Rumour 2019 Draft rumours thread

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I had a look around but I could not see a draft rumours thread up on the board which surprised me. I may have missed it but I had a reasonable look.

So I thought I would create a thread for everyone to discuss rumours on which clubs like which players in the lead up to the national draft in a months time. I must admit I have no rumours of my own, and the Swans board doesn't really have a clue what our recruiters are going to do but I am very curious to know what rumours are floating around as to which clubs like which players.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Swans - Really like Green
Doggies - Have a crush on weightman
Dee's - touching up Henry
carlton - Looking at X-Rays of Kemp
GC - Rowell , Anderson,Gould already have their GC budgie smugglers
Tigers - Have a Cat in the bag "Cat Stephens"
Maggies - Are drooling into Riccardi

McRobie

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Swans - Really like Green
Doggies - Have a crush on weightman
Dee's - touching up Henry
carlton - Looking at X-Rays of Kemp
GC - Rowell , Anderson,Gould already have their GC budgie smugglers
Tigers - Have a Cat in the bag "Cat Stephens"
Maggies - Are drooling into Riccardi
Whats the point of us being into Green when we cant get him?

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Are there any draftee profiles loaded up yet?
Courtesy of Pie 4 Life Pete Williams/AFL Draft Central

Courtesy of Pie 4 Life Pete Williams/AFL Draft Central

On this, they'll all be up by Thursday.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Whats the point of us being into Green when we cant get him?
Pick 5: Tom Green (Unmatched) Syd
Pick 6: Luke Jackson GWS

GWS should consider Aidan Bonar and Will Setterfield were "Best Available" and now play elsewhere also last
year they took Jye Caldwell, Jackson Hately, Xavier O'Halloran and Ian Hill with their first four picks and Ian
Hill actually played the most games of the four despite being a stick figure. GWS is a Bermuda Triangle for
midfielders Green replaces Josh Kennedy.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory

GWS should consider Aidan Bonar and Will Setterfield were "Best Available" and now play elsewhere also last
year they took Jye Caldwell, Jackson Hately, Xavier O'Halloran and Ian Hill with their first four picks and Ian
Hill actually played the most games of the four despite being a stick figure. GWS is a Bermuda Triangle for

There is no way they are passing on Green. He's too good.

McRobie

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney

I like your thinking and I genuinly
Hope you’re right, he looks exactly what we need.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
There is no way they are passing on Green. He's too good.
Ok presuming GWS match on Green at pick 5
Sydney take Brodie Kemp at Pick 6 and give him time to overcome the ACL set back.

Either option good replacement for Josh Kennedy and Green can battle to replace Taranto, Hopper and the rest of
their plethora of "Best Available" midfielders.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
He does make a point that they are brimming with Mids, they could get better value by filling a need.

Sure, but they won't. The exact reason you want him so badly is why. You don't pass on the best talent in the draft.

McRobie

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Sure, but they won't. The exact reason you want him so badly is why. You don't pass on the best talent in the draft.
Yeah I think I’m just reading what I want to be true rather than the facts that there’s bugger all chance of him being passed on.

Only situation I could see where GWS pass on Green is if none of Melbourne, Adelaide, or Sydney agree to a pick trade, then Sydney bid on him at 5, and there is somebody GWS rate higher than Green still available. In that situation surely they pass and take whoever it is they like better. Could even see them doing that if they were sufficiently convinced a player they like better will last to them. For example say they like Jackson over Green. Adelaide bid on Green, and for whatever reason they are convinced Sydney won't take Jackson. Then they let Adelaide have him and take Jackson at 6. It's unlikely but not impossible.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Only situation I could see where GWS pass on Green is if none of Melbourne, Adelaide, or Sydney agree to a pick trade, then Sydney bid on him at 5, and there is somebody GWS rate higher than Green still available. In that situation surely they pass and take whoever it is they like better. Could even see them doing that if they were sufficiently convinced a player they like better will last to them. For example say they like Jackson over Green. Adelaide bid on Green, and for whatever reason they are convinced Sydney won't take Jackson. Then they let Adelaide have him and take Jackson at 6. It's unlikely but not impossible.
Yes please, can you have a chat with GWS and the Dees on behalf of Adelaide.....much appreciated.

Back