List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What he does do is document his information very well.
Which makes it easy for know-nothings like me to use as a resource.
Exactly this. He ensures that I, who have no intention at looking at youth footy have at least a reasonable idea who what and why we might want to target and irrationally get excited about them.

I am very grateful that he posts and look forward to his lists every year.

I want the one who easily finds a lot of the ball, not the one who needs to find more.
There are plenty of big guys who just can't get their hands on it.

Yeah, I always find big accumulators tend to be big accumulators at any level. It's pretty rare to go from a low possession getter to a high possession getter.
[/QUOTE]
yeah, who cares if they can actually play football, big accumulators ftw. Case in point, Seb Ross on the weekend.. he was everywhere!

*spudding it up

Yeah, I always find big accumulators tend to be big accumulators at any level. It's pretty rare to go from a low possession getter to a high possession getter.
yeah, who cares if they can actually play football, big accumulators ftw. Case in point, Seb Ross on the weekend.. he was everywhere!

*spudding it up
[/QUOTE]

Seb is a poor disposer under pressure, he's ideally suited to being a gaff type where he's never under a lot of strain. I'm more talking about inside ball winners specifically anyway. Matt Crouch was overlooked despite looking like he would set records for disposal most weeks. Tom Mitchell was left out of the Swans despite getting 50 disposals a week at NEAFL level. Lyons was let go to Brisbane, despite being like what we needed we didn't look at him.

Seb is a poor disposer under pressure, he's ideally suited to being a gaff type where he's never under a lot of strain.
Thats quite flattering, I think his disposal is shithouse even when there is no pressure.

Looking back at his B&F year, from memory he played more as an inside mid distributing the ball to others? Stats show he handballed a bit more.

From Knightmare again, the link is in my last post.

20. Deven Robertson
Best position:
Inside midfield
Height, weight: 182cm, 75kg
Recruited from: Perth
Projected draft range: 10-50
Plays like: Nathan Jones
Rationale: Nephew of Darren Glass, Robertson is one of the most productive ball-winning midfielders in the pool.
Strengths: Production, attack on the ball, contested ball winning, stoppage work, work rate, endurance, speed, agility, tackling, pressure around the ground
Weaknesses: X-factor, scoreboard impact
Another midget

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they're gonna have a midfield to rival Brisbane's and West Coast's in their premiership years

gift

They already aren't too far off. Imagine if they'd kept guys like Treloar as well. Cogs, Hopper, Taranto, Kelly, Ward and De Boer for grunt and hardness, Whitfield who plays off half back, Greene who plays forward now, Caldwell and Hately in reserve, Bonar not even getting looked at, Perryman and Hill on the side.

It's seriously an embarrassment of riches. Taranto and Hopper have only just started, in 4 years when they are peaking......FFs they will eat us.

They already aren't too far off. Imagine if they'd kept guys like Treloar as well. Cogs, Hopper, Taranto, Kelly, Ward and De Boer for grunt and hardness, Whitfield who plays off half back, Greene who plays forward now, Caldwell and Hately in reserve, Bonar not even getting looked at, Perryman and Hill on the side.

It's seriously an embarrassment of riches. Taranto and Hopper have only just started, in 4 years when they are peaking......FFs they will eat us.

Interesting though, with all the talent they’ve had you have to feel they are underperforming not having won at least one flag by now.

Interesting though, with all the talent they’ve had you have to feel they are underperforming not having won at least one flag by now.

Yeah, I reckon Davis, Ward and De Boer are hard working but a lot of others get by on talent, they need a Ross Lyon type coach who just picks them up by the balls.

Add in: Hately, Caldwell, Bonar & Green who haven’t played a game basically. They’ll lose some as they get older, simply don’t have enough room to play them all. It’s beyond unfair.

Add in: Hately, Caldwell, Bonar & Green who haven’t played a game basically. They’ll lose some as they get older, simply don’t have enough room to play them all. It’s beyond unfair.

Nah, it’s equalisation...they have to be compensated for their lack of supporters :rolleyes:

Nah, it’s equalisation...they have to be compensated for their lack of supporters :rolleyes:

Unfortunately they set the club up correctly taking a lot of pain first couple of years .

Every time they trade a player they get 2 further draft picks .

Buy low / Sell high

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back