List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting the feeling there's a tiny chance Kemp could fall to our pick. Just need Port or Hawthorn to go early on Worrell, Carlton or Melbourne go Weightman and Kemp is the most likely to slide. Hawthorn could even go early on someone like Bergman or Day.
Still a long shot but not impossible.

Getting the feeling there's a tiny chance Kemp could fall to our pick. Just need Port or Hawthorn to go early on Worrell, Carlton or Melbourne go Weightman and Kemp is the most likely to slide. Hawthorn could even go early on someone like Bergman or Day.
Still some trades of picks to happen I reckon. I really have no idea how it will play out.

Yeah, that makes sense if one of his parents is from there. He'd definitely be eligible. I don't know too much about him or the type of player he is, do you?

Seems like he plays well as a rebounding defender, wants to be more of a utility, and is tall for his age. 192cm at 17 from what I found.

The 17-year-old from Caroline Springs impressed in a key defensive post, but will be looking to mature into a swingman in his second season in the NAB League.

Last edited:
I’d prefer Pickett over the other options. He has every attribute a small forward needs. He’s very quick, a sharp user, has a good goal sense, he can stick a high mark, he’s tough and he applies pressure. His stats don’t pop, but with a better endurance base his tackling numbers will lift.

I’m sure Bergman is a nice player and will be good at the level but he has very little POD to what we already have. We already have three key forwards and some decent medium forwards/mids. Another forward that does his best work with a mark and kick style isn’t moving the needle for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could happen. Feels like there's a top 13, and Port then us pick from what's left. But there's always bolters and surprises, so it could happen. I reckon if anyone was to fall it's most likely to be Serong though.

Could have sworn ppl were saying late-rookie. Nonetheless, Stevens is one we don't need to allow for with points.

Was late rookie BUT is playing better than expected. He is not going to be an instant impact player, probably debut in this twenties. Needs to develop better positioning in marking contests and core strength.

I like him as a 2nd tall, CHB style player, who can rebound as well as defend. Not sure that he will develop that far, as he is more a 3rd tall at the moment.

Was late rookie BUT is playing better than expected. He is not going to be an instant impact player, probably debut in this twenties. Needs to develop better positioning in marking contests and core strength.

I like him as a 2nd tall, CHB style player, who can rebound as well as defend. Not sure that he will develop that far, as he is more a 3rd tall at the moment.
Probably needs to grow a bit more for that role. Is he still around 190?

Could happen. Feels like there's a top 13, and Port then us pick from what's left. But there's always bolters and surprises, so it could happen. I reckon if anyone was to fall it's most likely to be Serong though.
Yeah there does seem to be a clear 13 but Carlton and Melbourne are both apparently into Weightman. Worrell probably isn't that far behind McAsey. Obviously production much lower but potential is there. Port need talks and have also heard Hawthorn linked.
Serong does seem like the other one who could slide which is surprising but clubs might see less scope for improvement there. With Kemp I'm thinking a lot of the clubs might want to go for instant impact and Kemp was already a bit of an unknown quantity/longer term proposition before the knee. It almost feels like you can throw a blanket over pick 3-13 and really not be surprised where any of them end up within that range.
Hopefully clubs see it a bit differently and have a couple more players in that pack.

I think we should use 13 on Pickett and not split our pick. I know it's a bit of a reach but I really do think he has the attributes to make a considerable impact on our team early. He won't be asked to do a lot and play a very simple role.

We can't really split our pick given the talk is that Port are also keen on him and hold picks 16 and 18, along with the fact that he is from SA.

TBH I'm not excited with Bianco as a prospect for us. 176cm mid or rebounding defender, unless he can develop into an elite wingman it just doesn't excite me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back