List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

FOUR years after departing Gold Coast for Geelong, ruckman Zac Smith will return to the Suns in the coming days.

AFL.com.au understands the 29-year-old has agreed to join his original club with a deal to be finalised between the Suns and Cats before Wednesday's Telstra AFL Trade Period deadline

It is expected his role will also include a development and mentoring position post-football.

2MP is going to need a big pre season to even entertain getting a spot
It's going to be 2MP or Daysie fighting for CHF

Rankine King Holman/McPherson/Young
Sexton Day/2MP Ainsworth

Strong argument that 2MP may develop not taking the best KPD every time

edit: forgot Sean Lemmens- who will no doubt play every game in 2020!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need someone to back up Witts don't think there are a lot of options unless Dan Currie is still around.
There is a reason why he was #4 ruckman at Cats. I still remember when Nicholls beat him handily for ruck spot. I would expect there are VFL, SANFL, NEAFL ruckmen who would appreciate the opportunity and do the same or better job than Smith.

Coming up next on Trade Radio dwayne russell Michael Barlow and special guest guy mckenna I’m out :sick::sick::sick::sick:

Edit - Russell first comment on Ben King re-signing great news for the suns BUT if they don’t turn it around next year he will still walk out the door like Scrimshaw :mad:

“It was always Gold Coast for me,” King told reporters at a press conference next to Albert Park Lake on Monday morning.
“I said at the start that I was going to wait until the end of the year to make a decision. I felt no pressure to re-sign earlier or anything like that. I just waited for the right moment and re-signed.”

It means the twins – who were rarely apart during their first 18 years – won’t be playing football together any time soon. Not that Max is too disappointed.
“He is stoked for me,” King said.
“We talk about that sort of stuff a fair bit. He took it really well and he was happy for me to sign on.”
King’s signature was nearly 12 months in the works.

I like McKenna... he was treated harshly by the club.

What did he do right? I just can't agree with that. The culture he allowed is what put us in this spot. Yes he was inexperienced, but no excuse for half the crap that went on behind closed doors

What did he do right? I just can't agree with that. The culture he allowed is what put us in this spot. Yes he was inexperienced, but no excuse for half the crap that went on behind closed doors

Yeah he let us down by not being on the ball with his off field awareness. Didn’t teach the leaders to lead.
Our game style I admit was great but off field he just failed miserably.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back