List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What about Dylan Stephens from Norwood.
Pure midfielder.
"Stephens is a midfielder that can cut up teams with his left foot and relentless running. In the mould of Andrew Gaff, Stephens plays on a wing and in midfield and can impact a game by accumulation.
He's a nice kick and doesn't waste too many touches and has played at senior level.
Stephens finished the carnival in great form gathering 33 disposals, six tackles, nine clearances to claim all Australian honours."
Very outside and left foot dominate. Not overly quick so not really as confident in him. Only racked it up in the last out of 4 games in the champs

My Hawks mate reckons that the Hawks are unloading some old guys as a package for pick 2 PP. Getting Coniglio for nothing as a FA and getting him at a lot less coin than we and Carlton have offered. If it's true I will vomit. Reckons they will get Anderson and Coniglio while dropping the equal amount off their salary cap and losing guys like Burgoyne who already hardly plays.

If true , it means Cog's is doing a "BJ" IMO.
Hawks are far from a guaranteed premiership in the next few years.

Trying to be realistic in order to make it happen this year, ScrappyDoo. I doubt it will happen as well, but if we are any hope, we have to give more than most on here expect we have to. Here goes. All criticism gratefully accepted.

B. King - 1st this year, first next year. Sinclair as steak knives.

B. Hill - the other first we get for splitting this year's pick. Acres as well. 3rd rounder back.

Constable and Geelong's first (16ish) for Stuv .

16 for Jack Martin and GCS third rounder pick 37.

Stephen Hill, Todd Goldstein and Adam Tomlinson, all FA.

Prepare for abuse. Harley Bennell (subject to medical and psych. assessment) as a rookie!

Need 10 spots to accommodate 3 compulsory draft picks and the others we've brought in.

Steven, Acres, Sinclair traded out.
Newnes RFA.
Retired - Longer, Armitage, Brown, McCartin, Roberton.

Delisted - Lewis, Rice and Rowe (rookie)

NGA - Biggy.
Rookie Upgrades - Golden Jazzhands, Jonathon "Bacchus" Marsh.

White and Phillips in trouble. Savage and Webster as trade bait.

(Ducks for cover)

Best 22

Steele Carlisle Wilkie
Clark Battle Tomlinson
Billings Ross B. Hill
Martin Bruce Hind
Membrey Winx Lonie

Roma Hannabery Gresham

Bing, Bytel, Dunstan, Constable
Emerg. Goldstein, Bennell, S.Hill, Coffield
Enjoy !!!!!

I don't want Clark to remain in the backline for his career, and Webster is a player who can allow it. Webster also one of the quickest in a team that lacks pace.

If true , it means Cog's is doing a "BJ" IMO.
Hawks are far from a guaranteed premiership in the next few years.

They will have some midfield though, mostly from pilfering.

They will have some midfield though, mostly from pilfering.

Its a bit inside heavy with Mitchell, O'Meara , Worpel and Coniglio isn't it?

As compared to us with Dunstan...ummm....Gresh...maybe Clark,....Bytel might be good... Ross, the receiver. Oh yeah Steele the tagger.

I know we are locking in on Hill but if the Suns get a PP and go to the draft with 1 + 2 would anyone want to looking at trading up?

5 + 2019 1st
for
2 + Bing

??

Brad Hill very good but I'd love to be able to grab Noah Anderson this year. I think he could almost walk in like Walsh and have that immediate impact and there's that bit of romance there.

It might be unders for Bing but the threat of him walking away next year for a whole lot less is real. How many top 10 picks have the Suns and Giants seen leave for 2nd rounders?

I know we are locking in on Hill but if the Suns get a PP and go to the draft with 1 + 2 would anyone want to looking at trading up?

5 + 2019 1st
for
2 + Bing

??

Brad Hill very good but I'd love to be able to grab Noah Anderson this year. I think he could almost walk in like Walsh and have that immediate impact and there's that bit of romance there.

It might be unders for Bing but the threat of him walking away next year for a whole lot less is real. How many top 10 picks have the Suns and Giants seen leave for 2nd rounders?
Suns are desperate to get both Rowell and Anderson since they are such great mates, so zero chance they let pick 2 go if they get it.

We would need to split pick 5 for two picks, second one to freo for Hill and the other plus our future for from Bing.

Suns are desperate to get both Rowell and Anderson since they are such great mates, so zero chance they let pick 2 go if they get it.

We would need to split pick 5 for two picks, second one to freo for Hill and the other plus our future for from Bing.

Im really not a fan of sending 2 early picks up there for Bing. Sure it'd be great to pair the brothers up but 2 x first rounders is the same rate as guys like Kelly, Sheil, Treloar etc No way he is worth that right now.

Im really not a fan of sending 2 early picks up there for Bing. Sure it'd be great to pair the brothers up but 2 x first rounders is the same rate as guys like Kelly, Sheil, Treloar etc No way he is worth that right now.
Maybe Gold Coast would take our future first and a player, not sure who though.

I tend to agree. He may he worth that in 12 months (unlikely but maybe)

An early 1st and an early to mid 2nd seems right to me with maybe their 3rd coming back

I tend to agree. He may he worth that in 12 months (unlikely but maybe)

An early 1st and an early to mid 2nd seems right to me with maybe their 3rd coming back

Unless he's dominating 2 firsts is too much. He's had a couple of games where he's kicked multiple goals but there are no guarantees. He'd have to play as a defender if we get him and unless he's Alex Rance that's a lot for a CHB.

Would we have paid 2 firsts for Boyd or Patton, I think we were keen but got rejected. Both looked like what we could do with. If he doesn't come on it would be a crippling price to pay and probably set us back 4 years.

Crouch and Hill are at least known quantities with 5 years left. You pay what you need to. Two firsts is Adam Treloar or Shiel price and they were already near elite but still young.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An interesting read - if we can draft some these mids in the selected team I would be happy.

An interesting read - if we can draft some these mids in the selected team I would be happy.

I think we'll struggle for more than one, unless we think its such a good draft to trade our next years pick + a player for another decent pick this year.

My Hawks mate reckons that the Hawks are unloading some old guys as a package for pick 2 PP. Getting Coniglio for nothing as a FA and getting him at a lot less coin than we and Carlton have offered. If it's true I will vomit. Reckons they will get Anderson and Coniglio while dropping the equal amount off their salary cap and losing guys like Burgoyne who already hardly plays.
I think your Hawks mate has hold of himself, who of there older brigade has any value , Gold coast dont want guys that are near 30 years old , they need blokes that are in the 24-26 yo bracket

Yeh and I'm gonna wake up next to Margot Robbie tomorrow too...

and that was in his underage year!
Was watching him at training last Friday and couldn’t decide if he was a right or left footer.
Much clearer in those highlights.
Clean with both hands too.
It’d be nice to have a midfielder with great double sided disposal.

Was watching him at training last Friday and couldn’t decide if he was a right or left footer.
Much clearer in those highlights.
Clean with both hands too.
It’d be nice to have a midfielder with great double sided disposal.

Don't do this to us! Full bytel training report please

Remove this Banner Ad

Back