List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I posted in the other thread...

We should offer our 2019 & 2020 1sts for 1 and 19 (prob settle for 1 & 29)

It's time to get bold imo. We need absolute stars and rowell / anderson have star written all over them.

Adel still get pick 7 (at this stage) which would net them Stephens - a local SA boy or that man child CHB who's name escapes me *

Edit- * Will Gould
Definitely makes sense for us. I hope we do try and find a way to get pick one or two, but I just can't see any way either club give them up. The gap between Anderson/Rowell and Stephen's is large.

Makes sense from our end.. Think it would be 1 & 29.. but I'd still do it.

Rowell and Anderson look ideal for us.. I lean to Anderson and given his old man is on our board - would be a good story.

Still get pick 29 for a drifter/smokey and we have tended to use those picks really well of late.

We need bold.. We need elite mids to team up with King and Bytel & Clark in the future.

The only thing with trading next years pick, will be our strategy for getting Bing back home.
Surely our 2021 first and a some other picks gets that done.

Surely our 2021 first and a some other picks gets that done.
For Bing? Yes - for that.. Think he'll cost a first and second or a player to get him back home. Depending on where we finish end of next year of course. Rattan could well take us to glory..

I posted in the other thread...

We should offer our 2019 & 2020 1sts for 1 and 19 (prob settle for 1 & 29)

It's time to get bold imo. We need absolute stars and rowell / anderson have star written all over them.

Adel still get pick 7 (at this stage) which would net them Stephens - a local SA boy or that man child CHB who's name escapes me *

Edit- * Will Gould

We should, but I really doubt Adeliade would go for it. I wouldn't if I was them. They may Consider trading 7 and 19 for a player, but they won't part with pick 1.

I wonder what GC would want in addition to our 1st and Bruce for their 1st

If that nets us Anderson then I could see an argument for goldstein in and marshall replacing Bruce. Marshall goes back to Ruck and King forward as the years roll on

I wonder what GC would want in addition to our 1st and Bruce for their 1st

If that nets us Anderson then I could see an argument for goldstein in and marshall replacing Bruce. Marshall goes back to Ruck and King forward as the years roll on
King and pick 2 for this years first, next years first and Coffield or Acres.

King and pick 2 for this years first, next years first and Coffield or Acres.

Sounds like a bad idea when we need mids. I would use all our money we want to waste on Goldy towards making Coniglio the highest paid player next year with a heavy front load. I don't get romance over common sense. Bing might as well develop up there as we don't need KPs now any way. Find a cheap back up ruck or keep one of Longer and Pierce. We need to draft a mid with our first pick if Cogs won't come.

Sounds like a bad idea when we need mids. I would use all our money we want to waste on Goldy towards making Coniglio the highest paid player next year with a heavy front load. I don't get romance over common sense. Bing might as well develop up there as we don't need KPs now any way. Find a cheap back up ruck or keep one of Longer and Pierce. We need to draft a mid with our first pick if Cogs won't come.
Yes we need mids - hence going after Anderson or Rowell. But we also need balance down the track.. Bytel to come through as the mid bull with Clark and King to take over from Carlisle who is on borrowed time.

Absolutely Coniglio. Don't even back-end it. Just pile on the cash.. We need him badly. Good thing is, should cost cash and nothing else ( although i'm super skeptical this will happen )

With the swap trade Carlton & Adelaide did - what happens if Carlton gets a priority pick? They should be getting one this year. Almost got it last year and will finish last again on 3-4 wins..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the swap trade Carlton & Adelaide did - what happens if Carlton gets a priority pick? They should be getting one this year. Almost got it last year and will finish last again on 3-4 wins..
Last one that was given out was end of first round so I'd say it would be the same. I'll be filthy if they get one though, lack of draft picks isn't their issue

Pretty sure we won't be in the same position on the ladder come end of the year. Think we'll be more likely to be around pick 10, 11 or 12.

Hope you're right.

Hope you're right.
Pretty sure we won't be in the same position on the ladder come end of the year. Think we'll be more likely to be around pick 10, 11 or 12.
Not a chance in hell we will get that high on the ladder , i see us winning another 2-3 games, you must see it a lot differently than i do , we will only get Jake and Lonie back at this point in time as the expert ITK'S are saving Stuv wont be back so i cant see where the improvement is comming from . Jake wont make bugger all difference as its the Mids and our pathetic forward structure thats causing the issues IMO

Lets not rule out we may get some extra picks to work with if certain players leave. If Newnes goes via FA we may get a compo, and if the rumours of Stuv going to another club are true (not to add to the speculation, sorry) then we may get something for him, you'd hope anyway. It'd hurt our list, but we may end up with a stronger draft hand at year's end.

If we get enough wins to finish 9th then we'll be 12th on percentage. Hanners and Snake could break down at any moment and if Roma has time out were in the shite again. The so-thought winable games are looking harder each week and the likes of Seb and Newnes have dropped off from early form...
Be prepared to take solace in a top 5 pick :( again..

Not a chance in hell we will get that high on the ladder , i see us winning another 2-3 games, you must see it a lot differently than i do , we will only get Jake and Lonie back at this point in time as the expert ITK'S are saving Stuv wont be back so i cant see where the improvement is comming from . Jake wont make bugger all difference as its the Mids and our pathetic forward structure thats causing the issues IMO

Are they the next 3 games? Suns, Lions and Tigers all look winnable after this weekend!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back