List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

What do we do with Pearce Hanley
Contracted to 2019
Seems like a decent fellow but no amount of spin can hide the fact he's been a bust for us
Malceski Mk2- given Nick did manage 34 games in his 2 seasons
Brisbane hasn't missed him one little bit
Has averaged less than 8 games a season with us
31yo this year
Maybe rookie list if lucky
Would not surprise to see him hang'em up tbh
Risca type of deal.

I would be blown away if hill left Fremantle, his brother left hawthorn to go back to WA to play with him. Ross Lyon has publically said this week the 2 hill brothers are in his 3 favourites at the club. Imho he ain’t leaving Freo

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don't think he will left Fremantle but even if he stayed he not going to take 300k a year if Brodie as reported get 400-450k. This open the door for Langdon or Blakely type out of contract players tempted to go elsewhere.

Contracted to 2019
Seems like a decent fellow but no amount of spin can hide the fact he's been a bust for us
31yo this year
Malckeski may of played 34 but he was deplorable. The Swans new he was cooked. SUNS use to laugh when I would lose my s**t about his woeful kicking

PSA if you want to to refer to Sookshaw, make sure you don't type in his surname. It attracts the undesirables when they go doing site wide searches for posts mentioning his name. (why you'd bother doing that is anyone's guess)
Also. he's got no hope of being a midfielder. Ever. Like I've been saying for feels like years now, he's a new generation Andrew Mackie

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story...but it didnt come from his Dad...https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ja...i/news-story/e9f33f025d4e4e63644272890167330e

That 2016 article was a good read.

Well He’d want to be moved to the midfield and out of the defence ASAP....the amount of goals I see kicked on Scrimsook is extraordinary.
You see Hawthorn kick a goal and then who’s a few feet away??? Scrimsook in a tea pot stance saying “F Me”.
He’s a liability to Hawthorn.
Good.

Contracted to 2019
31yo this year
I disagree on Pearce. Yes he's had some injury issues but at the very messy this year when he's played he's been quite impactful off of half back and around the contest. If nothing else one of our top mature leaders which we're still gonna need moving forward.

If he's keen to keep on going then give him 1 year "Show me" contracts and go from there.

To call him Malcheski part 2 is insulting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I disagree on Pearce. Yes he's had some injury issues but at the very messy this year when he's played he's been quite impactful off of half back and around the contest. If nothing else one of our top mature leaders which we're still gonna need moving forward.

If he's keen to keep on going then give him 1 year "Show me" contracts and go from there.

To call him Malcheski part 2 is insulting.

Well consider him insulted then
My 3 R's of a champion
Resilience Recovery Repetition
I agree he has been useful in the games he's been able to get out on the park, but that's a world away from why we paid what we paid for him and what we expected
Also recognising that in the 23 games he's played for us in the past 3 years probably 5 were injury games that left us a rotation down for the rest of the match.
So unfortunately Mal Mk2

When Hanley played this year he played well, top 5-10. When Malcevski played he was done. So not sure why need to compare them. Because of injuries? Most of them bad luck - heel, shoulder, now cork, miss also games because of his brother. Yes, he also missed some games (total 7-8? games over 3 years) because of hamstring. If you consider injuries, you could call Mal 2/3 of our team. Nobody called our captain Mal when he missed 2 years, or Ah Chee. If medico team ticks him off and he wants to play we would be stupid not to give him a contract probably on year by year basis.

When Hanley played this year he played well, top 5-10. When Malcevski played he was done. So not sure why need to compare them. Because of injuries? Most of them bad luck - heel, shoulder, now cork, miss also games because of his brother. Yes, he also missed some games (total 7-8? games over 3 years) because of hamstring. If you consider injuries, you could call Mal 2/3 of our team. Nobody called our captain Mal when he missed 2 years, or Ah Chee. If medico team ticks him off and he wants to play we would be stupid not to give him a contract probably on year by year basis.
If you going to called up Ah chee , then other name will pop up fletcher, Ellis, all this untouchable players get well paid to play AFL not rehab. I don't mind keeping Sam Day, Risca, Hanley, but right now the kids learn nothing but learn how to get injured from them.

