List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It doesn't look as though we we'll have a top 10 pick.

Sounds like we will try and do a deal similar to the Carlisle one a few years back with Hill.

In a draft that is very even after pick 2, it could end up being a good deal if we are able to get it done, although it won't be easy as we'd have do a few side deals.

At our pick, it’s lachie ash for me. Pace, great kick and I think moved to the midfield.

Yeah he's my favourite at the moment. He looks like a superstar.

I'm all for Gold Coast getting a priority pick just so Melbourne can't get Anderson.
I'm all for taking Melbourne's 2019 first rounder off them and giving it to GCS as a penalty for Melbourne being so f***ing incompetent.

Perhaps we might look at investing in the draft as an alternative.
Forget Bing this year, and Constable, since maybe we have Bytel to play that roll, and rookie a backup ruckman.

Do something like a future 1st and 2nd swap with Geelong, throw in 55, and take their 1st since they'll be getting P5-ish for Kelly.

That leaves us with a late 1st and a future 1st for Bing next year, with an early and late 1st for ourselves this year, plus the Biggie pick at 70.

Push Stuv through the Kelly trade to get B Hill over, sign S Hill so Freo get some compo, and we still have a full set of futures for steak knives, not that it should be necessary.

I could see us taking Ash and possibly Kemp might make it to late first round.
It works on points too.

P6
P17
Biggie
B. Hill
S. Hill-FA
Tomlinson - FA
Marsh*
Mayo*
full hand in the next draft..

TBH I'd be pretty happy to see us take 2 more good kids before we push up the ladder in coming years.

I'm all for taking Melbourne's 2019 first rounder off them and giving it to GCS as a penalty for Melbourne being so f***ing incompetent.

My Hawks mate reckons that the Hawks are unloading some old guys as a package for pick 2 PP. Getting Coniglio for nothing as a FA and getting him at a lot less coin than we and Carlton have offered. If it's true I will vomit. Reckons they will get Anderson and Coniglio while dropping the equal amount off their salary cap and losing guys like Burgoyne who already hardly plays.

He’s another flanker Gringo! Don’t we have enough?

He's playing mid at the moment and getting good numbers and still dominating. Inside/outside runner with phenomenal pace. He's going to be an exciting player to watch. He's got the speed as a point of difference. Funny enough, I reckon Savage will start to move up the field so really only have Mc Kenzie who is so so ATM, Geary -old, Webster who is a GOP, Newnes- gone, Coffield developing, White gone, Paton looks okay etc. None are guns yet and with his pace Ash looks more like JJ type even if he does stay there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Hawks mate reckons that the Hawks are unloading some old guys as a package for pick 2 PP. Getting Coniglio for nothing as a FA and getting him at a lot less coin than we and Carlton have offered. If it's true I will vomit. Reckons they will get Anderson and Coniglio while dropping the equal amount off their salary cap and losing guys like Burgoyne who already hardly plays.
not happening. Gold Coast are desperate for pick two so they can get both Rowell and Anderson since they are so close.
I can't see them throwing that away for some of hawthorns old spare parts.

Split this years first pick into two later first rounders. One for Bing, the other for Hill. Add next year's first for Bing and steak knives in Sinclair or Webster. Done and done. Do it, Satan!

Unfortunately think Bing will have to stay on the coast another year I’m told .

Last edited:
Unfortunately think Bing will have stay on the coast another year I’m told .
Bing's task going forward is quite simple:

• Stay on the coast for another 12 months.
  • Allow his body to mature for another 12 months.
  • Allow his skills to develop for another 12 months.
  • Play very poorly in 22 games during 2020.
  • Get traded to the Saints for a late 4th round pick.

Go son :cool:

Would you rather downgrade on picks or keep pick 5-7?

Depends what we get. It’s so hard to make those calls because there’s still so much water to go under the bridge. I never say no to top 10 picks because I like continually bringing in elite talent. But at some point we’ve got to do something about the holes in our list. Established players are the best way fill those.

Bing's task going forward is quite simple:

• Stay on the coast for another 12 months.
  • Allow his body to mature for another 12 months.
  • Allow his skills to develop for another 12 months.
  • Play very poorly in 22 games during 2020.
  • Get traded to the Saints for a late 4th round pick.

Go son :cool:

He should kick wrong footed for the entire year!

Yeah he's my favourite at the moment. He looks like a superstar.
What about Dylan Stephens from Norwood.
Pure midfielder.
"Stephens is a midfielder that can cut up teams with his left foot and relentless running. In the mould of Andrew Gaff, Stephens plays on a wing and in midfield and can impact a game by accumulation.
He's a nice kick and doesn't waste too many touches and has played at senior level.
Stephens finished the carnival in great form gathering 33 disposals, six tackles, nine clearances to claim all Australian honours."

What about Dylan Stephens from Norwood.
Pure midfielder.
"Stephens is a midfielder that can cut up teams with his left foot and relentless running. In the mould of Andrew Gaff, Stephens plays on a wing and in midfield and can impact a game by accumulation.
He's a nice kick and doesn't waste too many touches and has played at senior level.
Stephens finished the carnival in great form gathering 33 disposals, six tackles, nine clearances to claim all Australian honours."

He looks okay but haven't seen much of him. I like Robertson, he looks like a Rory Sloane type.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back