List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Brodie Kemp confirmed acl.
Wonder where that places him now. Most would agree he's a top 10 talent, with some putting him top 5 (with Anderson, Rowell, Green and Young). Add the ACL into the mix and that brings him down to the teens, or potentially even into the second round depending on how bad it is. Doubt any of the lower clubs would want to touch him now, considering he won't be able to have the immediate impact that the lower clubs would be wanting

Wonder where that places him now. Most would agree he's a top 10 talent, with some putting him top 5 (with Anderson, Rowell, Green and Young). Add the ACL into the mix and that brings him down to the teens, or potentially even into the second round depending on how bad it is. Doubt any of the lower clubs would want to touch him now, considering he won't be able to have the immediate impact that the lower clubs would be wanting
I'm not sure it has too much impact. Max King still went at pick 4, and teams generally draft for 10 year careers not instant impact (especially in the first round).

If we still have a round 1 pick after trade period and Kemp dropped to us I'd be happy to take him.

I'm not sure it has too much impact. Max King still went at pick 4, and teams generally draft for 10 year careers not instant impact (especially in the first round).

If we still have a round 1 pick after trade period and Kemp dropped to us I'd be happy to take him.
I think the difference is that King was a potential Pick 1, while Kemp was rated so highly largely on his potential, without necessarily being a top 5 performer. I'm sure clubs will do their due diligence on this injury, but I'll be honest when I say I'd be disappointed now if we took him with our 1st rounder (assuming we have Pick ~8), whereas I would've been pretty happy pre-injury. Taking him could mean passing on someone like Serong or Williams who could've potentially played round 1 and filled a more pressing need. We have enough long term players being developed in the VFL, I want to see guys brought in who can have immediate impact if we're going to keep our first round pick.

That is, unless our 2nd rounder manages to get us someone like McAsey or Taylor (both unlikely, but who knows), in which case I'd be fine with spending our 1st on Kemp

Was Kemp tipped to go Top 5 ? Would think he’d be around our pick regardless.
Consensus top 2 is clearly Rowell and Anderson. I think most people have Green and Young filling two of the remaining top 5 spots, then it's a complete toss up between Kemp, Serong and Ash, plus potentially guys like Flanders and Williams being rated thereabouts. Kemp was a potential top 5, but more likely in the 6-8 bracket I think

Consensus top 2 is clearly Rowell and Anderson. I think most people have Green and Young filling two of the remaining top 5 spots, then it's a complete toss up between Kemp, Serong and Ash, plus potentially guys like Flanders and Williams being rated thereabouts. Kemp was a potential top 5, but more likely in the 6-8 bracket I think

There’s a few mid sized fwd/mids with X factor in that lot. Can see us coming out with something decent.
Quiet a few also have fairly developed abilty so they could have an immediate impact like Rozee, Higgins etc.
Would really add to the potential draft hall we’re all expecting

There’s a few mid sized fwd/mids with X factor in that lot. Can see us coming out with something decent.
Quiet a few also have fairly developed abilty so they could have an immediate impact like Rozee, Higgins etc.
Would really add to the potential draft hall we’re all expecting
We really will be spoiled for choice this year when it comes to adding some decent forwards. Flanders, Williams, Taheny, Taylor, Henry (bid will be matched, but still possible) and Serong could all be there at our pick, assuming we end up with around Pick 8. Serong more likely to go earlier, while Taylor and Henry would probably be reaching a bit, but we should have a ton of options. Could even end up with something like Flanders + Taylor with our first two picks, which would be an outstanding result. Flanders is being compared to Petracca, while I see a bit of Stringer in him, so if we took him with our first, I'd be extremely happy

We really will be spoiled for choice this year when it comes to adding some decent forwards. Flanders, Williams, Taheny, Taylor, Henry (bid will be matched, but still possible) and Serong could all be there at our pick, assuming we end up with around Pick 8. Serong more likely to go earlier, while Taylor and Henry would probably be reaching a bit, but we should have a ton of options. Could even end up with something like Flanders + Taylor with our first two picks, which would be an outstanding result. Flanders is being compared to Petracca, while I see a bit of Stringer in him, so if we took him with our first, I'd be extremely happy

I’ve only seen limited footage of a few that you mentioned. Ive liked what I’ve seen from Taheny, Flanders and Taylor, in your opinion who’s the best of the lot ?

