List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s his story? From memory he’s a rebounding half back right?
Not even sure what's happening there tbh. He's a very small rebounding half back, but from what I've read he's been rock solid for a good part of this year. It could be his size holding him back, but I'd like him as a long term Duryea-type if anything. If anything, would prefer him in a rookie spot over Roarke. Not sure why he isn't rated higher

Corey Rich signs with Williamstown

Don't see him drafted this year after falling behind in the VFL
Reckon Williamstown development program will help him for the Mid-Season Draft

If we sign Dickson before the draft I don't see us matching a bid for Kellet. 13 for best available, 53 for needs and there's plenty of small forwards available there. Last pick I think we'll pass and upgrade a rookie, probably Young. That would leave us with 2 rookie spots if we keep Roarke. So do we rookie Anthony Scott and Kellet?

If nobody bids on Kellett could we rookie him for free like we did with Khamis?

No, NGA can be category B rookies but not father-sons. Yes

Last edited:
If we sign Dickson before the draft I don't see us matching a bid for Kellet. 13 for best available, 53 for needs and there's plenty of small forwards available there. Last pick I think we'll pass and upgrade a rookie, probably Young. That would leave us with 2 rookie spots if we keep Roarke. So do we rookie Anthony Scott and Kellet?

No, NGA can be category B rookies but not father-sons.
We have no incentive to upgrade Young when he's already contracted for next year anyway. Kellett, if bid on at all, would probably be matched for free, so I see no loss in using our final pick for Kellett if the club rates him enough. Rookie list spots can be reserved for guys like Scott, Kellett if he doesn't get bid on, or some random speculative small forward

No, NGA can be category B rookies but not father-sons.
Pretty sure father sons still fall under auto rookie if nominated

Pretty sure father sons still fall under auto rookie if nominated

Huh, seems you're right. "Father-Son players not nominated for the bidding system can be pre-selected prior to the Rookie Draft by that Club if they have nominated for but not been selected at the National or Pre-Season Draft." Apologies.

Pick 1: Gold Coast- Matt Rowell
Pick 2: Gold Coast- Noah Anderson
Pick 3: Melbourne- Caleb Serong
Pick 4: Adelaide- Dylan Stephens
Pick 5: Sydney- Tom Green (Unmatched Bid) :eek:
Pick 6: GWS- Luke Jackson
Pick 7: Fremantle- Deven Robertson
Pick 8: Melbourne- Hayden Young
Pick 9: Carlton- Sam Flanders
Pick 10: Fremantle- Brodie Kemp

I have done an exhaustive revue of all eighteen teams and this is purely best fit, Green for instance joins a
long line of midfielders at GWS, but is the perfect replacement for Josh Kennedy at Sydney and Jackson is
perfect for a project Ruck at GWS. Adelaide and their aging midfield allows Stephens some time to mature.

Pick 11: Hawthorn- Lachlan Ash
Pick 12: Port Adelaide- Fisher McAsey
Pick 13: Bulldogs- Jeremy Sharp
Pick 14: Geelong- Trent Rivers
Pick 15: Gold Coast- Elijah Taylor
Pick 16: Brisbane- Will Gould

Better stop at Pick 16 as the bidding starts next pick and I hate the bidding as I never get the order right
after it starts. Also don't want to show the positions of my army of matures at the latter picks.

I was too young to see his old man play. But from what I've seen of Josh, he's a very good kick off both sides.

Nigel cops a bad wrap from some on here, but he could kick on his left (not that he did often). He was pacy, and well-used in that regard. Had a couple of good years, 92 in particular. Unlucky not to get more games in 97, as he was only 27 himself. Played in 6 finals too.

Pick 1: Gold Coast- Matt Rowell
Pick 2: Gold Coast- Noah Anderson
Pick 3: Melbourne- Caleb Serong
Pick 4: Adelaide- Dylan Stephens
Pick 5: Sydney- Tom Green (Unmatched Bid) :eek:
Pick 6: GWS- Luke Jackson
Pick 7: Fremantle- Deven Robertson
Pick 8: Melbourne- Hayden Young
Pick 9: Carlton- Sam Flanders
Pick 10: Fremantle- Brodie Kemp

I have done an exhaustive revue of all eighteen teams and this is purely best fit, Green for instance joins a
long line of midfielders at GWS, but is the perfect replacement for Josh Kennedy at Sydney and Jackson is
perfect for a project Ruck at GWS. Adelaide and their aging midfield allows Stephens some time to mature.

