2019 Draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The Australia u/18’s (the old elite Australian Academy) is playing Casey at 11am (live on Fox Footy). A lot of the top draft picks from last year really stood out in the corresponding game last year.

Will Martyn split head from an elbow is fine.Not getting a heap of it playing in the midfield

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton better hope Stocker is a gun. Trading the number one draft pick is a huge risk. In fact it hasn't been done since the Fremantle trade that gifted Hodge to Hawthorn

At work. Anyone watching the game how did the following players perform.

Lachlan Ash
Hayden Young
Sam Flanders
Caleb Serong

I’m hoping one of these four is available at our Pies pick. Unlikely, but I live in hope.

Lachlan Ash
Hayden Young
Sam Flanders
Caleb Serong

I’m hoping one of these four is available at our Pies pick. Unlikely, but I live in hope.
Serong got a bit of it.Fumbly
Sam Flanders played forward snapped a goal just not enough of it.
Hayden Young outstanding intercept marks and clean with his disposal.2nd best on ground

Lachlan Ash
Hayden Young
Sam Flanders
Caleb Serong

Ash 7 disposals
Young 16 disposals
Flanders 6 disposals
Serong 11 disposals

Low disposal game in general, only one academy player with over 20 in Rowell with 14 players under 10 touches

I think Sydney may be the team who completely falls apart this season. If buddy goes down swans might only win 5 games and that will be good enough for last this year. I think blues might pass a few in the back half of the season. But are still a bottom 5 team. Rowel to Sydney... big red in the red and white.

I think Sydney may be the team who completely falls apart this season. If buddy goes down swans might only win 5 games and that will be good enough for last this year. I think blues might pass a few in the back half of the season. But are still a bottom 5 team. Rowel to Sydney... big red in the red and white.
Sydney was my tip to drop down this year.

I'm not sure about finishing last though.

I still believe the bottom two will most likely be Carlton and Gold Coast. Both with young teams playing a lot of kids, without too much quality depth. It's a long season and the grind catches up to younger players first. Both teams could fall away pretty quickly like Gold Coast did last year.

Carlton better hope Liam Stocker and who ever they draft with Adelaides pick is worth last years trade, because handing pick 1 to Adelaide will really hurt when Rowell is exactly the player they need to round out their midfield.

Adelaide will be happy if they end up with pick 1, with two SA kids, Will Gould and Dylan Stephens being outside chances to climb up to pick 1, or they just pick Rowell, or trade pick 1 to Gold Coast if one or Rankine or Lukosius requests a trade back to SA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back