List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Thread

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
Pick 5 to Freo for Hill with a second round back. We need to get back into the draft/
If we use p5 in the Hill trade I'll fair dinkum puke.
Many posters have put up much better realistic options to get that deal done, and p5 is right in the sweat spot of the draft.
Trade Jake, Stuv, Seb and a couple of others to acquire some value and hardball freo coz you can bet they'll try and bend us over.

I'd do p5 for Bing or Caldwell and change. After that l struggle to justify it for any of the possibilities mentioned.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2016
Everywhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Last year was a freak draft.

Anderson will take a few years before he’s playing through the mids

He is a big boy, he might play quicker than we think. Would be rapt if we could get him with his dad on the board and an ex Saints player. Its interesting his dad supports us after playing in 2 flags at Hawthorn.

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
No chance unfortunately. Has it ever happened that someone’s traded pick 1 for a pick and a player?

Has it ever happened that someone's traded pick 2 for a Weller?

Idiots gonna idiot

Im disappointed by the lack of Jacks being discussed in this thread . We need to keep the tradition going . We must bring in at least one Jack per season . If no Jacks available then i will accept Josh , Jade , Jimmy , Jake and even John . Can you work out the connection ? lol

The_Snake26

Team Captain
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Trent Croad? Got Hawks the Luke Hodge pick?
Croad and McPharlin went for 1, 20 & 36.
Pick 20 was a bust, but pick 36 was....Sam Mitchell. Amazing
3 years later in 2004 they drafted Roughead, Franklin and Lewis. Again, amazing drafting.
10 years later they had 4 flags.
2 drafts they absolutely nailed.
Everyone credits Pelchen for building that side but he didn’t get there until the start of 2005. Their superstars were already there

Ok , who has a good memory of last years draft . I just came across this video on youtube . Im not sure who has done it but i would be interested to see how many picks they got right . My first thought is not many lol. But i could be wrong .

Croad and McPharlin went for 1, 20 & 36.
Pick 20 was a bust, but pick 36 was....Sam Mitchell. Amazing
3 years later in 2004 they drafted Roughead, Franklin and Lewis. Again, amazing drafting.
10 years later they had 4 flags.
2 drafts they absolutely nailed.
Everyone credits Pelchen for building that side but he didn’t get there until the start of 2005. Their superstars were already there

2 years later Croad came back in exchange for a pick in one of the crappiest drafts ever.

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
We must find a way to draft in Flanders!
You know he believes in the Saints
Has an awesome rig and being the owner of the
Leftorium he gives us a point of difference!

Plus he already has 2 boys in Rodd and Todd
So Father son possibilities are high
Though not convinced on the masculinity of the 2 lads!
But his cheery disposition and clean cut living means he
Has to be good role model for the rest of the lads!

Only knock is he may have the rest of the boys
Feeling rather intimidated in the showers
With that monstrosity he has going on!

Get Flanders= Okily Dokily!
Do it Saints...You know it makes sense!

Back