List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton's out here laughing that they'll get Jack Martin for free not realising that we probably won't want to trade with them in the future and they're gonna have to pay way more than what he's worth now. Keep on laughing, after all, first time in forever you didn't come dead last

Carlton's out here laughing that they'll get Jack Martin for free not realising that we probably won't want to trade with them in the future and they're gonna have to pay way more than what he's worth now. Keep on laughing, after all, first time in forever you didn't come dead last

I think they will come 17erth next year...

The talk of him being on 700k is interesting. It is defiantly overs, how much? Not too sure. Will be interesting to see if it has any effect on their cap going forward and their ability to sign up other talent.

IMO would be really senseless for us to hamstring ourselves by taking him back in the draft on our cap.

Let him get to Carlton and see if cap space is an issue when some other players start wanting more money, an issue we are very aware of.

The talk of him being on 700k is interesting. It is defiantly overs, how much? Not too sure. Will be interesting to see if it has any effect on their cap going forward and their ability to sign up other talent.

IMO would be really senseless for us to hamstring ourselves by taking him back in the draft on our cap.

Let him get to Carlton and see if cap space is an issue when some other players start wanting more money, an issue we are very aware of.

And then he can rubbish our Club and blame the culture, ala Garlett......and then fall by the wayside

Carlton had enough cap room to get Coniglio/Papley and Martin - currently the Club has a reverse problem with cap spend after a few years on minimal 95% spend. I don't think it is money that is seeing Martin wanting to go Blue - he knocked back a bigger money offer from Doggies.

If we look at this in a vacuum, I reckon we give Martin a 1 year godfather offer (say 750k) that gets him through to Free agency we must have some money this year if we were going after Crouch. Martin will be effectively playing for a big contract next year. If he wants to stay with these up and coming Suns after 2020. A multi year deal is on the table, if he wants to leave we get free agent compo, likely round one.
And best of all we get Jack Martin and Carlton gets Jack s**t!

If we look at this in a vacuum, I reckon we give Martin a 1 year godfather offer (say 750k) that gets him through to Free agency we must have some money this year if we were going after Crouch. Martin will be effectively playing for a big contract next year. If he wants to stay with these up and coming Suns after 2020. A multi year deal is on the table, if he wants to leave we get free agent compo, likely round one.
And best of all we get Jack Martin and Carlton gets Jack s**t!
Wasn't he on 700-750k at the suns anyway? Probably not a godfather offer.

And Carlton's offer for him was 700k for 4? years.

And I believe that he and/or his Manager have stated that he won't be at the Suns next year.....maybe eppo67 knows more on that front
IMO, Piss him off. Has wanted to leave for two years in a row. His attitude sucked since half way into the year when the wins dried up. The club is starting to build the right culture where people are wanting to stay.
He wants to leave? Let him go. Have a bright future coming up.

I think we should redraft him, not because I want him but for the stand, see it through and the message is massive.

Question with the trading of draft picks is this also true of PSD picks, if so we could trade it to another Melbourne club just for the lols

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reason we should redraft him, not because I want him but for the stand, see it through and the message is massive.

Question with the trading of draft picks is this also true of PSD picks, if so we could trade it to another Melbourne club just for the lols

I was thinking about that too. Could we do some sort of tradeing???
I want us to pick JMartin too. If he sucks on or off field we Trade him at the end of next season.

This whole thing where it’s being said JMartin is going to go to Carlton no matter what is draft tampering and as such there should be heavy consequences to CFC.

They have form with cheating and therefore due to them having a record they should be hit hard. They aren’t first time offenders.

The whole footy world should rise up and not tolerate draft tampering. It’s a big FU right at Gil McLachlan.

IMO, Piss him off. Has wanted to leave for two years in a row. His attitude sucked since half way into the year when the wins dried up. The club is starting to build the right culture where people are wanting to stay.
He wants to leave? Let him go. Have a bright future coming up.
If the reports are true and Carlton are offering Martin 700k a year over 4 years and only offered us a second round and a third round pick in next years most compromised draft in AFL history, well let's just hope my friend karma comes and kicks them wear the sun doesn't shine. Way unders.
I am a big fan of Martin however the Suns need to cut ties with him. Do not need or want him if is not buying in. We are trying to build one in all in culture with a younger group. Time to invest and focus on everyone that wants to be here.

Wasn't he on 700-750k at the suns anyway? Probably not a godfather offer.

And Carlton's offer for him was 700k for 4? years.
Yeah, I'm not sure what the media report is often correct when it comes to salary. I would say Martin would jump at 750 imo.
The question is whether he would buy in as AFL footy is not played in a vacuum.
I also think he should be shown the door, just disappointing that we get nothing for him.

If the reports are true and Carlton are offering Martin 700k a year over 4 years and only offered us a second round and a third round pick in next years most compromised draft in AFL history, well let's just hope my friend karma comes and kicks them wear the sun doesn't shine. Way unders.
I am a big fan of Martin however the Suns need to cut ties with him. Do not need or want him if is not buying in. We are trying to build one in all in culture with a younger group. Time to invest and focus on everyone that wants to be here.
Yeah I agree entirely. He is a good talent and hes been good for our club but we're coming to a period now where we're starting to find our feet and really get players to buy in. If he stayed he'd always be an outlier of this young tight group so I think it'd be good for him in the club if he just went for nothing, we'd lose the weight of the past and move on

Carlton had enough cap room to get Coniglio/Papley and Martin - currently the Club has a reverse problem with cap spend after a few years on minimal 95% spend. I don't think it is money that is seeing Martin wanting to go Blue - he knocked back a bigger money offer from Doggies.
Oh totally understand right now you need to hit that 95% floor. I was more referring to down the line in the next year or two when players contracts are up, they may look at what Martin's reportedly on compared to his output and they may want a bigger slice of the pie than they were originally going to ask for where you might start seeing a squeeze, however who knows, I honestly know very little about Carlton's wage structure.

Oh totally understand right now you need to hit that 95% floor. I was more referring to down the line in the next year or two when players contracts are up, they may look at what Martin's reportedly on compared to his output and they may want a bigger slice of the pie than they were originally going to ask for where you might start seeing a squeeze, however who knows, I honestly know very little about Carlton's wage structure.
I wouldn't think many outsiders really have any legitimate understanding of clubs tpp situation.

If I was Craig Cameron I’d be saying to him we’re going to pick you up and willing to pay overs so he puts a big figure on himself to squeeze cartoons salary cap then not bother with him

just saw that phantom draft having us picking will gould. haven't seen any highlights, but we desperately need another young key defender to develop through the ranks. fingers crossed he's a target for us, or generally some kpp/ruck prospects.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back