Rumour 2019 Draft rumours thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Big reach.

PO, he wont be there with their next pick... so not really a reach.
The word reach is a NFL drafting term coined in the early 2000's by self described draft pundits/experts to either justify their own player rankings and expose teams failures.
But funnily never highlight it when they look like the fools. Which is more often than not in the good U S of A.
So i put to you.
How silly would they look if they traded back with Geelong's Pick 14 and the Hawks nabbed him or the Bulldogs... Pretty stupid hey?
We are in the similar position with 14 & 17 do we take blokes rated by AFL drafting pundits/experts in the 20's or 30's?
Wells will take who he rates not what the guru's reckon IMO.
I think Wells doesn't even give those pundits a second glance to be honest.
Cheers Buddy & Go CATTERS!!

Dunno why Pickett is considered a reach. Maybe just because the yearlong Phantomer's missed him.

He has one of 16 invites to the draft and Melbourne at 10, Hawks at 11, Port at 12 or 16 and Bulldogs at 13 are all considered to have him very high on their wants.
Across all levels he's at about 12 disposals and not much more than a goal a game. Add in size - which can limit potential - it's a big call. At 170cm can he be Cyril Rioli? Or is he at very best Anthony McD-Tippa.

The interesting question is just how valuable is a small forward compared with midfielders and flankers who get double the possessions and are involved in far more contests.

I think we're attuned to the idea that 20 touches is far better than 10, but causing turnovers to score from as well as creating chances out of nothing are both super valuable these days.

Richmond found a huge competitive advantage with teams underrating speed and pressure. Whether it's so underrated that little Kossie is worth pick 10 I'm not so sure.

14 an 17 for 10 and 28 suits both teams

14 is no use to them if Pickett goes at Pick #11 or #12 or #13.
They whole idea of trading down is gain extra or better picks whilst still gaining the player you wish to attain at your original pick.
With Hawks Bulldogs and Port selecting prior to pick 14 and have links and some say strong links to Pickett they will stay put and ensure they get the player they want in the first place.
Cheers TP

Dunno why Pickett is considered a reach. Maybe just because the yearlong Phantomer's missed him.

He has one of 16 invites to the draft and Melbourne at 10, Hawks at 11, Port at 12 or 16 and Bulldogs at 13 are all considered to have him very high on their wants.

Been hiding under a rock (work) the last couple of weeks, are the 16 invites to the draft published anywhere?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Across all levels he's at about 12 disposals and not much more than a goal a game. Add in size - which can limit potential - it's a big call. At 170cm can he be Cyril Rioli? Or is he at very best Anthony McD-Tippa.
The interesting question is just how valuable is a small forward compared with midfielders and flankers who get double the possessions and are involved in far more contests.

I think we're attuned to the idea that 20 touches is far better than 10, but causing turnovers to score from as well as creating chances out of nothing are both super valuable these days.

Richmond found a huge competitive advantage with teams underrating speed and pressure. Whether it's so underrated that little Kossie is worth pick 10 I'm not so sure.

Totally agree . Do they actually look at goal kicking Stats , in the Under 18 championships Rosa, Gore, Weightmann , Thorne and Cahill all kicked more goals as small forwards

Big animal hunter. Posing with dead Water Buffelo that he had killed, along with other animals.

Wondering if you have a problem with people hunting and killing cane toads?

Now I’m in no way familiar with what Glen McGrath has done, but hunting water buffalo in Kakadu is a public service for our national parks.

I think he went to America to do it and he paid for the chance to shoot one.
Still a pest in America as well.

They’re native to India and South East Asia. If they’re found anywhere else, they’re an introduced species.

Water buffalo, wild boar, camel, deer and horses are all pests in various parts of Australia, and other parts of the world.

Now if we’re talking elephants, big cats, rhino etc then that’s abhorrent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back