List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

King will put bums on seats and sit on heads for the next decade. Me neither.

We could have a midfield so good we'd make Bruce look top shelf.

I reckon King will make Seb’s lollipop kicks inside 50 look like he’s Banger Harvey.

To be honest I can't wait to see him in the side. Hope he's everything we ever dreamed of and more. We need our Plugger or Barks for the bleak times.

We'll never be put in a position where a side would sell off two elite players for a draft pick and a potential gun luckily. I'd break and regret it later when Kelly did a knee and the Tarantula couldn't get the ball with out 4 other elite mids around him.

I did the ladder predictor & have us finishing 15th with 7 wins. The wins against GC & Carlton. I’m not confident enough to pick us against North x 2, Lions (home) Dogs or Dees. Scope is there to win a few more. But on current prediction I have us with pick 4 in the draft. Surely there’s guns around that pick?

If you’re right then that’s a disaster. The coach wouldn’t last until the end if that happens. Pressure would become irresistible to force a change.

Seven wins would probably net us pick 3. I think NM, Melbourne, Bulldogs and Swans will all win more than 7 games. Only Gold Coast and Carlton will win less than 7 games.

I think we’ll win about 10 games. Leaving us with a pick in the 6-8 range.

1 and 2 for Ming and 7.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cats and pigeons.

I wouldn’t be including 7 in the deal. Picks 1 & 2 on their own.

Then we’d have to at least consider it. I really don’t know what I’d do considering King should’ve been pick 1 and he loves the Saints. He will probably be a gun.

Gutsy call either way. A lot would depend on how good picks 1 & 2 are compared to previous seasons.

I’d be inclined to say no, but it stops and makes you think.

If you’re right then that’s a disaster. The coach wouldn’t last until the end if that happens. Pressure would become irresistible to force a change.

Seven wins would probably net us pick 3. I think NM, Melbourne, Bulldogs and Swans will all win more than 7 games. Only Gold Coast and Carlton will win less than 7 games.

I think we’ll win about 10 games. Leaving us with a pick in the 6-8 range.

Despite a favourable draw there’s no certain wins. The way we play we let teams stay in the game until the death. Very rare that we put a big gap on the opposition because of our poor conversion & the way we constantly allow our opponents to get on a role.

The Gold Coast match is a real danger game. Lose that game & the players will have no confidence.

I get the vibe that Richo is not the type to walk so I can see him staying put until the final siren of the final round & even then security at Moorabbin will need to drag him out of the building.

Despite a favourable draw there’s no certain wins. The way we play we let teams stay in the game until the death. Very rare that we put a big gap on the opposition because of our poor conversion & the way we constantly allow our opponents to get on a role.

The Gold Coast match is a real danger game. Lose that game & the players will have no confidence.

I get the vibe that Richo is not the type to walk so I can see him staying put until the final siren of the final round & even then security at Moorabbin will need to drag him out of the building.

If we lose to Gold Coast then the pressure will really be on. Patience among the rank and file is thin. The reality is in a few weeks Richardson will be our second longest serving coach with nothing to show for it. Absolutely nothing.

And I don’t see the media not piling in either.

Really hope we win because, believe it or not, we are still in striking distance of the 8. Momentum can turn either way.

If we lose to Gold Coast then the pressure will really be on. Patience among the rank and file is thin. The reality is in a few weeks Richardson will be our second longest serving coach with nothing to show for it. Absolutely nothing.

And I don’t see the media not piling in either.

Really hope we win because, believe it or not, we are still in striking distance of the 8. Momentum can turn either way.

No doubt the pressure will come but Richo is like an old mule. He’s as stubborn as they come & he will absorb any pressure that comes his way. I reckon he’ll just shut his office door with a do not disturb sign & play solitaire.

No doubt the pressure will come but Richo is like an old mule. He’s as stubborn as they come & he will absorb any pressure that comes his way. I reckon he’ll just shut his office door with a do not disturb sign & play solitaire.

It’s not his decision. It’s the responsibility of the board. Would they pull the trigger if the cause is forlorn before round 23? I’d be surprised.

But you’re right about the coach. He has a hide as tough as a rhino. He won’t walk away.

What if we offered this years first and next years first to Adelaide for Pick 1 and one of the Crouch bros? Or if that’s too much our way, maybe Ellis Yolmen?

I reckon King will make Seb’s lollipop kicks inside 50 look like he’s Banger Harvey.

I told all of you, our long and high inside 50 kicks are just practising to perfect it for when the King arrives on the scene. ;)

What if we offered this years first and next years first to Adelaide for Pick 1 and one of the Crouch bros? Or if that’s too much our way, maybe Ellis Yolmen?

I think CE-Y is a FA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think the Crows would trade pick 1 unless it involved a pick very close to pick 1, and even then they would be reluctant. They would look to leverage a deal that was heavily in their favour.

It is possible the Crows will end up with pick 2, which will dilute their bargaining power. I sense Gold Coast may be the club to deal with in relation to pick 1, indeed had they not snatched a last gasp win against Carlton a few weeks ago they would be 18th now.

I reckon it's a huge risk, I think I'd rather 2 picks and hope. How many good players went between 3 and 10 compared with pick 1. It seems pick 1 has a lower percentage chance of being the best player in their draft year to me.

Depending on the draft, it would seem to make sense , that if you had pick 1, trade it for 2 later first rounders.

Got to say i was very impressed with the Gresham scouting, and If we hadn't got Carlisle , who would we have got ?

David Swallow vs 2 of : Heppel , Prestia , Smith, Jacobs, Atley
Patton vs 2 of : Greene, Docherty, Smith , Ellis, Adams.
Whitfield....um keep him.
Boyd vs 2 of : Salem, Sheed, Lennon, Cripps, Jones
Paddy vs 2 of: Ellis, Wright, Weller, Lever
Weitering vs 2 of : Weiderman, McKay, Milera, Rioli, Gresham
McGrath.... i'd keep.
Raynor vs 2 of Clark...Coffield..DOH ....well it was a good theory.

There'll be an opportunity to extract caldwell and/or Bonar with GWS wanting to move up the order. Tom Green will cost them both of their r1 picks, but if we end up with p4/5 then they will want it to protect their remaining picks. Green would replace Cauldwell on their list quite nicely.

There'll be an opportunity to extract caldwell and/or Bonar with GWS wanting to move up the order. Tom Green will cost them both of their r1 picks, but if we end up with p4/5 then they will want it to protect their remaining picks. Green would replace Cauldwell on their list quite nicely.

I would do pick 5 for Caldwell & Bonar.

Why would Greene cost 2 first rounders at the draft with him being academy? Ami missing something?

I would do pick 5 for Caldwell & Bonar.

That would either be Carlton as * or genius depending on how they turn out. Jarrod Pickett just walked from them I heard. GWS must have dumped all their trash on them.

I’ve got more trust in those 2 than whoever we pick at pick 5 in the draft. I doubt GWS do it though.

If Caldwell is as good as Mikka's scout says I reckon they'd be very keen to keep him. If he wants home he'll be courted and I think they'd love a club to offer a top 5 pick for him. I have heard Bonar isn't setting the world on fire and if they could get overs as a double up it wouldn't be bad for them.

It's not bad for them to upgrade while still holding onto Kelly, Whitfield, Taranto and the Rabbit. Still a filthy midfield and if Cogs stays it's even more arousing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back