List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Thread

Yeah I think that's the best we can hope for. Anyone expecting more is setting themselves up for disappointment I reckon.

We are going to lose Stuv for not a lot.

Freo are going to play hard ball with Hill.

If we can get Hill as well as a couple of 2nd round picks or Constable then that's a win for us in a very even draft.

It's a bit sad that we are so resigned to get shafted that we are championing giving into anything Freo demand and preparing to lubricate ourselves for a reaming from Geelong. As if the Cats are willing to wait a full year for Steven. They will be having to make calls on their raging list by then if they haven't managed to get a premiership.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
It's a bit sad that we are so resigned to get shafted that we are championing giving into anything Freo demand and preparing to lubricate ourselves for a reaming from Geelong. As if the Cats are willing to wait a full year for Steven. They will be having to make calls on their raging list by then if they haven't managed to get a premiership.
They are very different cases though unfortunately. I'd be willing to bet if it were Jack Billings requesting a trade we would be acting very differently.

They are very different cases though unfortunately. I'd be willing to bet if it were Jack Billings requesting a trade we would be acting very differently.

Of course we would be pissed off if Billings was leaving but it doesn't mean Essendon would have given us 3 first rounders for him. People would have given up our first round pick swapped with the swans second last year for Hanners. People aren't rational.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Of course we would be pi**ed off if Billings was leaving but it doesn't mean Essendon would have given us 3 first rounders for him. People would have given up our first round pick swapped with the swans second last year for Hanners. People aren't rational.
What people are you talking about??

The_Snake26

Team Captain
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Come on Mikka, Gellongs 2nd is going to be about pick 40.
So Stuv is worth about the same as Newens???
No way man, that's crazy negativity. Snap out of it!!!
If Geelong win the GF their 2nd rounder is pick 36. I don’t expect them to win, i think they’ll go bang bang out in straight sets. They’re not that good, as evidenced over the last 4-5 games. Which puts their pick at about 30. I think Stuv is worth 18-25. Pick 30 and a player might be there abouts. If I’m on the saints negotiating team I’d start at their first rounder, second scenario Id go for Parfitt, third up at 2nd rounder and cockatoo, fourth option 2nd, Constable and Abbot.

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
If Geelong win the GF their 2nd rounder is pick 36. I don’t expect them to win, i think they’ll go bang bang out in straight sets. They’re not that good, as evidenced over the last 4-5 games. Which puts their pick at about 30. I think Stuv is worth 18-25. Pick 30 and a player might be there abouts. If I’m on the saints negotiating team I’d start at their first rounder, second scenario Id go for Parfitt, third up at 2nd rounder and cockatoo, fourth option 2nd, Constable and Abbot.
Add 5 places to the pick number for academy selections. The funny thing is, in this situation, assuming Kelly leaves, Stuv's value to the cats goes up. The Cats have to pull the trigger whilst their window is open and that's worth heaps for trade leverage. History shows that opinions on player values mean nothing compared with the final deal. If the Cats get a top 10 pick from Freo then their first is fair game in context.

TheJackal

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
I saw some highlights of Narkle recently, almost Stuv-like explosiveness in the middle. Is only 21 and contracted until 2020, but so is Jack so I'd be asking the question there too. Add him to the wish list of players I'd ask about.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
I saw some highlights of Narkle recently, almost Stuv-like explosiveness in the middle. Is only 21 and contracted until 2020, but so is Jack so I'd be asking the question there too. Add him to the wish list of players I'd ask about.
Watched him live at port last week he’s an absolute jet I hope we go after him.

I think he was named in this weeks squad so hopefully puts on a show.

I can’t see them trading Narkle unfortunately kids a star

I wanted him at the draft because he was Phil Narkles relative but I haven't seen him play AFL, he seems to struggle to get games and would be behind Parfitt and Cockatoo as a pacy outside running type. Geelong have so many good kids, their youth side would beat our seniors. Anyone who wants to see good drafting should watch what they do. Narkle was nearly the last player picked in his draft year from memory.

They could lose Narkle and Constable without even noticing.

Ads734

Premiership Player
Jan 24, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
I wanted him at the draft because he was Phil Narkles relative but I haven't seen him play AFL, he seems to struggle to get games and would be behind Parfitt and Cockatoo as a pacy outside running type. Geelong have so many good kids, their youth side would beat our seniors. Anyone who wants to see good drafting should watch what they do. Narkle was nearly the last player picked in his draft year from memory.

They could lose Narkle and Constable without even noticing.
Yep I was a huge fan in his draft year I ranked 13/14th just a great mover and inside/outside

I hope most of the posters wanting to trade Stuv have changed their minds after todays game.

I still don't thin a single person wanted him traded, most understood if he wanted out due to personal reasons.

I'm very happy to call in a mediator and go along with whatever they decide.
I'd hate for the Cats to be accused of unfairly taking advantage of a mental condition to suit their own ends.

I'm very happy to call in a mediator and go along with whatever they decide.
I'd hate for the Cats to be accused of unfairly taking advantage of a mental condition to suit their own ends.

Hopefully it’s a moot point and he stays.

Saintsman33

Senior List
Mar 8, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
We might not have to worry about our first rounder this year...Caro seems to think that Bing is going to leave the Suns this year.

Mentioned it up twice on Footy Classified last night, look at how sheepish Lloyd looks after the first mention :tearsofjoy:

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
We might not have to worry about our first rounder this year...Caro seems to think that Bing is going to leave the Suns this year.

Mentioned it up twice on Footy Classified last night, look at how sheepish Lloyd looks after the first mention :tearsofjoy:

Either way I don't think we end up with our current pick. It'll be used for Hill if it isn't used for Bing

stfan

The Fan in Waiting
Mar 12, 2008
Melb
AFL Club
St Kilda

Doubt it.

Hill likely.

Doubt the Cats will give us a first rounder for Steven. Maybe Constable though.

Only way I see us still having a first rounder is if we can swap our first round pick for two of GWS's. Not sure Freo will be happy with that as picks are currently 12 and 13. If Essendon slides out of the 8 the 12 could become a 8-10 though. Mind you the higher the Saints finish, the less likely that deal will be and the Swans could well pounce instead.

Oct 13, 2014
Moorabbin
AFL Club
St Kilda
Doubt it.

Hill likely.

Doubt the Cats will give us a first rounder for Steven. Maybe Constable though.

Only way I see us still having a first rounder is if we can swap our first round pick for two of GWS's. Not sure Freo will be happy with that as picks are currently 12 and 13. If Essendon slides out of the 8 the 12 could become a 8-10 though. Mind you the higher the Saints finish, the less likely that deal will be and the Swans could well pounce instead.
I read Constable had 41 touches and 1 goal on weekend at VFL. When was the last time one of our youngsters had those type of numbers in VFL? I think Constable will be a very nice compensation if Stuv goes to Cats. If they throw in Abbot for a back up ruck option. Its about right IMO

I reckon Gubby Allen will be all over a swap with GWS

Lenny2020

Cancelled
Feb 6, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Does anyone know how Kemp did his ACL?

I’ve been wondering that too.

Was it an impact injury like King’s or was it from changing direction?

Still, I think the probability of another rupture increases a lot after the first rupture, regardless of how it happened.

Happy to be corrected.

Back