List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't win the Liston by being a flog mate. Some very very good players have won that award.
How was he going to get a game in front of Riewoldt and Lynch? He wasn't, so after his injury he got fit, won the Liston and is now out there on a free.
Draft him and he will kick 30 next season for us.
He's 26 - and has plenty of footy left in him. Good Footy.
GWS had to give away Patton,Bonar,Scully and delist a few just to save a few $$ to keep their stars in 2020. They are maxed out on the cap. We can afford him, they can't.
To ignore him would be such a bad call, especially for a side that has improved the mids but not the forward line.
Townsend will do that - and he's a tough player so will provide cover for King and our smalls.
In short he will kick more goals, provide more grunt and work a damn sight harder than one Peter wright.
I'm genuinely amazed that people wouldn't even consider it :confounded:
Kind of sounds like Nick Holman just not as good?
His last 2 years have netted him 11 AFL games
8.7 disposals, 2.5 marks, 3 tackles, 1 goal, 1 goal assist per game.
Only had more than 11 disposals in one game out of the 11.

Doesn't seem to get involved much, particularly for a forward when Richmond won 8 of those 11 games.

Doesn't get the pill enough....

Agreed.
Only 10 touches, but nearly 5 tackles and a goal a game.
However if you take injury out of the equation then in 2017/18:
Games: 15
Goals: 28
Disposals: Still 10
Tackles: still 5
Best Game - 22 disposals, 6 tackles, 3 Marks + a goal.

2017 VFL/AFL review from http://www.aflplayerratings.com.au

1-
2-
3Senior emergency.
4VFLSuperb in midfield – both inside and on the outer. Kicked five goals to go with 21 touches.-
5VFLHad 19 touches to go with seven tackles and six clearances in combative midfield effort.-
6VFLInjured early in the game and played no further part.-
7Eye.
8VFLSlow start on return, but was good late when the Tigers charged home.-
9VFLBattled away in midfield. 16 touches, six clearances and 10 tackles.-
10VFLGood early in midfield, then rested in the second half as a senior emergency.-
11VFLA hard nut in the midfield. Had eight inside 50s and continued to run the game out well.-
12Bye.
13VFLEffort was there all day. 22 possessions, six clearances and six tackles – one of them a gem!-
14VFLA ball magnet at VFL level and was his normal combative self. 29 touches.-
15VFLDidn’t use the ball that well but found it well. Tackled strongly – 10 tackles.-
16VFLHad 30 touches – 22 were contested. A bull in tight and played a strong role in the win.-
17VFLA really good performance with 27 disposals, 14 contested possessions and seven tackles.-
18VFLReally important in the outcome of the game. Will to win and fight was on display all game.-
19VFLStarting to perform consistently week by week. 11 tackles and eight clearances his highlight.-
20VFLBye.-
21VFLHard at it around the footy with 25 touches and laid some strong tackles.-
22FremBooted six goals in a stunning performance.9
23StKAfter six goals last week jagged another five in what makes him a potential wildcard for the team in finals.8
QFGeelCame in with 11 goals from past two matches and ended game with two. Did well defensively on Henderson.6
PFGWSChimed in with a goal off the ground in the third term and competed his tail off.6
GFAdelHad role to negate Lever and played it better than Kramer. Goal in second term his highlight and another in last. Five tackles.7

Still think he's not worth going after?
Genuine question.

Agreed.

1-
2-
3Senior emergency.
4VFLSuperb in midfield – both inside and on the outer. Kicked five goals to go with 21 touches.-
5VFLHad 19 touches to go with seven tackles and six clearances in combative midfield effort.-
7Eye.
10VFLGood early in midfield, then rested in the second half as a senior emergency.-
11VFLA hard nut in the midfield. Had eight inside 50s and continued to run the game out well.-
12Bye.
13VFLEffort was there all day. 22 possessions, six clearances and six tackles – one of them a gem!-
15VFLDidn’t use the ball that well but found it well. Tackled strongly – 10 tackles.-
16VFLHad 30 touches – 22 were contested. A bull in tight and played a strong role in the win.-
17VFLA really good performance with 27 disposals, 14 contested possessions and seven tackles.-
18VFLReally important in the outcome of the game. Will to win and fight was on display all game.-
19VFLStarting to perform consistently week by week. 11 tackles and eight clearances his highlight.-
20VFLBye.-
23StKAfter six goals last week jagged another five in what makes him a potential wildcard for the team in finals.8
QFGeelCame in with 11 goals from past two matches and ended game with two. Did well defensively on Henderson.6
PFGWSChimed in with a goal off the ground in the third term and competed his tail off.6
GFAdelHad role to negate Lever and played it better than Kramer. Goal in second term his highlight and another in last. Five tackles.7

Genuine question.
what about 2019?
guess that would have the strongest bearing to whether he was worth picking up for 2020

Agreed.

