List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Was watching him at training last Friday and couldn’t decide if he was a right or left footer.
Much clearer in those highlights.
Clean with both hands too.
It’d be nice to have a midfielder with great double sided disposal.
Everything I've seen of him so far shows he has a ripper attitude and loves the team too

Don't do this to us! Full bytel training report please
He trained as part of the main group with zero evidence of any constraint.
Equally good on either foot, but he is a natural right footer.
Good with his hands and seems reasonably mobile.
Good height to him too.
But it was the last training session though and the boys weren’t flat out.
So it would appear he has recovered from his back injury and based on that and his junior form, I’d say we should be pretty glad we have him fit.

Was watching him at training last Friday and couldn’t decide if he was a right or left footer.
Much clearer in those highlights.
Clean with both hands too.
It’d be nice to have a midfielder with great double sided disposal.

Exactly how often do we see Ross, Dunstan etc trapped on their dominant side with absolutely no answer other than a slapper kick forward, which results in an immediate turnover.

I’d give Tyson Milne a rookie spot based purely on the hope that history repeats. Stephen came from the Essendon reserves onto our rookie list. We know how that turned out!
Voss as well, was meant to be a promising player a few years back.

Just looking at the stats for the year, based on averages per game.
Top 10 for disposals. Ross, Billings, Hannebery, Gresham , Dunstan , Steele, Clark , Savage, Steven, Geary.
Bottom 10. Pierce , Young, Brown, Marsh, Rowe, White , Long, Longer, Parker , McKenzie.

Contested - Top : Dunstan, Marshall, Gresham, Hannebery, Steele, Steven, Ross, Sinclair, Bruce , Billings.
Bottom. Young, Langlands, Brown, Battle , Carlisle, Hind , Coffield, Parker ,Long, Savage, McKenzie.

Efficiency -Top. Brown, McKenzie, Wilkie, Battle , Savage, Longer, Coffield , Phillips*, Carlisle * (wow ).
Worst. Pierce, Kent, Lonie, Armitage , Long, Young, Steven, Gresham, Parker , Bruce.

Clangers, - Least : Brown, Longer, Membrey, Young, Hind , Carlisle , Battle, Coffield , Lonie, McKenzie.
Most : Joyce , Gresham, Armitage, Steven, Marshall, Steele, Billings, Hannebery, Bruce, Newnes.
( Clangers per disposal would be a better stat ).

Marks , Most : Battle, Billings, Coffield, Carlisle, Membrey, Savage, Wilkie, Longer, Langlands, Clark
Least : Young, Joyce, Hind, Rowe, Webster, Brown, Steven, Sinclair, Parker , Marsh.

Contested Marks : White, Bruce, Longer, Membrey, Marsh, Marshall, Rowe, Wilkie, Carlisle , Battle
No contested Marks. Young, Langlands, Hannebery, Phillips, Ross, Dunstan, Hind, Joyce. Pierce.

Marks inside 50: Membrey, Rowe, Kent, Bruce, Langlands, Lonie, Parker, White, Steven Long.

Clearances - Most: Dunstan, Marshall, Hannebery, Gresham, Ross, Steele, Steven , Longer, Sinclair, Acres/
Least : Young, Marsh, White, McKenzie, Battle, Carlilse, Coffield, Membrey, Kent, Wilkie

Centre Clearances. : Dunstan, Longer, Gresham, Hannebery, Marshall, Ross, Steele, Steven, Pierce, Phillips.

Rebounds from 50 per game : Savage, Geary , Webster, Wilkie, Battle, Joyce, Coffield, Billings, Armitage, Paton, Clark.

Tackles : Most. Steele. ( 8 ) - Everyone else , less than 5 . Dunstan , Hannebery, Ross, White, Acres, Marshall, Sinclair, Steven, Clark.
Least : Rowe, Carlisle , Coffield, Phillips, Brown, Membrey, Bruce, Kent, Wilkie, Hind.

I’d give Tyson Milne a rookie spot based purely on the hope that history repeats. Stephen came from the Essendon reserves onto our rookie list. We know how that turned out!

Tim Watson was talking about Milne the other day. He was actually commenting on how , as a coach he wanted to get Milne, but got too focused on his deficiencies as a player that he didn't give him a game. He recognised that at the time, he'd ignored some of the great things Milne was doing, because as a coach he was too concerned about the other stuff.

His point was that sometimes you need to recognise that not all players can do everything and you work around them if they have good traits worth the cost.

The modern game seems to be worse, in that all players are expected to do everything just right.

I wouldn’t the player being offered that might be very nice player ..can’t say who it is sounds very good
option to me from club insider.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Milne junior won’t be offered a rookie spot because that spot is being kept for another player who might be a ‘nice player’ that sounds like a very good option. Was told by a club insider.
I thought we had too many nice players and needed a few campaigners.

Milne junior won’t be offered a rookie spot because that spot is being kept for another player who might be a ‘nice player’ that sounds like a very good option. Was told by a club insider.
Thanks. That’s kind of how i read it.
I don’t really get it tho, if that player is a nice option then wouldn’t they be suitable on the senior list?
I think the AFL should throw away the rookie list and just extend the senior list. It doesn’t really serve any purpose other than you can low ball someone’s wage

Thanks. That’s kind of how i read it.
I don’t really get it tho, if that player is a nice option then wouldn’t they be suitable on the senior list?
I think the AFL should throw away the rookie list and just extend the senior list. It doesn’t really serve any purpose other than you can low ball someone’s wage
It's there to give the Longshots an opportunity without a 2 year contract. Roma might not be playing if not for it, many others too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back