List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Would it be fair to say that selection crew would have more than a good insight into what Biggy has to offer in terms of development....now him going to the Tigers may equally prove to be the better extension of his development...for his part hes lost nothing and arguably got a fantastic chance to impress at a currently high achieving club.

Tigers have so many great players on their list Biggy can learn a lot and yet be turned over by them within a year or two, if he doesnt exactly fit, without loosing a lot of cred as a future player because of the depth of their list, so in the near future we could get him back if we have the will, patience, faith and 'Need'. He more than likely wasn't going to play seniors for us for a few years anyway.

Sure, there is always the fact that he may be an inspired pick up for them and we loose but the options are still out there if we really believe he is a long term prospect that needs a lot of tending. Anyway wasn't he the defender type and how many defender types do we have already.....its kind of a win win really for him and us. It doesn't have to be that we didn't rate him. The obligation to see him continue his development and garner opportunities from having been part of the Academy is fulfilled as well.

The Tigers have Mabior Chol too. They should be able to bond together being of similar backgrounds. It makes a massive difference to have bonds inside the club.

Yeah that’s my feeling on it.

As a passionate Saints fan I gladly lap up all the news that emanates from our club. We receive regular updates about the NGA and it gives us a little bit of hope hope. Of course our Academy draws from a zone that appears far less fertile than those of our rival clubs. Nonetheless we’ve heard for a couple of years now about how we have “Biggy” coming through.

This could be the lucky break our poor club (and its fans) has been waiting for. Forget about points being called goals and stupid bounces, this time the Saints will get lucky. Just like we were pumped up to get an Irish Wayne Carey clone named Tommy Walsh, we would now be getting a Sudanese superman named Bigoa Nyuon.

Occasionally I would read some articles quoting some U18s watchers who would report on a couple of nice things Biggy did and mention his athleticism and potential.

I’ve never actually seen him play but I did follow his progress on the NAB app. I wanted to get excited about his pending arrival but the reality was that every time I checked his stats I was extremely underwhelmed. Even more so than those of Jackson Voss and Tyson Milne.

The club elected not to draft him and that has caused a bit of angst. They also chose not to draft Voss or Milne and that has not even caused a murmur. We had access to all three and I can only assume we simply don’t rate them as worthy of being drafted.

I’m disappointed, but more so about the Academy (and Father/Son) so far failing to deliver us any goodies while at the same time rival clubs seem to continue to benefit from these things.

Sigh.

Oh well I’ll now have to rest all my hopes on Jack Peris 🙏

Wouldn’t lose faith spoke to Nicky Dal at function the other night , he was little disappointed that Biggy
is not on list , but explained they really perceived him as a rookie , they are really confident about academy
in the long term , huge numbers of Sandringham Dragons at facility , the community support is fantastic.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t lose faith spoke to Nicky Dal at function the other night , he was little disappointed that Biggy
is not on list , but explained they really perceived him as a rookie , they are really confident about academy
in the long term , huge numbers of Sandringham Dragons at facility , the community support is fantastic.
Is it coincidence we picked up two Dragons this year S66?
Indicative of the strong bonds Moorabbin provides us with the feeder comps?
Or just wishful thinking?

Is it coincidence we picked up two Dragons this year S66?
Indicative of the strong bonds Moorabbin provides us with the feeder comps?
Or just wishful thinking?
Dragons have a really good development system in place, eight Dragons were picked up in the National Draft this year after 18 were invited to various combines. This is off the back of a strong East Brighton Vampires contingent this year, five of them drafted in the top 50. Kevin Sheehan rates it the #1 system in Australia (out of 96).

Makes sense for us to pillage it, it's our backyard and we should know it better than anyone else.

Dragons have a really good development system in place, eight Dragons were picked up in the National Draft this year after 18 were invited to various combines. This is off the back of a strong East Brighton Vampires contingent this year, five of them drafted in the top 50. Kevin Sheehan rates it the #1 system in Australia (out of 96).

Makes sense for us to pillage it, it's our backyard and we should know it better than anyone else.
Beats me why we haven’t done this earlier

Beats me why we haven’t done this earlier
The AFL. We have the most participants in Australia for women in football but the AFL grants licences to Melbourne, Collingwood and Carlton.

Stands to reason the AFL would syphon off the best from the bayside.
Judd was a Sandy Dragon

Probably a good thing , everyone can have a good highlight package , hell even i have one but i better not mention what i was doing ;)

giphy.gif

Didn't realise they were all vampires. I played there a few years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree Byrne was a bargain slider.

Bell is quoted at 73kgs crikey thats light for a guy as tall as he is, a bit like Lever when he came in. You wonder if like Lever he will never be able to gain enough muscle & strength through the core to be competitive. Rucking & playing in the AFL will be very different to the NAB where he would have been able to impress with his height & leap. He will like Lever be easily out bodied against bigger bodies - its scary thinking of him even playing VFL they will break him half. Time will tell I guess?

The kid needs to put on a minimum of 20kg. I'd be very conservative with him for the first year or so. It's a pity that they got rid of the development league.

DOWNLOAD THE FREAKING NAB LEAGUE APP!!!! I did it as soon as the draft was over, can watch every game they played and includes all the time they were in the action, good or bad!
Jeez Louise, no need to yell man!

I will do that, but most other fans won't. The club is missing an opportunity to build up a little bit more excitement around the off season.

All we've had on these kids is one pissy little article. No excuse for thar really.

DOWNLOAD THE FREAKING NAB LEAGUE APP!!!! I did it as soon as the draft was over, can watch every game they played and includes all the time they were in the action, good or bad!
Bird man just wants it to come from the club.

The kid needs to put on a minimum of 20kg. I'd be very conservative with him for the first year or so. It's a pity that they got rid of the development league.
Maybe he's like Gumby or Fluid Man......He won't break or be out bodied he'll just become maleable and bend in the right places and still be in good position...it does at first seem like a problem i admit he looks pretty twiggy...Groot would be a good nick name!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back