List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Turned another top 10 pick into probably a mid 30’s pick and another we won’t use. We had no reason here not to hold out for a better deal as we hold pick 1 in the PSD. Can’t believe we’re getting bent over again this trade period, Really dreading the Martin announcement surely Carlton are going to give us junk to

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Suns prepare to re-draft Martin
By Michael Gleeson and Jake Niall
Gold Coast are preparing to re-draft Jack Martin through the pre-season draft as talks with Carlton over the uncontracted player remain in a stalemate.
The Suns have said they are prepared to hold firm on Martin and re-select him with first pick in the pre-season draft rather than allow him to go for less than what they see as insufficient compensation.
Sources suggest that presently, the Suns want to give Martin and their pick 15 to Carlton for pick nine and the Blues' future second-round pick.
Carlton don't want to do that, not only because they regard it as excessive but because they need pick nine to get the Tom Papley deal done. The Blues would propose to give nine for Papley and the Swans' pick 25. They would then pass on that pick 25 to the Suns for Martin.

Not a bedwetter
We basically delisted Zac
He had every right to ply his trade elsewhere and a move to Geelong would have been too good to pass up
Mr Bods gets a little excited at times god bless him :D

He specifically nominated Geelong when he left. Not Carlton who were below us at the time.
He went the easy road.
You guys can rollout the red carpet but I won’t be.
Don’t worry I won’t harp on about it though.

Suns prepare to re-draft Martin
By Michael Gleeson and Jake Niall
Gold Coast are preparing to re-draft Jack Martin through the pre-season draft as talks with Carlton over the uncontracted player remain in a stalemate.
The Suns have said they are prepared to hold firm on Martin and re-select him with first pick in the pre-season draft rather than allow him to go for less than what they see as insufficient compensation.
Sources suggest that presently, the Suns want to give Martin and their pick 15 to Carlton for pick nine and the Blues' future second-round pick.
Carlton don't want to do that, not only because they regard it as excessive but because they need pick nine to get the Tom Papley deal done. The Blues would propose to give nine for Papley and the Swans' pick 25. They would then pass on that pick 25 to the Suns for Martin.

If true I’ll weep like a child getting a trampoline at Xmas

I would say if Brisbane finish 8th, that is 28 and 64, ehhh not awful for Ah Chee.
Can't really understand the angst over the Ah Chee deal. The guy hardly got on the park and played only a few good games when he did so to get around a mid 20's pick as well as a 64 for him, seems OK. The Martin deal is the one I'm waiting on - we shouldn't be giving him up for less than late 1st at worst but we'll see what eventuates. Still think what we get for Martin will be part of a Crouch deal - time will tell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He specifically nominated Geelong when he left. Not Carlton who were below us at the time.
He went the easy road.
You guys can rollout the red carpet but I won’t be.
Don’t worry I won’t harp on about it though.
He just went where he thought he was mostly likely to get a game. Ruckman have a tough position where there is normally only one of them per team. Clearly he's back down the pecking order and wanted to come home.

Turned another top 10 pick into probably a mid 30’s pick and another we won’t use. We had no reason here not to hold out for a better deal as we hold pick 1 in the PSD. Can’t believe we’re getting bent over again this trade period, Really dreading the Martin announcement surely Carlton are going to give us junk to

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You don't want to use the #1 PSD pick on a wantaway player - Ah Chee or Martin. You'll just get what they served up this year. Pick players who WANT to play for the Suns and let the chaff sail into the wind!

You don't want to use the #1 PSD pick on a wantaway player - Ah Chee or Martin. You'll just get what they served up this year. Pick players who WANT to play for the Suns and let the chaff sail into the wind!

Would rather use it on Keath if he doesn’t get to the dogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back