2019 Draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry to intrude guys but did Ben Keays show any promise in his time at Brisbane?

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
The main thing Keays lacked was good disposal under pressure. And pace.

He’s an inside mid, but never got a run in that position for us. Has worked very hard to become a medium pressure forward.

At worst, he provides experienced depth.

Hopefully he shows he’s a level above the SANFL.

Kicking doesn’t look too bad to me

That he went and privately got coached in sprints and kicking shows he has the drive that is needed to become a regular top 22.

Also showns he comes from enough money for such things and this is also almost a necessary part of making it to Afl nowadays.

So, did Nick Robertson miss out? Or did I miss something?

Here's all the selections from the Rookie Draft

Skinner, C Lyons and Archie all got another Lions guernsey

No Nick Robbo there yet,

I'm not entirely sure whether or not there are more selections to come of that's it.

Jeez, I just watched that first interview of Deven. The look of him sitting there next to his mum and not getting called in the first round, he looked mighty pissed. Looks like we have a kid who will be trying to prove a point in 2020. Can't wait !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone up to date with what picks we have next year?

I think we still have our first 2 picks.

We have ports 1st,
? traded out the Pies 2nd?
I'm sure we did another trade or 2 but can't recall
Based on 2019 ladder positions this is what we currently have for the 2020 draft-

1574988503757.png

Based on 2019 ladder positions this is what we currently have for the 2020 draft-

View attachment 786673

Still placed remarkably well for next year. Would like to see minimal list changes and hopefully us trade in another gun with those two first rounders.

Sorry to intrude guys but did Ben Keays show any promise in his time at Brisbane?

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Ben played with my son in juniors. My sone actually played with Ben's older brother and their day was the coach. Little Benny as he was know was 2 years younger and had to play with his older brother as their dad couldn't be in 2 places at once. He is a tough little bugger and totally dedicated, he will do what ever it takes you can be sure of that. If you watch him train he runs with a really strait back and ducks his head at the moment he kicks the ball which I think means he takes his eyes off the target for a split second. His best game was probably the Port Adelaide game last year down your neck of the woods and he was unlucky not to stay in the team except he replaced McCluggage. He played a lot of forward flank in our reserves this year and is a good shot at goal but sits behind quite a few of the same type we have. He will work hard at what ever is told is needed of him thats for sure. You have a good one, I don't think you will find a Lions supporter that is not wishing him all the best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back