1-
2-
3Senior emergency.
7Eye.
12Bye.
20VFLBye.-

Genuine question.
2017?
FFS
The Kardashian's were still a thing then

what about 2019?
guess that would have the strongest bearing to whether he was worth picking up for 2020
Won the leading goal kicker award for Richmond VFL Premiership side in 2019
It was just a thought.
I'd take him, but I would seem to be alone in that view.
King,Day, Townsend,Ainsworth,Sexton Rankine?
Not the most elite of forward lines currently, but there is desire and grunt at least.
A starting point to build from.

Anyway,I'm on my own here so no point flogging a dead horse! :thumbsupemoji:

Won the leading goal kicker award for Richmond VFL Premiership side in 2019
It was just a thought.
I'd take him, but I would seem to be alone in that view.
King,Day, Townsend,Ainsworth,Sexton Rankine?
Not the most elite of forward lines currently, but there is desire and grunt at least.
A starting point to build from.

Anyway,I'm on my own here so no point flogging a dead horse! :thumbsupemoji:
I think we certainly should look at guys in this situation. Not sure that Townsend necessarily ticks all boxes. 18 games and 20 goals - although GUN says he was playing mostly inside mid.

I would have Holman ahead of him in the forward line. Clubs obviously loves what Holman brings as evidenced by his placing in the B+F last year and standing at the time of his injury this year.

I like hearing other peoples suggestions so cheers!

Check out GCSUNCast on FB. Confirmed Suns can have 40 listed, 10 cat A, 3 cat B rookies and ACE on scholarship (only NEAFL). Total 54.
Any chance you could break down what that means for
a. curent listed players
b. draft picks
c. academy / other possible rookies.

I think we certainly should look at guys in this situation. Not sure that Townsend necessarily ticks all boxes. 18 games and 20 goals - although GUN says he was playing mostly inside mid.

I would have Holman ahead of him in the forward line. Clubs obviously loves what Holman brings as evidenced by his placing in the B+F last year and standing at the time of his injury this year.

I like hearing other peoples suggestions so cheers!

Well the only comparison i can think of to compare Holman to Townsend is the level they played at , Townsend has proven he can play at AFL level in a finals series when required and i dare say if Lynch was not at the club he could have been selected again to play this year as the 2nd tall defensive player that 'Hurts' the opposition backmen.

Holman played Neafl but Townsend wins the JJ liston at VFL which is a much better level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mainly inside mid in the VFL but did spend some time up foward

Had a sensational finals series and i would love for him to stay at the club

You must be talking about 2017 in the AFL

His 2019 VFL final series wasn't particularly good going from the stats (below) - not named in the best in any of the games. Bit of a butcher and gave away a lot of free kicks over those 3 matches.

Grand Final: 11 possessions @ 81%, 2 marks, 8 tackles, 2 goals, 5 free kicks against
Prelim: 12 possessions @ 58%, 3 marks, 8 tackles, 0 goals, 3 free kicks against
qualifying final: 13 disposals @ 53%, 4 marks, 4 tackles, 1 goal, 2 free kicks against

Well the only comparison i can think of to compare Holman to Townsend is the level they played at , Townsend has proven he can play at AFL level in a finals series when required and i dare say if Lynch was not at the club he could have been selected again to play this year as the 2nd tall defensive player that 'Hurts' the opposition backmen.

Holman played Neafl but Townsend wins the JJ liston at VFL which is a much better level
His one AFL game in 2019 he had 3 possessions from 77% TOG.

You must be talking about 2017 in the AFL

His 2019 VFL final series wasn't particularly good going from the stats (below) - not named in the best in any of the games. Bit of a butcher and gave away a lot of free kicks over those 3 matches.

