List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If the Giants dont take this kid through their academy selections we should seriously look at him. He is mates with my son as they go to school together but Harry Grant aka Noisy is not big, but super quick and has a huge tank with great skills. Bit of Luke Shuey about him.

https://neafl.com.au/news/rd-11-neafl-rising-star-nominee-harry-grant-113975

The other thing re the Giants is they will get another kid from Canberra called Tom Green who is an academy player, a midfield beast and will be the next super star to come out of the ACT. That being said they have a plethora of midfielders coming through so surely we can steal 1 or 2.

Yeah, Knightmare has Green in the top couple of players in the draft, compares him to Cripps, even the athleticism sounds like the knock on Cripps. Surely they could give us Hopper or Taranto and not be greedy.

2. Thomas Green (GWS Academy)
Best position:
Inside midfield
Height, weight: 188cm, 88kg
Recruited from: GWS
Projected draft range: 3-20
Plays like: Patrick Cripps
April Rankings: 1
Rationale: The most prolific stoppage player and contested ball winner I've seen at this age and stage, with his 2018 Under-18 Championships and NEAFL form his most impressive. Drops one spot due to Anderson's rising stocks.
Strengths: Stoppage work, winning clearances, contested ball winning, distribution by hand, capabilities forward of centre, marking inside 50m, scoreboard impact, production on the board in the NEAFL, evasion, composure, vision, reliable skills.
Weaknesses: Athleticism

Yeah, Knightmare has Green in the top couple of players in the draft, compares him to Cripps, even the athleticism sounds like the knock on Cripps. Surely they could give us Hopper or Taranto and not be greedy.

2. Thomas Green (GWS Academy)
Best position:
Inside midfield
Height, weight: 188cm, 88kg
Recruited from: GWS
Projected draft range: 3-20
Plays like: Patrick Cripps
April Rankings: 1
Rationale: The most prolific stoppage player and contested ball winner I've seen at this age and stage, with his 2018 Under-18 Championships and NEAFL form his most impressive. Drops one spot due to Anderson's rising stocks.
Strengths: Stoppage work, winning clearances, contested ball winning, distribution by hand, capabilities forward of centre, marking inside 50m, scoreboard impact, production on the board in the NEAFL, evasion, composure, vision, reliable skills.
Weaknesses: Athleticism

The rich get richer

If the Giants dont take this kid through their academy selections we should seriously look at him. He is mates with my son as they go to school together but Harry Grant aka Noisy is not big, but super quick and has a huge tank with great skills. Bit of Luke Shuey about him.

https://neafl.com.au/news/rd-11-neafl-rising-star-nominee-harry-grant-113975

The other thing re the Giants is they will get another kid from Canberra called Tom Green who is an academy player, a midfield beast and will be the next super star to come out of the ACT. That being said they have a plethora of midfielders coming through so surely we can steal 1 or 2.
Not putting Canberra down (I can do that by talking about your crazy roads) but what superstars?
I really have no idea.

Not putting Canberra down (I can do that by talking about your crazy roads) but what superstars?
I really have no idea.

James Hird went ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cowboy Neale. If I had a dollar for every time my dad banged on about him and his 1966 GF performance , I'd be a rich rich man.

He was pretty successful in business after footy as well.
But .....he must have retired, and maybe we did draft him.

According to he Wikipedia page.

Neale currently works at the St Kilda Football Club as Coterie & Support Groups Manager.

What’s Robertson’s style ?

From Knightmare again, the link is in my last post.

20. Deven Robertson
Best position:
Inside midfield
Height, weight: 182cm, 75kg
Recruited from: Perth
Projected draft range: 10-50
Plays like: Nathan Jones
Rationale: Nephew of Darren Glass, Robertson is one of the most productive ball-winning midfielders in the pool.
Strengths: Production, attack on the ball, contested ball winning, stoppage work, work rate, endurance, speed, agility, tackling, pressure around the ground
Weaknesses: X-factor, scoreboard impact

20. Deven Robertson
Best position:
Inside midfield
Rationale: Nephew of Darren Glass, Robertson is one of the most productive ball-winning midfielders in the pool.
Strengths: Production, attack on the ball, contested ball winning, stoppage work, work rate, endurance, speed, agility, tackling, pressure around the ground

Would we be taking him too early with our pick. He's one of the ones that appeals to me.

20. Deven Robertson
Best position:
Inside midfield
You're quoting a bloke who says Jack Lukosius is the greatest under 18 player he's ever seen, how he got the ESPN gig is beyond me.

Would we be taking him too early with our pick. He's one of the ones that appeals to me.

Honestly I haven't seen a full game of him. The only video of his highlights is from when he was in nappies still...was a gun though.

You're quoting a bloke who says Jack Lukosius is the greatest under 18 player he's ever seen, how he got the ESPN gig is beyond me.

He cops a bad wrap KM but he's alright, no worse than most AFL recruiters draft experts to be honest. If we'd used him instead of Trout we'd be ahead of where we are now.

And if he says Production one more f ing time i will spew , its like the idiots calling players quarterbacks , lets just stick with half back flankers and output please

He cops a bad wrap KM but he's alright, no worse than most AFL recruiters draft experts to be honest. If we'd used him instead of Trout we'd be ahead of where we are now.

What he does do is document his information very well.
Which makes it easy for know-nothings like me to use as a resource.

What he does do is document his information very well.
Which makes it easy for know-nothings like me to use as a resource.

Yeah he pretty good at making it all accessible to plebs. It's a better format than Cal Twomey too, he has little grabs or articles but nothing in permanent format that can be checked back on. KM puts his ball up on the counter and is always pretty happy to justify his calls when you question him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back