List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

[B]Dylan Atkinson[/B]‏ @[B]Dyl35[/B]

Keep in mind with any St Kilda trade that they’ll need points in 2019 for academy ruck Biggy Nyuon, who is shaping as a top 40 pick. Father sons Tyson Milne & Jackson Voss appear to be late/rookie picks (if at all) with academy players Jacquin Misfud & Ben Krongold unlikely.

1:39 PM - 10 Oct 2018
I believe now clubs can go into deficit on points which are subtracted from the next years bottom picks. IIRC

There’s a good chance we finish below Melbourne tbh.

Any chance of Rowell or Anderson slipping to 3?
Would be a dream, Anderson the more likely to slip to 3. Only player I could see going above him is probably Hayden young depending on if the team was picking on a needs based selection.

Would be a dream, Anderson the more likely to slip to 3. Only player I could see going above him is probably Hayden young depending on if the team was picking on a needs based selection.
Adelaide having Carltons pick may be a chance. They are sorted on the inside and may favour a top 10 South Australian like Stephens than a top 2 inter-stater with some additional benefits...

Would a swap of next years 1sts be enough to swap 2-3 - I would do it if I were them, but Anderson being a likely forward initially may mean the Crows see him as a perfect fit?

Don't think that there is any doubt that a swap of next year's first round picks would certainly be enough to see us move up one place this year.

Adelaide having Carltons pick may be a chance. They are sorted on the inside and may favour a top 10 South Australian like Stephens than a top 2 inter-stater with some additional benefits...

Would a swap of next years 1sts be enough to swap 2-3 - I would do it if I were them, but Anderson being a likely forward initially may mean the Crows see him as a perfect fit?

That I think is our best chance - Adelaide want a local or KP player. Of course Anderson also has strong ties to Saints with father Dean on the board. Pick 3 gives us some sort of chance of making it happen but it is a very strong draft for mids all the way through the top 20.

Stephens no where near the same ilk as Anderson imo. They most likely pick best available and that is Anderson.

Don't think that there is any doubt that a swap of next year's first round picks would certainly be enough to see us move up one place this year.

Yeah but next year there will be good players and pick 1 or 2 becomes pick 16. No wasting future picks please. Pick 3 to 6 should still get a gun.

Yeah but next year there will be good players and pick 1 or 2 becomes pick 16. No wasting future picks please. Pick 3 to 6 should still get a gun.
2 to 4 for us this year don't lose faith

De Goey / Taranto bolter? I’m on board

I'm actually excited by the draft again now footy has finished early for the year. I reckon there will be some guns around our pick. Melbourne would be crazy to go for mids if they are above us. Need a gun small forward so might jump early on one. Could go Kemp or someone but he's a lot like Petracca and Neil Bullen.

I'm actually excited by the draft again now footy has finished early for the year. I reckon there will be some guns around our pick. Melbourne would be crazy to go for mids if they are above us. Need a gun small forward so might jump early on one. Could go Kemp or someone but he's a lot like Petracca and Neil Bullen.
best draft since last year I'm hearing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to AFL site (and Tony Cochrane), Gold Coast will ask for a priority pick this year. They want picks 1 and 2.

If that happens we get hurt again. We went from pick 3 to pick 4 last year as a result of Lynch’s free agency move to Richmond.

More draft picks don’t help Gold Coast. There is a fair chance their first three picks from last year will all want to leave. They have an issue retaining players which they have to fix. Extra charity draft picks don’t help them with the their underlying problems.

Gold Coast haven’t played finals in 9 years. Saints haven’t played finals in 8 years. If they get an extra pick so should we. And in my view neither club should get one.

If the AFL wants to really help us lower the Father/Son threshold to under 100 games to say 75 games. Anderson and Young then are ours. How stiff are we that their fathers each played more than 90 games for the club. Dead set unlucky when you consider father/son eligibility has gone from 25 games, to 50 and now 100.

If that happens we get hurt again. We went from pick 3 to pick 4 last year as a result of Lynch’s free agency move to Richmond.

More draft picks don’t help Gold Coast. There is a fair chance their first three picks from last year will all want to leave. They have an issue retaining players which they have to fix. Extra charity draft picks don’t help them with the their underlying problems.

Gold Coast haven’t played finals in 9 years. Saints haven’t played finals in 8 years. If they get an extra pick so should we. And in my view neither club should get one.

If the AFL wants to really help us lower the Father/Son threshold to under 100 games to say 75 games. Anderson and Young then are ours. How stiff are we that their fathers each played more than 90 games for the club. Dead set unlucky when you consider father/son eligibility has gone from 25 games, to 50 and now 100.
getting the players to decrease their say on where they play is the only thing that will help Gold Coast until the investment in grass roots bears fruit through their academy

If it was highest bidder for FAs for instance, it would help us as well and might actually be the equalisation method they thought it would be.

According to AFL site (and Tony Cochrane), Gold Coast will ask for a priority pick this year. They want picks 1 and 2.

This is where Lethlean needs to earn his salary.
In my opinion, the bottom 10 teams get picks 1-10 and then pick again 11-20.
Then the top 8 teams start.

Tony what’s his name can have 1 and 11.
Unless of course we get a priority pick for losing all of Jack, Robbo and Paddy due to unusual circumstances ( fat chance that happens!)

getting the players to decrease their say on where they play is the only thing that will help Gold Coast until the investment in grass roots bears fruit through their academy

If it was highest bidder for FAs for instance, it would help us as well and might actually be the equalisation method they thought it would be.

I get what you are saying, but Gold Coast have to ensure that they are an attractive place to both play football and to live. I would’ve thought it would’ve been easier than it has become but I’m from an older generation.

Limiting the ability of players to have choice is a slippery slope which the AFL are worried about. That’s when the competition rules can be potentially challenged. I don’t think the AFL will go down that track.

Having an extra draft pick does nothing for Gold Coast to address their lack of desirability to young players. They could do worse than to look at how Brisbane has done it.

I get what you are saying, but Gold Coast have to ensure that they are an attractive place to both play football and to live. I would’ve thought it would’ve been easier than it has become but I’m from an older generation.

Limiting the ability of players to have choice is a slippery slope which the AFL are worried about. That’s when the competition rules can be potentially challenged. I don’t think the AFL will go down that track.

Having an extra draft pick does nothing for Gold Coast to address their lack of desirability to young players. They could do worse than to look at how Brisbane has done it.
Agree that a pick is just a band aid and I agree that the players as a whole need to signup and some hefty carrots provided to avoid challenge - should have been a key pillar to the last cash deal in my view...

I'll be filthy if GC got a PP ahead of us. Don't think it'll happen though as I don't think it helps them.

They can't keep players. I'd be happy for the AFL to give them a higher salary cap until they are competitive again.

I also think clubs should have the choice of signing first round draft picks on 4 year deals.

If they are going to use the argument they deserve one because haven't played finals since 2011, then we should get one.

If I was Lethers and GC were granted a priority pick. I would set up shop in afl house and not move until we are granted one too.

I’d expect Carlton to be not far behind us for that matter.

Joke of a suggestion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back