List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Indicitive draft order

51, 82, 100

What will be our needs going into the draft?

After taking Max King at pick 4 in 2018, we will most likely target a midfielder with our first pick in 2019.

Our recruiters have targeted inside mids over the last two drafts with Hunter Clark and Jack Bytel, so whilst I think we will most likely pick the best available mid, we would really be looking at someone with clean skills and hurt factor on the outside.

Last edited:

i'm finding it harder and harder to get excited about the draft now. i couldn't even tell you who the top prospects are.

Rowel and Answorth.
I’m not sure if it’s less publicised this year or what, but there’s certainly isn’t the same buzz around this year draft as the last two. Not a bad year to trade a pick for a player.

Rowel and Answorth.
I’m not sure if it’s less publicised this year or what, but there’s certainly isn’t the same buzz around this year draft as the last two. Not a bad year to trade a pick for a player.
We don't really have any picks to trade apart from our first and it's hard to make a top 10 pick bad even in shallow drafts...

Indicitive draft order

Picks 7, 56 (GC), 69 (WC), 79

What will be our needs going into the draft?

After taking Max King at pick 4 in 2018, we will most likely target a midfielder with our first pick in 2019.

Our recruiters have targeted inside mids over the last two drafts with Hunter Clark and Jack Bytel, so whilst I think we will most likely pick the best available mid, we would really be looking at someone with clean skills and hurt factor on the outside.
Really need some more outside run and class , someone who can run and hit a target , we need to hope like hell Hunter and Jack Bytel can be the inside mids we need , big pre season for those two is crucial for us going forward . Id say another ruck as both longer and lewis have to go years end

Mids mid and more mids with our early picks (I’m assuming we get more picks to work with like we did last year) then just use our later picks for a couple of state league ruckmen to be backup for Marshall. Our biggest needs by far.

Cannot believe those Adelaide kents are almost guaranteed to get pick #1... But on the flipside, the Carlton pain will be glorious.
Not just that either.. They get Carlton's second pick - which currently stands at pick 19..

Just incredible.. They will end up only a few spots worse than top spot and get picks 1, 19 compared to pick 18..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty keen on this kid. Slick midfielder that can play inside and outside, only lightly framed but playing senior footy in the SANFL, clean hands and terrific skills.

View attachment 687530

My chest hair weighs more than this kid.. does have the skills and playing senior SANFL - so clearly stronger than my back hair.

Pretty keen on this kid. Slick midfielder that can play inside and outside, only lightly framed but playing senior footy in the SANFL, clean hands and terrific skills.

View attachment 687530

Sucks so much that two top 3 players were potential father sons, Young by three games, Anderson by 30 something. Being s**t meant those guys were moved on as we tried to rebuild sides they were in. Stability works for the present and the future, unfortunately it's never ben our thing.

* Melbourne too, getting reward for being useless for a year.

Not just that either.. They get Carlton's second pick - which currently stands at pick 19..

Just incredible.. They will end up only a few spots worse than top spot and get picks 1, 19 compared to pick 18..

I posted in the other thread...

We should offer our 2019 & 2020 1sts for 1 and 19 (prob settle for 1 & 29)

It's time to get bold imo. We need absolute stars and rowell / anderson have star written all over them.

Adel still get pick 7 (at this stage) which would net them Stephens - a local SA boy or that man child CHB who's name escapes me *

Edit- * Will Gould

I posted in the other thread...

We should offer our 2019 & 2020 1sts for 1 and 19 (prob settle for 1 & 29)

It's time to get bold imo. We need absolute stars and rowell / anderson have star written all over them.

Adel still get pick 7 (at this stage) which would net them Stephens - a local SA boy or that man child CHB who's name escapes me *

Edit- * Will Gould
Makes sense from our end.. Think it would be 1 & 29.. but I'd still do it.

Rowell and Anderson look ideal for us.. I lean to Anderson and given his old man is on our board - would be a good story.

Still get pick 29 for a drifter/smokey and we have tended to use those picks really well of late.

We need bold.. We need elite mids to team up with King and Bytel & Clark in the future.

The only thing with trading next years pick, will be our strategy for getting Bing back home.

Rowel and Answorth.

I don’t think we can trade our first can because we don’t have a second? We’d need one of them coming back. I could be wrong tho?

Cooper Stephens is who i want....absolute jet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back