I’ve only seen limited footage of a few that you mentioned. Ive liked what I’ve seen from Taheny, Flanders and Taylor, in your opinion who’s the best of the lot ?
Of all of those, Serong seems to be the clear frontrunner, but is likely to be gone before our pick. In terms of those more likely to be there at our pick, it's difficult to separate Flanders and Williams. Two very different players, but to try summarise:

Both players are great overhead, and have the ability to push through to the midfield and win the contested ball. Both with great scoreboard impact.

Flanders
More contested game, great contested mark, extremely explosive in packs. I've seen a range of comparisons, including Christian Petracca and Cam Rayner, but I like to compare him to Jake Stringer

Williams
Crafty outside player, great skills, decent contested player, serious X-factor up forward. Reads the ball well in the air while being good at ground level too. Arguably the better choice for the Dogs.

I've seen some really weird comparisons for Williams, including Josh Kennedy from West Coast (I really disagree, especially since he's only 185cm) and Steve Johnson. Not really sure who I'd compare him to tbh, but many see him as a potential short KPF (like Membrey) while others see him as a medium forward/midfielder in the mould of Robbie Gray. As you can see, it's basically just a complete guessing game in terms of comparing Williams to a particular player. If I had the choice, I'd go with Williams, potentially even if Serong was still available.

Taylor and Taheny are two guys who might be available at our 2nd pick (~26) depending on what happens for the remainder of the year. If we took Williams, I wouldn't go for Taheny or Taylor, but if we choose someone else and don't have that general or small forward with scoreboard impact, I'd be going for one of these two, unless someone like McAsey somehow slides

Fischer McAsey, the best KPD in the draft and AA in the U18 championships, played up forward last week. Ended up with 19 disposals, 10 marks (3 contested), 3 goals and 2 score assists.

An elite key defender with capability up forward - I'm sure we drafted one of those quite recently...

I still don't think we keep pick 8 (trade it down or out completely) but there do seem to be a few KPPs with potential outside of the first round. I like Wizard's Ben Kelly selection with a later pick especially if we sign someone like Hartley as a FA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fischer McAsey, the best KPD in the draft and AA in the U18 championships, played up forward last week. Ended up with 19 disposals, 10 marks (3 contested), 3 goals and 2 score assists.

An elite key defender with capability up forward - I'm sure we drafted one of those quite recently...

Bulldogs fan too

As of right now, this is how McAsey is ranked by various sources:

eDPS = Pick 9
Davo-27 = Pick 13
PMBangers = Pick 9
Knightmare = Pick 10
BF Trial Run = Pick 30

Obviously the trial run produced some extremely weird results (Maginness at pick 8, while Dylan Williams ended up at pick 27) so I'd remove that one.

On average, it seems like he's a consensus top 10 pick right now, basically sitting at Pick 10. We're on track to likely receive Pick 8 in the draft. He's being rated roughly where Naughton was in his draft year, and we'll have a pick in nearly the same spot, so I won't be surprised if we do pull the trigger on McAsey at this pick (assuming we're still in the first round).

We could then use our 2nd on someone like Weightman, Taylor, Pickett as smalls, or Taheny if he slides

If you want quality need to take them early, even if notionally there is others that might be slightly rated higher as best available.
I would still take the punt as it is a big area of need for us

The Bulldogs have been strongly linked to giant Ethiopian sensation Khaloub Denial, Big KD who stands
at an impressive 222 cm and weighs 105 kg has impressed scouts with his control of the Sherrin. Asked
for comment Bulldogs president Peter Gordon said "We have been into Denial since the end of the 2016
season."

The Bulldogs have been strongly linked to giant Ethiopian sensation Khaloub Denial, Big KD who stands
at an impressive 222 cm and weighs 105 kg has impressed scouts with his control of the Sherrin. Asked
for comment Bulldogs president Peter Gordon said "We have been into Denial since the end of the 2016
season."
222 cm? I'm in denial.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back