Grand Final: 11 possessions @ 81%, 2 marks, 8 tackles, 2 goals, 5 free kicks against
Prelim: 12 possessions @ 58%, 3 marks, 8 tackles, 0 goals, 3 free kicks against
qualifying final: 13 disposals @ 53%, 4 marks, 4 tackles, 1 goal, 2 free kicks against

I went to the VFL gf and have the game recorded and have watched it 2 times , Trust me stats dont always tell the true story
But maybe have a read of the thread on the richmond board

I went to the VFL gf and have the game recorded and have watched it 2 times , Trust me stats dont always tell the true story
But maybe have a read of the thread on the richmond board
Yeah, I was just going off the info I had available.
Looks to be a good VFL player.

a. curent listed players
b. draft picks
well our senior list as it stands is full with 40 players including jack martin.
a minimum 3 delistings will need to make way most likely more. 1 for every draft pick or academy pre listing we want.

Cat A has 3 rookies so does Cat B including Towey.
so 7 Cat A rookie spots available. will likely be a mix of players we delist and want to keep for Neafl, Special circumstance (crossley) and rookie draft and academy/ NT kids not drafted.

well our senior list as it stands is full with 40 players including jack martin.
a minimum 3 delistings will need to make way most likely more. 1 for every draft pick or academy pre listing we want.

Cat A has 3 rookies so does Cat B including Towey.
so 7 Cat A rookie spots available. will likely be a mix of players we delist and want to keep for Neafl, Special circumstance (crossley) and rookie draft and academy/ NT kids not drafted.

Great,
Thank you.

He's a poor mans Nick Holman.

We have an abundance of ripper bloke clubmen/hard trainer fringe players. We need talent and best 22 players.

No chance we take Townsend at all.

James Brayshaw IQ = 4
I did an interview on the ABC last week and the host described me as a ripper bloke
Where do I sign?

a. curent listed players
b. draft picks
Senior list at the moment (minus Martin, plus Holman) 39, 1 spot available

If drafting 6 players at the moment (Rowell, Anderson, picks 15, 20, Budarick, Rosas) we need 5 more spots on the senior list

Rookies cat A - 10 spots
Players under contract moved from the senior list - Crossley, Young, Schoenfeld, C. Ellis, GHS
Wigg, Dawson, Heron
still 2 spots available

Rookies cat B - 3 spots
Towey, Fletcher, Riordan

Int Scholarship
Ace (can play only NEAFL)

So if we don't delist anymore players we still should have 2 spots available on rookie cat A list.

If we do get top 10 pick for 15 + 20 we then have 3 spots available (moving one less player from senior list).
If we delist Wigg, Fletcher, Dawson, Heron we would have up to 6-7 spots available.

My guess is there will be no more delisting and we get 2 extra academy kids on top of Budarick and Rosas.

Possibly we could still delist 1-2 players (Wigg, Fletcher) and get 1-2 delisted mature players from other clubs or more academy kids.

Senior list at the moment (minus Martin, plus Holman) 39, 1 spot available

If drafting 6 players at the moment (Rowell, Anderson, picks 15, 20, Budarick, Rosas) we need 5 more spots on the senior list

Rookies cat A - 10 spots
Players under contract moved from the senior list - Crossley, Young, Schoenfeld, C. Ellis, GHS
Wigg, Dawson, Heron
still 2 spots available

Rookies cat B - 3 spots
Towey, Fletcher, Riordan

Int Scholarship
Ace (can play only NEAFL)

So if we don't delist anymore players we still should have 2 spots available on rookie cat A list.

If we do get top 10 pick for 15 + 20 we then have 3 spots available (moving one less player from senior list).
If we delist Wigg, Fletcher, Dawson, Heron we would have up to 6-7 spots available.

My guess is there will be no more delisting and we get 2 extra academy kids on top of Budarick and Rosas.

Possibly we could still delist 1-2 players (Wigg, Fletcher) and get 1-2 delisted mature players from other clubs or more academy kids.

I think you will find that Dawson and Heron are Cat B and Fletcher and Riordan are Cat A.

Besides that I tend to agree with everything you have said

Remove this Banner Ad

Back