Pick 11: Hawthorn- Lachlan Ash
Pick 12: Port Adelaide- Fisher McAsey
Pick 13: Bulldogs- Jeremy Sharp
Pick 14: Geelong- Trent Rivers
Pick 15: Gold Coast- Elijah Taylor
Pick 16: Brisbane- Will Gould

Better stop at Pick 16 as the bidding starts next pick and I hate the bidding as I never get the order right
after it starts. Also don't want to show the positions of my army of matures at the latter picks.
Talking with a mate of mine who's a Port Member, he recon's they are into Will Gould, replaces Dougal, local lad already playing in the SANFL and reduces the go-home factor.
Trying not to get too excited about that as my draft dream would be to get Fisher McAsey... he's a stated doggies supporter, best available pick and fills a perfect need for our list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talking with a mate of mine who's a Port Member, he recon's they are into Will Gould, replaces Dougal, local lad already playing in the SANFL and reduces the go-home factor.
Trying not to get too excited about that as my draft dream would be to get Fisher McAsey... he's a stated doggies supporter, best available pick and fills a perfect need for our list.
If McAsey and Weightman are both gone by our pick, I hope we just sell to the highest bidder. I really don't see anyone else worthwhile around our pick unless we go for a midfielder like Stephens or Sharp, and even then I imagine we could slide back down the order a little and still get a decent outside mid.
McAsey is perfect for us imo, although last time a mad dogs fan was around our pick, he got nabbed by the Saints at 8 (Coffield) and we got stuck with Naughton...

Defender fits the Port Adelaide profile, McAsey a better size than Gould, but as you say Gould is a local boy so
he has been under their noses you could throw a blanket over that Pick 3 to Pick 16 group and nothing would
surprise too much.

Wasn't Will Gould rated a top 2 pick in this year's draft about 6-12 months ago?

How come he's slipped? Is it all the KFC? Or has the field just caught up with him (peaked early)?

Wasn't Will Gould rated a top 2 pick in this year's draft about 6-12 months ago?
I haven't seen a phantom (even 12 months ago) that didn't have the Rowell/Anderson duo at 1-2.

The slider is Dylan Williams who was rated a possible top 5 at the start of the year. Has battled injury.

How come he's slipped? Is it all the KFC? Or has the field just caught up with him (peaked early)?
He's a big lad and fitness would probably be a concern in the AFL, but I also wouldn't be adverse to him.
The highlights of him (i've only seen highlights whereas Port has seen him all year) show an ability for a long raking accurate kick, and he already can play against men, plug and play player. If he lost some weight to be fitter he can play the Med or Tall Fwds, a good B plan to replace The Glove.

But in a vacuum just on ability, I'd still take McAsey and he'd be super easy to sign a long term contract.

He tested really poorly at the combine and weighed in at 106 kilos so there are whispers that recruiters are questioning guys commitment although it smells a bit too me like a club could have committed to him and told him not to stress about the combine.

He tested really poorly at the combine and weighed in at 106 kilos so there are whispers that recruiters are questioning guys commitment although it smells a bit too me like a club could have committed to him and told him not to stress about the combine.
Intriguing.
He’ll be an interesting one to watch, both in the draft itself and in his first couple of seasons after that.

Okay, after flipping back and forth, I’ve decided Sam De Koning is the one I’m hoping we draft at #13.

If Luke Jackson isn’t available...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gee Jackson and English running around....very tempting thought, it's not as though both aren't mobile enough to play in the same side.....both are agile enough to play on a wing.....tho Jackson will be long gone by 13....Freo would be mad not to snap him up

This is going to be the hardest top 10 to predict in as long as I can remember. Can't wait to see the picks 20+ think there will be alot of suprises

Gee Jackson and English running around....very tempting thought, it's not as though both aren't mobile enough to play in the same side.....both are agile enough to play on a wing.....tho Jackson will be long gone by 13....Freo would be mad not to snap him up

If Luke Jackson is there at 13, should we take him or we have too many talls already?

If Luke Jackson is there at 13, should we take him or we have too many talls already?

Since 2013 only one premiership team have played the one genuine ruck.

Richmond 2017. All other premiership teams deployed dual ruck combos.

I think 2 athletic rucks and 2 athletic forwards would work fine. Nankervis, Soldo, Lynch and Riewoldt seem to be mobile enough.

2 rucks + 3 KPFs wouldn't work i dont believe. Maybe if Jamarra replaced Schache (and would be an upgrade in terms of athleticism) it could.

I love the dual ruck setup though so I'm all for jackson. Our ruck depth isn't good either.

Can't shake the feeling that Power wants to sell our pick for a ransom of 2020 points on draft night. With such a even 1st round there will probably be players who are ranked 3-5 on some teams draft boards who'll slip all the way to our pick. Find the teams, put em on the clock and hope they fold under the pressure and cough up way too much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back