briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Just ribbing how you're the only bloke that would even focus on our draft position as we take number one going into finals. It's all good, just makes you strange. Different is good, mate.
I wonder if you missed the point of my post?

It was nothing to do with our draft position.

I wonder if you missed the point of my post?

It was nothing to do with our draft position.

Consider that whole thing about missing the point. You are continually focussed on the draft; the future, the next year. It's all about how a team can or will improve yet the team in question has just taken top spot on the ladder. Yeah, we can improve but if you don't stop and take note, enjoy it why it happens, you might miss it.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Consider that whole thing about missing the point. You are continually focussed on the draft; the future, the next year. It's all about how a team can or will improve yet the team in question has just taken top spot on the ladder. Yeah, we can improve but if you don't stop and take note, enjoy it why it happens, you might miss it.
*sigh*

jjami15

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
There are draft heads and there are nots. Granted being down near the bottom does facilitate that but list management is constant. I do get your point in ‘smelling the roses’ but it is what it is.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Really, sheesh.

I posted our picks are now back to back, with an excited "yeah baby".

Meaning we are top of the ladder, with the last pick in the first round (and of course with Gold Coasts' pick giving us the first pick in the second round).

My post really was all about celebrating being top of the ladder. It really had little to do with the draft. I just chose a different thread (one I am very active in) to celebrate us being number 1.

Honestly, if you're trying to make anything of it, you're over thinking things and too caught up point scoring for some reason.

I posted our picks are now back to back, with an excited "yeah baby".

Meaning we are top of the ladder, with the last pick in the first round (and of course with Gold Coasts' pick giving us the first pick in the second round).
I thought it was pretty clear what you meant too.

Honestly, if you're trying to make anything of it, you're over thinking things and too caught up point scoring for some reason.
Overthinking agree, not sure what point scoring there is though. Just misinterpretation - in retrospect I suspect some thought you were being sarcastic.

Berrygood

All Australian
Aug 27, 2017
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Of Jackson is there at our first pick, I would have no complaint if we took him. We have as good as midfielders already developing on our list as we would draft at that pick.
Might be a good idea having a good young ruck developing along with our young next gen mids, smith, tom berry etc. Could pay off nicely in the long run.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
End of Home and Away draft selections, underlined are locked in selections and can not change until trade period, others can be flexible because of finals participation/pick trades.

We need the Magpies to go out in straight sets which would leave us with pick 13 or 14. :D We now need the death ride thread to do it's job, worst case scenario the Pies win the flag:'( and we have selections 18 and 19.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
I’m just waiting for the trade period to end before I get all excited about the draft order.

Do Gold Coast receive a PP? Do GWS match an offer for Coniglio and force a trade, or just take the compensation pick?

Do we have any significant trade targets lined upped?

Is Adelaide going to hold a fire sale?

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
I’m just waiting for the trade period to end before I get all excited about the draft order.
Do Gold Coast receive a PP? Do GWS match an offer for Coniglio and force a trade, or just take the compensation pick?
Do we have any significant trade targets lined upped?
Is Adelaide going to hold a fire sale?
I think the GC pick 1/2 is a certainty and Adelaide fire sale not far behind it

Back