Rumour 2019 Draft rumours thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think with the amount of talk around it, it's likely to happen. Same sort of stuff happened with us and Oliver. Nothing much said, then few weeks before draft a lot of chatter came about, and we ended up with him.

What an inspired pick that was.

Chubby kid who didn't play champs.

Completely under the radar til late.

From memory he had a very strong finish to the TAC Cup.

Goes on to be one of the comp's premier inside mids, with elite output from year 2.

Melb deserve plenty of credit for that selection.

What an inspired pick that was.
Chubby kid who didn't play champs.
Completely under the radar til late.
From memory he had a very strong finish to the TAC Cup.

Goes on to be one of the comp's premier inside mids, with elite output from year 2.

Melb deserve plenty of credit for that selection.

Also the finals at Ikon Park.
It was hard not to see what may lie ahead after his two finals games there.

I've heard that Kemp is Carltons #1 target with Young at #2. (I say Young but it could be Ash, as was told a HBF'er)
It just doesn't feel right to me, but we'll see.

Also the finals at Ikon Park.
It was hard not to see what may lie ahead after his two finals games there.

I've heard that Kemp is Carltons #1 target with Young at #2. (I say Young but it could be Ash, as was told a HBF'er)
It just doesn't feel right to me, but we'll see.
I think that Serong is looking like sliding, and he'll be your first picked player, and if he's not there you'll go Kemp. I imagine Young will get snapped up by Crows/Swans if we don't take him at 3.

Crows and Cats the teams most interested in Will Gould.
We'd have to go pretty early on him if we want him. Or try and bring a early 10's pick in, though I have heard people speculate about us doing a 4 + whatever for 7 and 10 with Freo, which would put us in range for Gould at 10, and might make sense with the rumours we like Fischer McAsey, who we probably wouldn't take at 4.

Every reporter has Brisbane linked to someone else at 16 I've heard Rivers Day Rantell and Gould all linked to Us but don't see HB'ers as a massive need with Ah Chee Hinge Allison Cox and Joyce already on our list a quick midfielder that can play inside I see as a more urgent need
It’s a good thing that we’re not letting much leak.

I’m not sure if anyone has been genuinely rumoured to us, more media speculation or Phantom Drafts.

Rivers can play as an inside/outside midfield role, and Rantall is an inside/outside mid. But there really aren’t to many outside mids after the SA kid.

Last edited:
We'd have to go pretty early on him if we want him. Or try and bring a early 10's pick in, though I have heard people speculate about us doing a 4 + whatever for 7 and 10 with Freo, which would put us in range for Gould at 10, and might make sense with the rumours we like Fischer McAsey, who we probably wouldn't take at 4.

Goulds going to slide.

There’s more likelihood of him going in the 30’s than low 10’s imo.

A lot of journo’s linking us to Gould at 26/27.

I think Geelong will take him and back their development program to get him to be more professional. He is a bit of a man child and his skin folds at Combine were terrible but he is a very good pure footballer. The kind of bloke that won’t test well but is just a natural. I’d love him at my club.

I think Geelong will take him and back their development program to get him to be more professional. He is a bit of a man child and his skin folds at Combine were terrible but he is a very good pure footballer. The kind of bloke that won’t test well but is just a natural. I’d love him at my club.

I did see in an article that his skin folds are down from 78 to 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And he is a mad cats fan as well. Not that it means much but probably guards against the go home factor.

Gould is the new Kieran Collins.

Both man-child defenders, but present as very different prospects.

Colins was more a one-on-one, old school FB. Gould is more of an intercepting, rebounding 3rd tall. Possibly with scope to run through the midfield (though would need MAJOR improvements in speed and agility IMO).

Not making a call on how Gould goes at AFL level, but I think he has a lot more tricks up his sleeve than Collins.

Both man-child defenders, but present as very different prospects.

Colins was more a one-on-one, old school FB. Gould is more of an intercepting, rebounding 3rd tall. Possibly with scope to run through the midfield (though would need MAJOR improvements in speed and agility IMO).

Not making a call on how Gould goes at AFL level, but I think he has a lot more tricks up his sleeve than Collins.
The skills is what makes the difference. I don't ever remember Collins being talked up for his penetrating kick or footy smarts. He was a dominant, old-school full back who made other kids his age look silly. Gould's skillset seems more transferrable to the next level. He doesn't necessarily have to rely on his size to make an impact, whereas Collins did

I've seen a lot of phantom drafts linking the suns pick 20/21 to Jeremy Sharp. Are there any rumours to suggest this or is everyone just in agreement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back