Last edited:
If you going to called up Ah chee , then other name will pop up fletcher, Ellis, all this untouchable players get well paid to play AFL not rehab. I don't mind keeping Sam Day, Risca, Hanley, but right now the kids learn nothing but learn how to get injured from them.
As I said you could mention most of our list. E.g. Ainsworth, Bowes, Fiorini, Macpherson - all mist half of the games so far in their careers. Then you got young Powell, Ballard who go well this year. We got new performance, physio teams so I give them some time to assess. I think each player has to be looked at individually. If you look at Ellis you mentioned. He came with groin issue already. They decided to operate on it after it did not settle down which sounds like a good decision. Then he did ankle in his first game back when he was tackled, similar to Lemmens. I don't think it is preventable. Personally, my only concern is Rankine and Bowes this year. The rest as much as I am frustrated seems just bad luck.

I'm not comparing them on the basis of how they played but what they've actually contributed to the Club on-field
If you damn Malceski for 34 ok serviceable games and say Hanley has been a win with 23 over 2 and Half seasons then I don't want you as my list manager
If he plays even 45 games in 3 years it's a win, he plays 60 it's a steal
He plays less than 30 then it's a bust
It's just sports accounting 101.
Moneyball is a thing you know
And I could care less about how great he's been in various "roles" off-field and how committed he's been in his rehab
Nathan Bock says hi

I'm not comparing them on the basis of how they played but what they've actually contributed to the Club on-field
If you damn Malceski for 34 ok serviceable games and say Hanley has been a win with 23 over 2 and Half seasons then I don't want you as my list manager
If he plays even 45 games in 3 years it's a win, he plays 60 it's a steal
He plays less than 30 then it's a bust
It's just sports accounting 101.
Moneyball is a thing you know
And I could care less about how great he's been in various "roles" off-field and how committed he's been in his rehab
Nathan Bock says hi
Nobody suggests that Hanley was a win the last 3 years. Obviously not. But that does not mean he can't get a clean run at it next year considering type of injuries he had. Medicos should have a major say. Games he played he was probably 10x better than Malceski who I agree should had never be signed up as his body was finished.

Following your logic, we would not have many players left on the list. E.g., Macpherson, Fiorini missed basically 2 seasons due to injuries in their first 3 years. They played something like 26-27 games from possible 66. So we made mistake we did not let them go this preseason? Hanley still got it when he plays. If medical staff tells me there is a good chance Hanley will play out next season I sign him straight. Let's see how he goes the rest of season but it would not surprise me if Suns list management agrees with me in the off season.

Last edited:
Following your logic, we would not have many players left on the list. E.g., Macpherson, Fiorini missed basically 2 seasons due to injuries in their first 3 years.
I urge you to read some discussions on logical progression
In this case you have a proposition A
"SandyToes proposes player Hanley-a mature 31yo footballer recruited on a big earner to provide A grade stock to The Suns has not performed as expected over the past 3 seasons and should have any potential future contract heavily caveated given his age and injuries"
Which is true
You have then "implied" a progression B that
"SandyToes would or should perform the same scrutiny on 19yo players who have also had an injury"
Which is False
A does not proceed to B and therefore cannot invalidate my proposition A
I'm sorry in advance if this challenge to your response makes you feel angry or sad
BUT
"It's just logic Captain"
Dr Spock.Star Trek

I urge you to read some discussions on logical progression
In this case you have a proposition A
"SandyToes proposes player Hanley-a mature 31yo footballer recruited on a big earner to provide A grade stock to The Suns has not performed as expected over the past 3 seasons and should have any potential future contract heavily caveated given his age and injuries"
Which is true
You have then "implied" a progression B that
"SandyToes would or should perform the same scrutiny on 19yo players who have also had an injury"
Which is False
A does not proceed to B and therefore cannot invalidate my proposition A
I'm sorry in advance if this challenge to your response makes you feel angry or sad
BUT
"It's just logic Captain"
Dr Spock.Star Trek
Why should I be angry or sad? I realise that people have different opinions and it's ok. Not sure you do too looking at your responses. My different view is that based on failed 3 year investment does not necessarily mean we don't extend Hanley 1 year and obviously on less salary if his body is fine. Especially if we don't win any more games and no quality mature players will want to join us. You seem completely disregard type of injuries Hanley had. Looking forward for your comments on Suns if they do exactly this.

Agree young players is a different scenario, just a little tease. How about Thompson, 29 next year? Last three year including this year - 24 games, extended for 3 years.

Anyway enough on Hanley from me. Time to watch game.

Last edited:
That 2016 article was a good read.

Well He’d want to be moved to the midfield and out of the defence ASAP....the amount of goals I see kicked on Scrimsook is extraordinary.
You see Hawthorn kick a goal and then who’s a few feet away??? Scrimsook in a tea pot stance saying “F Me”.
He’s a liability to Hawthorn.
Good.
Youre all class Bods! That comment again says more about you than anyone else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back