List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Thread

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Keen to get a look at WA v SA this week. Mostly Robertson from WA and Stephens from SA. Both named in the midfield, although very different players.
Stephens had 23 touches and 5 inside 50's in SA's win

Robertson was WA's best again with 32 touches 8 tackles and 5 inside 50's

Both of these guys would be on our radar with a pick likely to be around 7-10

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Doubt Serong lasts to our pick (unless we tumble down the ladder) but he looks like a ripper.
I think it's pretty even after the first 3 or 4, he could end up anywhere I reckon.

He looks like he's got a bit of Gresham about him, similar size. The funny thing about Gresham was going into the draft there was barely a knock on him except for his size. Amazing he lasted to pick 18 when you go back and read his profiles. He was finding stacks of the footy playing through the middle, something Serong hasn't quite done yet, although he looks damaging.

Human Person

Custom title
Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think it's pretty even after the first 3 or 4, he could end up anywhere I reckon.

He looks like he's got a bit of Gresham about him, similar size. The funny thing about Gresham was going into the draft there was barely a knock on him except for his size. Amazing he lasted to pick 18 when you go back and read his profiles. He was finding stacks of the footy playing through the middle, something Serong hasn't quite done yet, although he looks damaging.

I’ll always consider Gresh my man. I remember watching his highlights and reading his stats thy year and having no idea why he wasn’t rated More highly. Was wrapped when we got him.

Sam Flanders and O'neill seem to have stopped getting talked about. Ned was the most hyped of the 17 year olds last year. Forward mid isn't what we need but if he slides down he'd be worth getting on.

Apr 5, 2016
Everywhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
I havent seen him play but the Phantom Draft experts seems to talk him up. His height, kicking and break away speed are exactly what we are screaming for in a midfielder. And another Bendigo boy...

Brodie Kemp
Best position:
Inside midfield/utility
Height, weight: 192cm, 82kg
Recruited from: Bendigo Pioneers
Projected draft range: 3-20
Plays like: Marcus Bontempelli
April Rankings: 6
Rationale: Among the midfielders with the greatest upside in the pool. Clean ball winner with unbelievable acceleration with ball in hand. Impact through the midfield means his stocks rise.
Strengths: Versatility to impact games in any position other than ruck, acceleration, line breaker, movement and evasion through traffic, ground ball winner, intercept marking, reading of the ball in flight, aerial marking, one-on-one marking, leadup marking, contested marking, hurt factor by foot, vision
Weaknesses: Needs to find more of the ball to become a top tier midfielder, consistency over four quarters

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
I havent seen him play but the Phantom Draft experts seems to talk him up. His height, kicking and break away speed are exactly what we are screaming for in a midfielder. And another Bendigo boy...

Brodie Kemp
Best position:
Inside midfield/utility
Rationale: Among the midfielders with the greatest upside in the pool. Clean ball winner with unbelievable acceleration with ball in hand. Impact through the midfield means his stocks rise.
Strengths: Versatility to impact games in any position other than ruck, acceleration, line breaker, movement and evasion through traffic, ground ball winner, intercept marking, reading of the ball in flight, aerial marking, one-on-one marking, leadup marking, contested marking, hurt factor by foot, vision
Weaknesses: Needs to find more of the ball to become a top tier midfielder, consistency over four quarters
How times have changed
Best position: Inside midfield/utility
192 cm LOL

Brodie Kemp
Best position:
Inside midfield/utility
Weaknesses: Needs to find more of the ball to become a top tier midfielder, consistency over four quarters[/QUOTE]

I want the one who easily finds a lot of the ball, not the one who needs to find more.
There are plenty of big guys who just can't get their hands on it.

Brodie Kemp
Best position:
Inside midfield/utility

I want the one who easily finds a lot of the ball, not the one who needs to find more.
There are plenty of big guys who just can't get their hands on it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I always find big accumulators tend to be big accumulators at any level. It's pretty rare to go from a low possession getter to a high possession getter.

There are plenty of big guys who just can't get their hands on it.

Yeah, I always find big accumulators tend to be big accumulators at any level. It's pretty rare to go from a low possession getter to a high possession getter.[/QUOTE]

Run through pack pull ball out, handball to Billings or Gresham.

Apr 5, 2016
Everywhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
If the Giants dont take this kid through their academy selections we should seriously look at him. He is mates with my son as they go to school together but Harry Grant aka Noisy is not big, but super quick and has a huge tank with great skills. Bit of Luke Shuey about him.

https://neafl.com.au/news/rd-11-neafl-rising-star-nominee-harry-grant-113975

The other thing re the Giants is they will get another kid from Canberra called Tom Green who is an academy player, a midfield beast and will be the next super star to come out of the ACT. That being said they have a plethora of midfielders coming through so surely we can steal 1 or 2.

Back