Rumour 2019 Draft rumours thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I've seen a lot of phantom drafts linking the suns pick 20/21 to Jeremy Sharp. Are there any rumours to suggest this or is everyone just in agreement
Can’t say I’ve seen this. Only Shifter Sheehan on the Road to the Draft phantom draft, and that was pure guesswork after the first two picks.

Whats the verdict on rowell and anderson and the go home factor after 2 years? Both have had a fair bit of time to know where they will be going, will they extend their contracts for a further 2-3 years after the draft, or will we see them come home most likely for bugger all after their 2 years

GC are going to improve their new concessions will give them plenty of confidence at draft time . Ben King re-signed they could be good in a few years .

Rowell and Anderson will be excellent this draft for them also but GC are open to trading their 1&2 picks so anything' could happen .

Whats the verdict on rowell and anderson and the go home factor after 2 years? Both have had a fair bit of time to know where they will be going, will they extend their contracts for a further 2-3 years after the draft, or will we see them come home most likely for bugger all after their 2 years
They'll extend. Suns are going to be a good team in a few years. They are stock piling a very handy group of young talent that in my opinion easily rivals the group they started with back in 2011. Ainsworth, Bowes, Ballard, Lukosius, Rankine, King, Rowell and Anderson plus picks 15, 20, a likely top 2 pick again next year plus academy prospects Davies and Jeffrey next year who are supremely talented. The AFL are overseeing their off field structures and the people in charge which are far superior to the off field systems/facilities/people they had back in 2011. They'll have another rough year next year I think but from 2021 onwards they'll start to show improvement and could play finals as soon as 2022 I reckon.

Twomey suggesting Serong could slide as far as Port's pick 12, and Young could slide to the latter half of top ten in his latest "form guide". Serong I can understand but surely Young couldn't get past Sydney at the absolute latest.
ive got Young rated at 10.

There's a couple of whispers that Hawthorn's trade with North was a precursor to allow them to trade their future 1st for another early-ish pick at this draft. If so, it would be interesting to see what area they can trade into and who they're targeting.

There's a couple of whispers that Hawthorn's trade with North was a precursor to allow them to trade their future 1st for another early-ish pick at this draft. If so, it would be interesting to see what area they can trade into and who they're targeting.
If I’m a team trading in a future first, for a first round pick this year, I’m looking for a team that I’m pretty confident will miss the top 8.

If I’m a team trading in a future first, for a first round pick this year, I’m looking for a team that I’m pretty confident will miss the top 8.
Most opposition supporters I've spoken to have the Hawks as a middle of the road team (6-12) so while it would be a bit of a gamble, if it pans out that way you'd still be 'winning'.

Most opposition supporters I've spoken to have the Hawks as a middle of the road team (6-12) so while it would be a bit of a gamble, if it pans out that way you'd still be 'winning'.
From a crows perspective, I'd consider trading 6 for 11 + hawks 2020 1st and we could even look at giving a later future pick (bulldogs 2020 2nd rounder we have) back with 6 as well. Hawks could then go to Geelong and offer 6 for 14 & 17 or maybe port do 12 & 18 for 6?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From a crows perspective, I'd consider trading 6 for 11 + hawks 2020 1st and we could even look at giving a later future pick (bulldogs 2020 2nd rounder we have) back with 6 as well. Hawks could then go to Geelong and offer 6 for 14 & 17 or maybe port do 12 & 18 for 6?

I don't see what role Hawthorn plays in this? Couldn't the Crows just trade 6 to Geelong for 14 & 17, or a future first (Geelong has two 2020 firsts) directly?

I don't see what role Hawthorn plays in this? Couldn't the Crows just trade 6 to Geelong for 14 & 17, or a future first (Geelong has two 2020 firsts) directly?
Crows get pick 11 and a future 1st - pick 14 is too far down so I hope our club would not consider Geelong as a direct trade partner. The hawks then can use pick 6 to either go to the draft or it seems there are multiple clubs wanting to trade up so could set off an auction for it

So to the rumours - Twomey running with the Bulldogs having interviewed Trent Bianco yesterday.

He's also saying Rantall is bolting up the order and could be selected by Richmond in the 1st round.

Herald Sun running with Bulldogs have had Weightman touring their facilities
I reckon there'll be a few they're keen on around that first. Weightman will head there if Melbourne doesn't grab him. I like his mongrel - and he fills a need for us.

I see Serong sliding to Carlton, and they'll snap him up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back