List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

God that favours us sooo much I really wish that would happen. Slim chance.
Yeah, absolutely zero chance, but it would give GC what they need in a mature leader.

We get some potential A grades in the midfield.

And gws get a top pick before their guy is bid on.

Winners all round in my eyes..... especially us

Or Freeman or Hanners or Jess Smith.
The thing is gringo we’re talking about draft age kids who have an injury.

Freeman had massive problems with his hamstrings and two years in at a top club couldn’t get on the park. Smith was a wreck career over stuff, I think we figured we might as well have a look you never know. Hanners is not a deal I would have made but having said that does anyone know apart from the generic he’s cooked what’s wrong with him?. I still think we need to give him next season before we call it.

The strategy of drafting injured players who the club has a full medical on is sound and is common enough in the NFL. The patriots who rarely have high picks have done very well out of it rob gronkowski was just one example of a player who slid because of injury.

One important point to note though is they need to have slid out of their normal uninjured range otherwise you carry all the risk for no benefit, think battle and bytel.

We will be the Hobart Saints still waiting for our bargain bin specials to become the next Daisy Thomas.
Let’s just wait and see how the trade period plays out before we worry about the draft.

Not to mention we have no idea what pick or picks we’ll have and you can trade picks on the night, it would need to be a big win to trade out of the top 4 imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lachlan Ash seems to have little fan fare but could be an early selection. Midfielder for the Bushrangers

Lachlan Ash seems to have little fan fare but could be an early selection. Midfielder for the Bushrangers

Yeah, he's more running half back/ wing but has all the goods to be a special player. I really like his game, he's more like a Johannisen type and worse case a sort of Shane Savage.

Young is a better user and seems a bit more composed but Ash is quick and evasive. I'd love to get him into the side somehow but can't see us going for him.

We can almost rule a top 3 pick out with draw we have. Will probably end up being around 5. Not that disappointing when it looks as though we'd end up with a back flanker at 3 anyway, but it would probably rule out being able to trade our pick with Giants two first rounders.

I don't think we can afford to take Kemp if he's done his knee, especially when he is yet to prove he can really become a quality midfielder.

Not a bad year to trade out your first rounder imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back