List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Thread

Nov 10, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
The last 9 years we've ended up with at least one player from the All-Australian Under 18 Team.

Who will it be this year?

IMG_0424.JPG

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
The last 9 years we've ended up with at least one player from the All-Australian Under 18 Team.

Who will it be this year?

View attachment 703173

Anderson

He's gonna tank his interview and tell Adelaide to give us pick 2 or he will come home to us after 12 months

He'll get traumatized if he tries to speak up in team meetings.
People will say "Shut up Flanders " because they can.

I was talking Robertson but I want Flanders just for the name alone.

Gosaints12

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ferrari
Anderson

He's gonna tank his interview and tell Adelaide to give us pick 2 or he will come home to us after 12 months

Trade 1
Stk:
Caldwell
Pick 9
Pick 15

GWS:
Pick 5
Bruce

We’re gonna do a Carlton

Adelaide get;
Pick 15
Future 1st round
St Kilda get:
Pick 2
Future 1st round

3rd trade
Adelaide
In:
Pick 15

Out:
Adelaide 1st round 2020

Stk get:
Caldwell
Anderson
Stephens
O Neill

Ade:
2x furture 1st rounds, (STK and Adel)
I’m willing to bet one if not both go to the GC for Lukosius and/or Rankine.

GWS:
Bruce
Green
Ash

Last edited:

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda

WhiskySaint

All Australian
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
I’ve not followed this draft like I did last years.

How do Kemp and Robertson (who I assume we would be looking at) compare to Walsh, Caldwell and Smith?

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda

How do Kemp and Robertson (who I assume we would be looking at) compare to Walsh, Caldwell and Smith?
Outside the top couple, this draft is a long way off last year's.

If Smith were available at our pick we'd take him in a heart beat IMO. No one outside or Rowell comes close to Walsh. Caldwell too hard to judge as his body seems ****ed.

Robertson seems very underrated IMO. He's a ball winning inside bull, but his skills aren't flash. Kemp would be my pick if he makes it that far. Recruiters would be hoping he could be the next Bont, although he is still yet to dominate as a midfielder.

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Outside the top couple, this draft is a long way off last year's.

If Smith were available at our pick we'd take him in a heart beat IMO. No one outside or Rowell comes close to Walsh. Caldwell too hard to judge as his body seems f’ed.

Robertson seems very underrated IMO. He's a ball winning inside bull, but his skills aren't flash. Kemp would be my pick if he makes it that far. Recruiters would be hoping he could be the next Bont, although he is still yet to dominate as a midfielder.

Yup just doesn’t seem to be the same level of hype around this year’s top draftees verse last years. The top 7 last year compromising of Kings (x 2), Lukosious, Rankine, Smith, Rozee & Walsh were all talked about has top line elite talent with at least 4 of them spoken of as possible pick 1’s.

This year outside of Rowell & Anderson it looks a bit meh. Saying that, I have no doubt there will be some guns in the draft that will excel in a pro environment.

I would love to find the next De Goey - prototype fwd-mid. Kemp looks good & I am intrigued by this Dylan Williams kid based off Doug’s like for him & a few of his write-ups.

Last edited:

I reckon Robertson will be Rory Sloane clone. Kemp is a forward mid type with a big body, he's getting Bont comparisons but he is a bit more like Dangerfield to me, he can contest marks. He's got potential to be a gun mid but there might be a bit of a risk of him being too big after he fills out.

Walsh is a freak, he's better than I thought he'd be and Smith is you safe as houses mid who will play 10 years of high level footy. I reckon that's similar to Robertson.

Caldwell has broken down again, there is no possible way we can afford another Freezer scenario unless it's for a late pick and we pay his medical bills for a few years.

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
I reckon Robertson will be Rory Sloane clone. Kemp is a forward mid type with a big body, he's getting Bont comparisons but he is a bit more like Dangerfield to me, he can contest marks. He's got potential to be a gun mid but there might be a bit of a risk of him being too big after he fills out.

Walsh is a freak, he's better than I thought he'd be and Smith is you safe as houses mid who will play 10 years of high level footy. I reckon that's similar to Robertson.

Caldwell has broken down again, there is no possible way we can afford another Freezer scenario unless it's for a late pick and we pay his medical bills for a few years.

Totally agree regarding Caldwell. I really liked the kid in his draft but we’ve already got Bytel & King rehabbing from long term injuries.

Mikka84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Trade 1
Stk:
Caldwell
Pick 9
Pick 15

GWS:
Pick 5
Bruce

We’re gonna do a Carlton

Adelaide get;
Pick 15
Future 1st round
St Kilda get:
Pick 2
Future 1st round

3rd trade
Adelaide
In:
Pick 15

Out:
Adelaide 1st round 2020

Stk get:
Caldwell
Anderson
Stephens
O Neill

Ade:
2x furture 1st rounds, (STK and Adel)
I’m willing to bet one if not both go to the GC for Lukosius and/or Rankine.

GWS:
Bruce
Green
Ash
How do we make you list manager?

Back