List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

The time spend on convincing players to come better spend on spotting the right mature age players in the state league, Tom stewart, mihochek, tim Kelly, Liam Ryan, Liam Ryan, Callum Wilkins and how to manage injuries.

If they haven't got time to be doing both then they need more resources.

If we end up with PP and get Anderson and Rowell it would be great if they were able to pick up the Oakleigh captain Trent Bianco with a pick around 15-25. 178cm but elite accumulator and kick on both sides, which is something we need more of.

If they haven't got time to be doing both then they need more resources.
I am jeolous how Brisbane turn all GC second Rd and third Rd pick to Tom Berry, Noah Ainsworth, Joyce, McFadden.

If we end up with PP and get Anderson and Rowell it would be great if they were able to pick up the Oakleigh captain Trent Bianco with a pick around 15-25. 178cm but elite accumulator and kick on both sides, which is something we need more of.
What about last year nab premiership captain Campbell Hustwaite Co captain with Riodan.

What about last year nab premiership captain Campbell Hustwaite Co captain with Riodan.

Didn't he play with Pies VFL this year? Apparently did quite well and I can't recall whether he got pick up in the mid season draft

Didn't he play with Pies VFL this year? Apparently did quite well and I can't recall whether he got pick up in the mid season draft
Yes played for Pies VFL, I think he is a good get, but at best rookie list, a bit tight arse when it come to 19 to 20 years old players.

I'll go on record and say we already have the better Ellis at half the price and without the 5 year contract
Do you actually think Corey, who was garbage all year and repeatedly failing to crack the 22 of the worst team in the league even after they were ravaged by injury, is better than Brandon, who is a current best 22 player for the best team in the league in terms of form? This is a bad joke, surely.

Hawks policy has been to only offer 1 year extensions for players over 30 and Smith is been looking for 3 years, so certainly worth the inquiry. Still playing very good football, and has been remarkably durable, possibly due to the late start of his AFL career. That trick is to convince him to come to the Suns. Hawthorn don't want to lose him, but Smith is entitled to try and set himself up for life after football.

Perhaps Suns should be asking the AFL for "ambassadorial" assistance for marquee players similar to the deal that persuaded Coniglio to stay.

Too many fans get caught up in ambassador money yet it’s minuscule, Scott Pendlebury is the highest paid ambassador..

Clubs or afl need to work out a way together for nsw qld players to earn more money off the field because the disadvantage is huge and is such a pull for some players

Do you actually think Corey, who was garbage all year and repeatedly failing to crack the 22 of the worst team in the league even after they were ravaged by injury, is better than Brandon, who is a current best 22 player for the best team in the league in terms of form? This is a bad joke, surely.
Everybody here Get it is a joke, sadly only you don't get it. Maybe take another day off to recover.

Too many fans get caught up in ambassador money yet it’s minuscule, Scott Pendlebury is the highest paid ambassador..

Clubs or afl need to work out a way together for nsw qld players to earn more money off the field because the disadvantage is huge and is such a pull for some players

Thank you - straight and true

The AFL should be able to get access to how much the top players are able to make outside the salary cap and attempt to equalise this money to the top players in the non-footy states by getting them to do extra work in the schools to promote the game.

Thank you - straight and true

The AFL should be able to get access to how much the top players are able to make outside the salary cap and attempt to equalise this money to the top players in the non-footy states by getting them to do extra work in the schools to promote the game.
That would weaken Vic clubs. Good luck.

**** me thank you for pointing this out. I can't believe how fussy some of these guys are when we literally don't have one outside player of his calibre.

Very picky for supporters of a team that have nothing at this point. Brandon has his flaws but **** me he is a major improvement.

fu** me thank you for pointing this out. I can't believe how fussy some of these guys are when we literally don't have one outside player of his calibre.

Very picky for supporters of a team that have nothing at this point. Brandon has his flaws but fu** me he is a major improvement.
Sandy not serious, f** me if you treat it as serious. Is not a guarantee he will come even GC offer a 5 years contract. GCS become a laughing stock if Ellis decided to stayed at Victoria. Until he signed I rather keep a low profile than getting too excited that is my plan B.

* eg Vic media- what is wrong with GCS, they offer 5 years and yet Ellis choose to stayed at Melbourne, should they relocate to Tasmania.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sandy not serious, f** me if you treat it as serious. Is not a guarantee he will come even GC offer a 5 years contract. GCS become a laughing stock if Ellis decided to stayed at Victoria. Until he signed I rather keep a low profile than getting too excited that is my plan B.

* eg Vic media- what is wrong with GCS, they offer 5 years and yet Ellis choose to stayed at Melbourne, should they relocate to Tasmania.
There hasn't been a peep out of the media over us missing out on Roughead and Burgoyne.
I'm tipping it would be the same with Ellis. They're staying where they already live, so it's hardly an indictment on us really.

He looks like he'll be a good player. I saw him first hand, was training with the pies this season and pre-season. Has some skills. Was at training one session and someone asked him who he was and said his name was Trent. I had no idea who he was, just figured was either an academy player or AFL Academy.

14 (15) may be a slight reach for Bianco judging from people who watch closer than I do but he has played with Rowell and Anderson and would be a solid pick up from all reports.
Yeah I like him more around the 25+ mark, short outside mid who isn’t a strong contested ball winner and isn’t going to be a strong body. Think a lesser Tom Scully
My dream draft is Rowell, Anderson and Gould. Get a ready to go mid, a forward/mid who can play straight away and a 3rd tall defender who has the body strength to play straight away and would rival Shannon Hurn with disposal out of the back half

A little tongue in cheek based on our record with overpriced overhyped back flankers
We have been the butt of quite a few bad jokes since starting

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back