List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe we should target up and coming talent from other teams for example Ben kings brother or Sam Walsh. Offer overs if need be. Become the hunters not the hunted like the Bulldogs did to GWS. Time to break the cycle and start pushing back.
The sentiment is a good one but the reality is these guys can make so much money in sports nights, appearances and endorsements that sit outside the cap that we can’t compete

The sentiment is a good one but the reality is these guys can make so much money in sports nights, appearances and endorsements that sit outside the cap that we can’t compete
Shake the tree. If you offer over 200k more to bens brother. Your in for a chance. Strike before they are Dustys of the completion. I realize their is risk however I think the investment is priceless if it sends a message to the completion.Don,t blow our cap on burnt out players or average players. It appears to me we need to be aggressive instead of reactionary.

Shake the tree. If you offer over 200k more to bens brother. Your in for a chance. Strike before they are Dustys of the completion. I realize their is risk however I think the investment is priceless if it sends a message to the completion.Don,t blow our cap on burnt out players or average players. It appears to me we need to be aggressive instead of reactionary.
Worth a try on Max, but Ben want the same money also for his extension. So can forget about Sam Walsh.

How many times GCS get players that towards the end of their career and played well with their former club but miss a lot because of injuries for GCS- Ablett, Hanley, Brown,the workload playing with Richmond is a lot different than with GCS, as there is no dusty, Riedworlt, Rance, houli. Actually Ablett is at his peak when he joined GCS. You need to spread the load.

A lot of people here don't even knew who is M chol, but I already asked if GC can take him before his first AFL game with Richmond.
But thats a risk you take with any player you are drafting/trading for thats 30+ Cotchin turns 30 next year and still has 3-4 years of good football imo and has not really been injured alot Hodge is 6 years older than Cotchin and played 100 more games so they are about the same years/games range

Mabior Chol ................ still only 22 years old and extremely athletic , Not yet the finished product but coming along very well
Think he still has 1-2 years of development to go but is looking like he will become a good player and a Queensland boy as well

He might be perfect target for you guys when he is a free agent

But thats a risk you take with any player you are drafting/trading for thats 30+ Cotchin turns 30 next year and still has 3-4 years of good football imo and has not really been injured alot Hodge is 6 years older than Cotchin and played 100 more games so they are about the same years/games range

Mabior Chol ................ still only 22 years old and extremely athletic , Not yet the finished product but coming along very well
Think he still has 1-2 years of development to go but is looking like he will become a good player and a Queensland boy as well

He might be perfect target for you guys when he is a free agent
I do know opposition fridge players, I will target your next fridge player Ben miller. Stats wise not impressive but I think he is ready next year for AFL. GC should Get him before he played AFL.

I hear he's cool in a crisis. Ice in his veins.
Hahahaha ha not as cool as Brisbane reality star Eagles, not as icy as Ben Cousins. Never expect I can use players name and relate them together. Your turn.

Last edited:
According to SEN we have the best deal in front of Greenwood, however, his management want 750k a year for him...

WTF! Dude wasn't best 22 at a club in crisis.

His management has lost all touch with reality.

Polec got that sort of money to go to North and he was a much more valuable player as an outside runner. Plus as a FA you can pay a bit extra cash if you don't have to give up draft capital.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we have to get Greenwood and CEY not sure we should do Ellis, we will have to pay the most for
the longest to Greenwood but he is something we don't have a tough, big midfielder who can mark and kick goals.

We probably can get an older Hawk as well and or a mature Carlton player we want or a pick from them we can swap for a mature player from another club, Betts wife wants to go back to her friends in Melbourne apparently, its a long way down to earth after missing Burgoyne and probably Betts

Maybe Isaac Smith is a possibility

WTF! Dude wasn't best 22 at a club in crisis.

His management has lost all touch with reality.

Polec got that sort of money to go to North and he was a much more valuable player as an outside runner. Plus as a FA you can pay a bit extra cash if you don't have to give up draft capital.
Can we farm him out to the Bullets in the Summer and get them to pay half his salary?

It's easy done. Pay Greenwood 500K plus 150K ambassadorial money from AFL. Do the same with Blakely who was put on a trade list apparently. Get to work Weller. If Pendlebury can get ambassadorial money then half of our players can be on it.

I think we have to get Greenwood and CEY not sure we should do Ellis, we will have to pay the most for
the longest to Greenwood but he is something we don't have a tough, big midfielder who can mark and kick goals.

We probably can get an older Hawk as well and or a mature Carlton player we want or a pick from them we can swap for a mature player from another club, Betts wife wants to go back to her friends in Melbourne apparently, its a long way down to earth after missing Burgoyne and probably Betts

Maybe Isaac Smith is a possibility

I think we should get Greenwood too but not for $750k a year, I don’t want us to be used as a leveraging chip again and our offer be used to extract more out of Adelaide. CEY would be a good get for the right price and deal! Not sure if he’d be keen to come up north though. Ellis I’m okay with as we’re not having to give up any picks to secure him. He’s a premiership player with close to 200 games up his sleeve he’s another mature body for us and will provide us with run on the outside I think people on this board are being far too harsh on him. Plus some of his salary could come from AFL ambassador roles surely.

I hope we really haggle with Carlton and extract as much as we possibly can from them. Even if we get pick 8 and Casboult thrown in as a sweetener that would be okay he could mentor our young forwards they need it, I’ve noticed he is fantastic with his positioning, reading the play and knowing where he needs to be when the ball drops so he could teach our forwards a thing or too because when we went inside 50 this year our forwards always had terrible positioning and the ball would just be turned over and come straight back out again. Besides King his leading at the ball was great for a rookie.

That sucks about Betts, was hoping he’d be keen to come up and mentor Rankine, would be good for Rankine to learn from one of the best in the business.

Isaac Smith would be a fantastic get for us and would provide plenty of run on the wing along side Weller and Ellis I like this a lot. And from what I hear if we offer enough he’ll be interested in the move up.

Last edited:
Get three/4 holman Saad Collins type in the state league around 22-25 of age, no more Sam fletcher and Riodan type as GCS most probably going to draft Rowell and Anderson who I believe already better than them and Budarick who are a utility Dawson and Heron into one but better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back