List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

How many rookies

So what happens to Tyson Milne and Jackson Voss?
Nothing..

Say Biggy is bid on at pick 35, what happens? we wont have enough points in 2019 to match the bid.

Would there be points taken off our 4th rd pick next year or our 1st round pick. Or no picks?

Pick 35 = 522 points.
197 points discount to match.
Pick 51 = 259 points.

So 522 - 448 points = 74 points.

So if we win the flag and get Pick 18 = 985 points. Becomes 914 points.
Pick 20 is 912. So we drop to Pick 19 (Unless we say trade say a 2020 4th rounder fora 2019 pick that has points to remove some or all of the points).

Pick 6 is 1751 points. So become 1677. Pick 7 is 1644 and so we stay at pick 6.

Not at this point. But he can’t join them unless we delist him - he can’t delist himself while we have a contract in front of him. If he gets all the way to the draft without signing then he can enter the draft.

that sounds bizzare
he qualifies for free agency, but he can't be a free agent unless the club lets him?
are you sure?
a contract in front of you is no contract.
I'm sure he could legally just walk wherever he wanted.

THis was the whole issue of why they wanted FA in the first place. ( ask Luke Ball )

PS. I have not seen a Phantom with Biggy in the Top 50.
Knightmare has him going pick 20.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 35 = 522 points.
197 points discount to match.
Pick 51 = 259 points.

So 522 - 448 points = 74 points.

So if we win the flag and get Pick 18 = 985 points. Becomes 914 points.
Pick 20 is 912. So we drop to Pick 19 (Unless we say trade say a 2020 4th rounder fora 2019 pick that has points to remove some or all of the points).

Pick 6 is 1751 points. So become 1677. Pick 7 is 1644 and so we stay at pick 6.

StKilda are a dumb club.
As an Academy player they have had Biggy round at training. They might have known he was fast. They might have known he had a massive leap.
They might have known he was going into the State combine and said "Biggy...go...but just Cruise ... we know how good you are ".

that sounds bizzare
he qualifies for free agency, but he can't be a free agent unless the club lets him?
are you sure?
a contract in front of you is no contract.
I'm sure he could legally just walk wherever he wanted.

Nope. He did qualify for free agency, but the free agency period ended halfway through the trade period. He couldn't get an offer from another club in that period so he's back on our list just like everyone else without a contract would be.

All he qualifies as now is as a Delisted Free Agent - if we choose to withdraw the contract and delist him. Otherwise he can delist himself and walk to the draft, but not to the club of his choice.

Yes. We get Newnes NEVER playing for us ever again.

Just like Acres this guy has zero awareness and time with ball in hand. see ball get ball boot ball. Glad we are changing it up

Turning 27 , he really declined over the last years, and as a general depth player, i'm happier to go with Sinclair, and just as happy to go with Phillips.
Clark may well be a mid-fielder this year as well.

Newnes output really dropped after round 7 or so this year. Someone like Ben Paton may even reach that level.

Nope. He did qualify for free agency, but the free agency period ended halfway through the trade period. He couldn't get an offer from another club in that period so he's back on our list just like everyone else without a contract would be.

All he qualifies as now is as a Delisted Free Agent - if we choose to withdraw the contract and delist him. Otherwise he can delist himself and walk to the draft, but not to the club of his choice.

I understand that now.
But its really a fail of the free agency system.

Carlton hunts for Jack Martin...doesn't know they miss out until after trade period. Could get free agent instead, but its too late and relies on the grace of the current club to de-list player , or he goes to the draft.

StKilda are a dumb club.
As an Academy player they have had Biggy round at training. They might have known he was fast. They might have known he had a massive leap.
They might have known he was going into the State combine and said "Biggy...go...but just Cruise ... we know how good you are ".
I like the idea that biggy knew that was an option but still wanted to be the fastest bastard out there. Do you think Riewoldt would have 'cruised' through any testing? You want players that want to be the best no matter what

StKilda are a dumb club.
Dumb for not draft tampering?

I understand that now.
But its really a fail of the free agency system.

Carlton hunts for Jack Martin...doesn't know they miss out until after trade period. Could get free agent instead, but its too late and relies on the grace of the current club to de-list player , or he goes to the draft.

Yeah, I probably agree. Not sure why the free agency period couldn't just go for the entire time up until the draft.

Recruiters don't take as much out of the combine as people think.

Every one of them would have known Biggie was fast and can jump.

Recruiting took a big turn towards taking athletes a few years back, but it's come back the other way since. You just have to go through the combine results every year to see how many great athletes can't turn themselves into great footballers.

Do we think Biggy goes late or Rookie?

Million dollar question. I think we take him at pick 51 if a bid somehow comes before then but otherwise we use an even later pick. If nobody picks him we can automatically rookie him but I've got a feeling we'll just take him in the national draft.

So what do people think of the following VFL/WFL players , any of them suitable for a late pick?

Tom Gribble. 25YO 180cm 74 kg. Werribee Mid , JJ Liston winner , huge contested ball winner never drafted due to poor kicking, has it improved?
Diabetic , but Saints have experience with that and he hasn't missed games due to it.

Sam Fisher, 21YO former Sydney Rookie. Northern Blues Midfield.

Marcus Lentini 19YO 184cm 79 Kg . Northern Blues, massive ball winner. Perhaps lacks hurt factor.

Jeremy Goddard 21YO 202cm 101kg Ruck ruck from Clairmont.

Frank Anderson 22YO Northern Blues general mid.

Tristan Hobley 19YO outside mid from Swans Districts. Finding plenty of the ball.

Mitch Hibberd Now bulked up and playing far more inside.

Luke Strnadica 21YO 203cm former Fremantle rookie ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back