldn't pass on (Cameron for example).
More importantly, the talent seems to be the type we need (plenty of first round prospects who running types with goal sense).

bulldogs54

Senior List
Sep 11, 2003
Out West
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Caleb Serong worth looking at.
Has a bit of a Shaun Higgins/Toby Greene type style to the look of him.
2 early goals v Allies.

The Inbetweener

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2011
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Reckon we are more likely to trade out next years and go heavy for second round picks/late firsts next year to make up the points for JUH and Ewan. Pretty much would get two first round picks next year for nothing.
Is Ewan really considered a 1st round chance next year? Fantastic if so.

Whoyagot

All Australian
Sep 18, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Best news is that he is 174cm. Fits the small forward mould perfectly.

Still a bit to grow you’d think but yeah seems very small. From what I’ve heard he’s played mostly mid and half back this year so doesn’t seem like a ready made small forward but we’ll see how his draft year goes! I’d love if he could lock down a solid wing role to assist hunter. Exciting times ahead!

Sep 2, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Best news is that he is 174cm. Fits the small forward mould perfectly.
178cm* could have a bit more growth. Been mostly a defender though.

Joshua D'intinosante who won Northerns B&F last year is who I'd be interested at having a nibble at around the third round for us this year in that small forward mould.

Sep 2, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I know we have biggest issues than our backline however Will Gould looks like a ready made Morris replacement with more attacking flair. Has versatility also, having played a little up forward and through midfield as well.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Trying to work out how to get him and Luke Jackson, no 198cm guy has the right to move like he does. He is a freak.

Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies
Hayden Young's kicking action looks horrible, reminds me of Naughton's. Maybe it's just an off day.

Hopefully Ned Cahill can be a late option for us. Like his workrate.

Luder

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I honestly have this thought just about every year, but it really feels like this years' draft bats deeper than last year. I've been looking through the names, and I think I'm honestly more excited about the potentially picks 10-20 than any other year previously.

Sam Flanders is looking like this year's Stringer without the shitty character. Could not go wrong with him if we decide to keep our early pick.

If we explored the option of trading down (like Pick 5 + Pick 23 <-> Pick 9 + Pick 15 from GWS if Green is still there) then we could potentially end up with two of the following:
  • Brodie Kemp (compared to Bontempelli, 'nuff said)
  • Dylan Williams (general forward - massive leap, great skills, an eye for the goals)
  • Cam Taheny (general forward - scoring consistently in the SANFL seniors which says a lot about his ceiling)

Luder

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Maybe we just trade next year’s first for an extra first round pick this year?
If we can't do anything else in terms of player trades, I'd be keen on approaching GWS with an offer like Pick 42 + 2020 1st rounder in return for Pick 9.

They will lose Pick 9 to a Green bid anyway, and this way they have more draft points while setting themselves up for next year.

Alternatively, we approach Gold Coast about their Brisbane-linked pick (currently Pick 14). Something like:

GC 2020 2nd + Pick 14 <---> WB 2020 1st + Pick 42

Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies
Some random thoughts after watching the WA vs. Vic Country game (half distracted though)

- Kemp is good when he's on, like Bont he had a patch where he looked unbeatable. Also like Bont he had a few bad misses. Might be a better mid option than a forward.

- Surprised Wareham's name isn't brought up more. Really outside player and doesn't defend as well as Young and Ash but his run and disposal was right up there. Reminds me of Vandermeer for those who have seen Footscray this year.

- Cahill's become my personal favourite small forward option. His gut running impressed me the most but some very nice smothers and tackles as well. Isn't as classy as some others but looked like he was also pushing himself as hard as he could and had a real intensity to his game.

- If I had to compare Josh Smith to a player it would be Kierin Collins. That tells you all you need to know.

-No Naughton's but a few solid KPDs. If any of Brock Smith, Pasini, Grainger-Barras or Murphy slide to our third round I'd be very happy. Pasini my personal pick of the bunch and worth the second rounder if he's there. Not as confident in De Koning but there's potential.

I know we have biggest issues than our backline however Will Gould looks like a ready made Morris replacement with more attacking flair. Has versatility also, having played a little up forward and through midfield as well.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Have known Will since he was 11-12 and dominating little athletics. Can’t believe he isn’t bigger, he was huge back then but obviously didn’t grow a lot more.

From the same small SA town as Darcy Fogarty. Trade fog in and draft Will, get our taste of Lucindale (coincidentally that is where the next triple j one night stand is too, I’m just full of useful trivia)

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He’s a mid isn’t he? I know he’s played down back.
Played back versus the allies, 20 possessions, 10 marks.
Played mid versus metro 27 possessions, 5 marks.
Swung forward versus WA 2 goals, 17 possies.

193 cm 82 kg not that I am watching or anything.

Might be out of our pick range now which is a shame.

Back