List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Barrett gone back to the well about crouch for a 3rd consecutive day.

Has he got nothing else to talk about, or does he know something.
Probably the former. Nonetheless interesting.
He has nfi. I’m 10000% confident crouch stays. We ain’t paying what the crows want when we could possibly get him for free next year. And even then if he doesn’t come it’s not a big deal

I come in peace. I'm just a bored Brisbane fan considering we are doing nothing huge. Living in Adelaide, Brad Crouch talks are everywhere, I'd be surprised if it did happen this late but hypothetical trade which I think is fair for both teams, obviously you'll have to pay over but:
GC give- 2019 Pick 15, 2019 Pick 20 & 2020 Future First (1-3)
Adelaide give- Brad Crouch & Future First (6-10)

I know it is probably way overs for Brad Crouch, but I don't think you need more young talent after you get Anderson & Rowell along with King, Luko & Rankine who should be A graders. Then your midfield looks like Swallow, B Crouch, Greenwood, Ellis, Anderson, Rowell which I think is a good mix and will be dangerous in 2-3 years. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks

I look at Brad Crouch like Gary Ablett, I think he'd nearly become a separate part of the club even if he would be good. We need a team not single players so yeah im unenthusiastic too

Great post don't you think Big Red Machine?

How many likes should it get?

I come in peace. I'm just a bored Brisbane fan considering we are doing nothing huge. Living in Adelaide, Brad Crouch talks are everywhere, I'd be surprised if it did happen this late but hypothetical trade which I think is fair for both teams, obviously you'll have to pay over but:

I know it is probably way overs for Brad Crouch, but I don't think you need more young talent after you get Anderson & Rowell along with King, Luko & Rankine who should be A graders. Then your midfield looks like Swallow, B Crouch, Greenwood, Ellis, Anderson, Rowell which I think is a good mix and will be dangerous in 2-3 years. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks
You have Brodie, Bowes and Fiorini to fit in around the edges as well so will be a very good mid field (inside and outside). Ellis will be on a wing as will Weller.The interesting fun game over the next few weeks will be to try and work out which players from last year will be squeezed out. Ainsworth will slide forward I reckon but they won't all make the final cut which is the first time in a long time, we've had that luxury. Biggest danger spot is now defence - we're still deficient down there and these days you can't afford to be when injuries hit. At least one more very good defender needed in my opinion.

I'd rather keep our 2020 first and look to work in 2020 pick 11 that we have.
Adding Elijah Hollands who seems like a real high upside player.
I think the midfield above is enough to get us into finals but apart from Anderson do any of them have potential top 5 in the league potential? Rowell will be very good but can't see him winning games off his own bat. Hollands seems like a guy that could break games open.

pick 15 and 2020 pick 11 should be fair.
Could give our 2020 second and get back our 2020 3rd if they aren't happy with that.

Thats still well overs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if we don't pre-sign Rosas and some other team selects him can we still take him and put on the senior list if we have a spot?

If it's treated similar to current Academy/FS selections, you either nominate him for the National or Rookie Draft. If you nominate him for the National Draft, it sounds like he goes straight onto your senior list.

If you decide to nominate him as a rookie, he'd have to get through the National Draft without being taken and then you can pre-list him as a rookie. If he's selected by another team, you wouldn't be able to "match" as you haven't nominated him for the National Draft.

I'm guessing purely based on how it's worked in the past and the wording of the AFL article.

I hope we don't accept a pick outside our pick 20 for Martin. Rather take a stand and get nothing than get bent over for a pick that is unlikely to make a difference.

Taking a stand has a future value in future trade negotiations.

We owe Martin sweet * all after his putrid efforts this year and his lack of commitment.

Bloody GWS trading pick 6 and future first for pick 3 from Dees.

Just so they can pick a kid before Tom Green gets fingered

They are a trading machine.
Same routine every year
They had the perfect storm with the quality of their players and the number of picks they got and how many they could keep on their list for an extended period of time
It's like it was critical mass achieved that has enabled them to have a Magic Pudding into the future

Remove this Banner Ad

Back