List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

If Ash slid to us I think he'd be a clear case of best available and we'd be silly not to take him.
I don't think Ash slides past Melbourne's second pick.

Ben Sokol or Sam Lowson ? :cool: It's a mock draft.
Probably Lowson for Melbourne. Sokol is a lot like Hannan or Petracca. Lowson more of a "pure" small forward.

They should bid on Liam Henry at pick 8, best small forward by a fair distance.
Depends what they do with their first. Whether they go Serong, Ash, Young or Jackson.

What’s becoming more clear is that we will be drafting a back half player.

look I don’t mind it.

even if it’s a half back flanker.

Wood, suckling and Duryea don’t have many years left in them.
This is the reason why I've come to terms with not getting McAsey. It sucks, but Gould would be a fantastic replacement, even if he's not the same type. At the very least, Sucklings kick is replaced with a comparable one

Last edited:
No to Will Gould. The kid is fat, 106kg at only 191cm. If there's anything to learn from players like Darcy Hourigan 5 years ago, it's that recruiters don't like selecting fat players, particularly with early picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need key-position players and small forwards.

If McAsey is available, take him. Would almost certainly be best available and fills a need. If not him, then Weightman if he's there.

1. Rowell (GC)
2. Anderson (GC)
3. Young (Mel)
4. Green (GWS)
5. Ash (Ade)
6. Flanders (Syd)
7. Jackson (Fre)
8. Weightman (Mel)
9. Serong (Car)
10. Robertson (Fre)
11. McAsey (Haw)
12. Stephens (Port)
13. Kemp/Bianco/Worrell/Bergman/Rivers

Does sound a good fit for us. Awkward range considering our picks - our first too early and our second too late?
On the Essendon mock the Dogs drafter did the 13 & 53 for 26 & 27 scenario, but took the diminutive Pickett
instead of Cahill (Who remains undrafted). I would take Cahill in that scenario, but they did cling on to Pick 13
like they had something in mind so who knows.

On the Essendon mock the Dogs drafter did the 13 & 53 for 26 & 27 scenario, but took the diminutive Pickett
instead of Cahill (Who remains undrafted). I would take Cahill in that scenario, but they did cling on to Pick 13
like they had something in mind so who knows.
I got pick 60 out of it too ;). Pickett I think is better than Cahill, Pickett averaged 2 goals/game at reserves level in SA, even got a couple of senior games. Cahill wasn't even a consideration. If I'd stayed with 13 and 53 Cahill would have been taken had he lasted.

I got pick 60 out of it too ;). Pickett I think is better than Cahill, Pickett averaged 2 goals/game at reserves level in SA, even got a couple of senior games. Cahill wasn't even a consideration. If I'd stayed with 13 and 53 Cahill would have been taken had he lasted.
Pickett = Jake Neade and I love the Stingrays.

Pickett = Jake Neade and I love the Stingrays.
Or Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti (171), Brandon Matera (173), Brent Daniels (170), Paul Puopolo (173), Eddie Betts (174), Jack Lonie (174). Brent Harvey was high 160's.

Glenelg premiership defender Will Gould drops the kilos and the skinfolds after combine wake-up call

Glenelg premiership defender Will Gould – described as one of the best leaders in this year’s draft pool – has responded to questions about his fitness by shedding 6kg and slashing his skinfold levels in two weeks.
Admitting to being “a bit rusty’’ at the AFL Draft Combine, which was held just nine days after he helped the Tigers break a 33-year league premiership drought, Gould said he had been stung by some “pretty direct instructions’’ in his meeting with Sydney.

Key defender Gould weighed in at the combine at 106kg and recorded skinfold measurements of 78 after a week of celebrating Glenelg’s long-awaited flag.

When he last weighed himself two weeks ago – after he had pulled out of the Tigers’ end-of-season trip to Darwin to focus on his body and the draft – he had dropped to 100kg and his skinfold levels were down to 60.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back