List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

doggie dog

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
8 would end up 9 after GWS takes Green, who I'm sure would go before McAsey. I think he'd be an awesome pick at 9.
Yep totally agree a 195+ cm Key defender/forward and is reportable as a doggies fan, must get.
Would be keen as for Elijah Taylor with the 2nd pick.
can do the x factor moments but not consistently across the board. Made the U/18's AA team in the fwd line.
"TIM KELLY is his mum's second cousin. The Kickett brothers – Dale and Derek – are on his dad's side of the family, while Nicky Winmar and Paddy Ryder are also in his bloodlines" per the AFL website.

Munnez

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Would definitely be happy with a McAsey pick up in the first round. Would take Kemp if he was still there to add some breakaway speed to our midfield, but likely he will already be gone

King Harold

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Cleveland Indians
Josh is a solid VFL player but I think he lacks the skills and, particularly the pace for AFL. Happy to keep him on as a Footscray player.

No where near AFL quality. Would be a wasted spot , Just as the spot Hayes has taken up.
People on here were seduced by Hayes as well pre draft. Silly selection !

doggie dog

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Would definitely be happy with a McAsey pick up in the first round. Would take Kemp if he was still there to add some breakaway speed to our midfield, but likely he will already be gone
There is a real chance Kemp could be there and he was my original first choice, but its unknown how he come back after a ACL.
How will this affect his breakaway speed?
The highlights I have seen on McAsey are similar to Naughton/ McGovern in his marking ability and intercepts at the same age. (That's not to say he will be that good, he needs a bit of muscle like most kids), plus he's also a doggies supporter so he'll be even more invested in the club for loyalty and effort. No potential go home factor...better retension.

There is a real chance Kemp could be there and he was my original first choice, but its unknown how he come back after a ACL.
The highlights I have seen on McAsey are similar to Naughton/ McGovern in his marking ability and intercepts at the same age. (That's not to say he will be that good, he needs a bit of muscle like most kids), plus he's also a doggies supporter so he'll be even more invested in the club for loyalty and effort. No potential go home factor...better retension.
Could see Kemp slipping past top 6 depending on trade period.

Hes so talent that an ACL won't scare clubs imo

doggie dog

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Would McAsey still be there with our pick?

And if we do for Martin, how do we land him? Our 2020 pick?
Martin for our 2nd, sign me up.
Martin for our 1st, that's too much, we need KPP more than Martin. McAsey is that good, and can be really good with experience.
2nd may work as he has just been dropped. Which also scares me off...how bad do you have to be to be dropped by GC, Damn!!

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liv FC, LA Rams, Pitt Pen, Michigan
McAsey is my preferred pick for our first pick. But given the lack of talls in this draft, and the fact many teams need some, I doubt he will slide to us unless we slide up. De Koning, is another option in the second round, but once again likely rising than sliding, still a little raw. Day is shorter, only 187cm, but is creative off half back, can kick start rebounding chains and capable of a shut down role.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
McAsey is my preferred pick for our first pick. But given the lack of talls in this draft, and the fact many teams need some, I doubt he will slide to us unless we slide up. De Koning, is another option in the second round, but once again likely rising than sliding, still a little raw. Day is shorter, only 187cm, but is creative off half back, can kick start rebounding chains and capable of a shut down role.
Is Day different enough to someone like Lachie Young? Just feel like I'd be hesitant to grab any mids or back flankers too early considering we have too many as it is

doggie dog

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What's your view on Josh Worrell also with the Dragons?
Cal Twomey has him at 11... 195cm/74kg Key defender/forward.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The WA ruck could be a shout to play KPD at Afl. Not sure he’s tall enough for an afl ruck.

Munnez

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Honestly would be happy with either believe Kemp is a Bendigo boy so go home is a non factor with Kemp. Also could have a very good spine long term with McAsey AS KPD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Is Day different enough to someone like Lachie Young? Just feel like I'd be hesitant to grab any mids or back flankers too early considering we have too many as it is
Given Cordy, Wood and Williams have a terrible win rate in one on one contests, we will need a medium type that is solid at that, plus decent at the other aspects of a modern day defender. Feel we could do with a genuine medium to compliment the talls

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
What's your view on Josh Worrell also with the Dragons?
Cal Twomey has him at 11... 195cm/74kg Key defender/forward.
Both he and McAsey have both played forward and defence, both showing capabilities at both ends which Bevo will love. Worrell is more experienced as a defender, but I prefer McAsey as he is 12kg heavier and strong in contests and packs, which is what we lack. McAsey will be more ready made for AFL. Hence I said prefer him as our first pick. Mentioned the other two as they could be around in the 20's, Worrell wont slide that far back. Would like to see us go a 1-2 punch with defenders if we have both our first two round picks available. Worrell will likely take a couple or so years longer before he can compete with the big forwards

Southern 8

Club Legend
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What pick are we looking at if we finish 7 or 8? Does that make McAsey very unlikely now?
Haven’t followed this thread as much this year but looking forward to it getting going.
* Hopefully finish a bit higher than or 8 after finals play out.

What pick are we looking at if we finish 7 or 8? Does that make McAsey very unlikely now?
Haven’t followed this thread as much this year but looking forward to it getting going.
* Hopefully finish a bit higher than or 8 after finals play out.
McAsey must be the only Bulldogs supporter who is hoping we miss out on the finals.

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
If we make finals, I reckon we miss out on McAsey. Which sucks because I feel he is perfectly what we need, tall defender who is already built. Will likely have to suss off him which clubs are hot on him, and trading up ahead of them pre draft or on draft day

If we make finals, I reckon we miss out on McAsey. Which sucks because I feel he is perfectly what we need, tall defender who is already built. Will likely have to suss off him which clubs are hot on him, and trading up ahead of them pre draft or on draft day
TBH I think we miss anyway. Sammy Power has been vocal about us needing to spend our cap and bring experienced players into the side.
There are some decent tall options who might slide late if we want to go down that path. I suspect we trade two players in at least, a KPD and an outside runner.

paulveed

Club Legend
Jan 3, 2010
traf e
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
liverpool
Josh is a solid VFL player but I think he lacks the skills and, particularly the pace for AFL. Happy to keep him on as a Footscray player.
Josh has shown significant performance improvement since being given the captaincy responsibility during Pruden's injury. Scott is another who could come under rooky consideration.

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
TBH I think we miss anyway. Sammy Power has been vocal about us needing to spend our cap and bring experienced players into the side.
There are some decent tall options who might slide late if we want to go down that path. I suspect we trade two players in at least, a KPD and an outside runner.
You are possibly right. That's why I was hoping we would use next years first, this years second, package the thirds, fringe players for trades. Say we got Keath, he is 28 before the first bounce? At least with McAsey we could get an extra 8 years out of. Hence was hoping we could some how land him, along with a couple of trade in's. We need ready made players now, but we must make sure we do not ignore the team long term either. That's what usually bites teams on the ass once their 4-5 year window passes, and they drop hard because they had not enough long term quality to take over the short term gap fills/role players.

Right now Young is the only defensive tall we have that is young (not counting Naughton)
We also lack a Morris type shut down/man on man Medium

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back